Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*cough*

Neural interface chair, anyone?

The chair is the easy way to pilot Destiny as its linked to Ancient physiology, if your not Ancient and you happen upon Destiny, then you have a knackering and annoying time figuring out the algorithms and how to use them to make Destiny do as you want, hopefully either dying or leaving before succeeding in altering Destiny's path, which seems to be the only thing the ship cares about.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by James71 View Post
      However, now that they can control the FTL flight path, going back for Telford should be on the table.
      Heres hoping... I really wanna see how that pans out for Telford
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
        they maid it so hard becuse destiny is not supost to go back...they wanted it to reach its gole as soon as it could...and turning around is never a veary good move
        Always going forward and never going backward will always get you to your destination. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
          *cough*

Neural interface chair, anyone?

The chair is the easy way to pilot Destiny as its linked to Ancient physiology, if your not Ancient and you happen upon Destiny, then you have a knackering and annoying time figuring out the algorithms and how to use them to make Destiny do as you want, hopefully either dying or leaving before succeeding in altering Destiny's path, which seems to be the only thing the ship cares about.

N.C
          I'm still not conviced it's a Neural Interface chair. Obviously it lets you tap in to ship systems but with the disappearance of the guy who was injured I'm still leaning toward an early version of an assension device.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
            Same course, they just doubled back.
            Was it mention anywhere that they are following the same course? Would be interesting if the alien in Chloe added a hidden subroutine to cause Destiny to backtrack their course. Why chase after Destiny when you can make it come back to you (eventually) especially if the current crew of Destiny have no idea on how to control it's autopilot.

Comment

They haven't left the planet yet, but they'll know fairly quickly if they go the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                So, we learn this time around that not only could Rush never change the clock, he could never stop it, nor ever change Destiny's course in any significant way. But now apparently we can. Looks like Rush hasn't had as much ability to save the people from previous episodes as may have been believed.

But now it makes you wonder, will they use this much in the future?

Hmm, maybe should have named this something else in hindsight, oh well.
                Here is hoping people get off the "bash rush" Bandwagon.. but i won't hold my breath on it

Well I think they used the research and progress Rush had already made, plus the 3 guys and Chloe to figure it out. It's amazing what can happen when you have some help!
                That it does..

If that was the case why would rush need to use the chair to then run a program to gain access to the bridge. could he not have just commanded the chair to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Here is hoping people get off the "bash rush" Bandwagon.. but i won't hold my breath on it

That it does..

If that was the case why would rush need to use the chair to then run a program to gain access to the bridge. could he not have just commanded the chair to do it?
                  Is it really bashing, when it is Rush's fault? His ablity may have been overstated but its still negligence due to revealing all the necessary information.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Interesting how they moved the goal post on us. Previously you needed the master key to gain complete control of Destiny. But now that Rush figured that out you need to break Ancient algorithms to get control over specific systems. So they can drag it out as long as they like.

Comment

. But now that Rush figured that out you need to break Ancient algorithms to get control over specific systems.
                      the ancients were, quite simply, much much smarter than us. besides it's obvious they made it difficult so not every random alien could access the ship.

lastly, it seems that Chloe doesn't seem to have a whole lot of troube doing the math part

Comment

Originally posted by norph View Post
                        Was it mention anywhere that they are following the same course? Would be interesting if the alien in Chloe added a hidden subroutine to cause Destiny to backtrack their course. Why chase after Destiny when you can make it come back to you (eventually) especially if the current crew of Destiny have no idea on how to control it's autopilot.
                        That is pretty funny. At least they have a chance to save Telford. Hope they fastforward the float across the void.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Is it really bashing, when it is Rush's fault? His ablity may have been overstated but its still negligence due to revealing all the necessary information.
                          And who is to say whether it really is negligence, or whether he did the right thing? Tell me honestly (even though you won't), if Rush HAD revealed the bridge early on, and several of the crew ended up dying (more than just Riley) because of it, when you say the crew was negligent?

Just like the robot early on, Rush was the only qualified person to take a look at it, and because of that, they were able to use it to fix the FTL drive.

Perhaps you might give the guy who is smarter than you and everyone else on Destiny, a little credit.

Comment

Sorry, but we are all out of credit.. Can i interest you in this low rate loan from the bank of Ba'al?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Sorry, but we are all out of credit.. Can i interest you in this low rate loan from the bank of Ba'al?
                              I would SO join that bank! Free Zat gun with every new checking account!

Comment

And if you default on a loan, a symbiot in the belly to turn you into a Jaffa, to repay it off

Comment

Working...
                                X