Lt. Vanessa James survives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt. Vanessa James survives!

Am I the only one who's pleased to see she wasn't killed ?

For a couple of seconds i thought that she was gone when the mine exploded.

I didn't think she would die due to spoilers. Although seriously injured came to mind simliar what happened to Riley in S1
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah with that explosion I was pretty unsure if she lived or not.

Comment

It felt like nearly every character was was about to die in this episode, one of many reasons it was so awesome:

-Volker at gunpoint
        -Park + bomb
        -James + another bomb
        -Greer taking a bullet

This is one of those things that just wouldn't have the same effect in the other series. The amount of tension in this one was absolutely insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
          Am I the only one who's pleased to see she wasn't killed ?

For a couple of seconds i thought that she was gone when the mine exploded.
          her chest soften the blow
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Silicone Airbags... never leave your galaxy without em!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
              It felt like nearly every character was was about to die in this episode, one of many reasons it was so awesome:

-Volker at gunpoint
              -Park + bomb
              -James + another bomb
              -Greer taking a bullet

This is one of those things that just wouldn't have the same effect in the other series. The amount of tension in this one was absolutely insane.
              I was thinking the same thing. With so many of the secondary characters in peril, it felt like any of them could get scragged at virtually any point in the chase. The chase itself felt like a high-energy revenge western which made the episode one of the series' best so far. With the other SG-1 or Atlantis, we knew that the other SG team members were somehow going to make it out alive. But with Riley's death and then Ginn and Amanda Perry's, it felt like any of them could get scragged at any time. Really brilliant.
              sigpic

Comment

She survived, but her head was bleeding even with the tactical helmet, which means she probably hit her head pretty hard, which means concussion.

I hope SGU wont do like Smallville where concussions happen in every other episode and with characters that should technically be in vegetative states due to cumulative effects. How are they suppose to solve this big mystery if after a few years theyre just a bunch of head banged morons?

Comment

-Volker at gunpoint
                  -Park + bomb
                  -James + another bomb
                  -Greer taking a bullet

wow i thought they would die in all these scenes, this is great...ever since riley died i keep thinking people are going to die, and it makes the show awesome.
                  Currently sad about SGU's cancellation, trying to do the best i can to save the franchise

Comment

Nope, I'm with ya. I didn't want to see her die. when the trap went off i was like "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
                      Silicone Airbags... never leave your galaxy without em!
                      HaHaHa, Nice One...... While the Trailer didn't make me think she was gonna die at all, as soon as Rush Started messing around and then yelling at Scott I knew they'd be fine, a little banged up but fine.
                      sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

-Volker at gunpoint
                        -Park + bomb
                        -James + another bomb
                        -Greer taking a bullet

I think they went over the top with it though, the more the writers act like someone is going to die the less the audience believes it because its so commonplace.

They kill off redshirts left and right but you know the main characters are never in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                          I think they went over the top with it though, the more the writers act like someone is going to die the less the audience believes it because its so commonplace.

They kill off redshirts left and right but you know the main characters are never in danger.
                          Ah, but James and the others were not main characters which was precisely why they were fair game to get scragged. TPTB have set a precedent by getting rid of Ginn, Amanda Perry, and Riley gone: Any of the secondaries—including Vanessa James or Volker—could get eliminated at any time.
                          Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 17 November 2010, 12:20 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I didn't think she would die due to spoilers. Although seriously injured came to mind simliar what happened to Riley in S1
                            ah ha ha . Seriously injured came into my mind too. When I saw her first lift her head, with all that blood, I was sure that she lost an eye. I was thinking, like a really sexy Col. Tigh.
                            sigpic
                            Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                            O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                            Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                            O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I thought she had lost her lower leg as she came up as i was watching with pretty crappy quality.

It does seem strange to me that no one gets serious wounds in stargate BSG was good for this

Spoiler:

Tigh loses an eye during torture
                              Geata loses a leg to infection

it gives a lot of new possibilities for permanent consequences without killing people it's also something mains aren't safe from.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
                              X