Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long between were the launch of the Destiny and the seed ships?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long between were the launch of the Destiny and the seed ships?

I was just wondering because I'm trying to find and or make a general timeline of the entire history of the Ancients from the Ancient/Ori split(or earlier) to the end of their civilization(Ascension?).

Ask Joseph Mallozzi (MailBag)...... I dont remembering seeing it ever really mentioned (actual numbers) on the show, and if JM gives you a number it'll probably be a vague estimate.

sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

He's said that they'd never catch up as long as the seed ships are doing their jobs. Even if they stopped right now, they still wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
        He's said that they'd never catch up as long as the seed ships are doing their jobs. Even if they stopped right now, they still wouldn't.
        I am sure they would if the Ancients/Alterans, not sure if the split had happened yet, had painted Destiny red but they were too scared it would make the ship too fast
        Last edited by hart37; 18 November 2010, 11:07 PM.

Comment

So why did we catch up to that one in Awakenings? Did the browns stop it? Was it damaged?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            So why did we catch up to that one in Awakenings? Did the browns stop it? Was it damaged?
            Then mentioned that it has a system failure, which allowed Destiny to catch up.

We might see that same Seed ship when Telford makes his return later in Season 2.
            He either fixes that Seed ship with the browns, or he catches a ride with the Browns when they leave the Seed ship.

Comment

it cant be too long looking at the gates being unburied and stuff i would put a wide guess in at
              <1,000 years

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                it cant be too long looking at the gates being unburied and stuff i would put a wide guess in at
                <1,000 years
                I would put it at less than that. Within 100 years anything could be buried depending on the weather, location, conditions.

If the purpose is for Destiny to have the ability to use those gates being dropped by the Seeder ships, then they have to still be uncovered.

I would guess that the Seeder ships should be no more than 1-10 years ahead of Destiny.
                All of the ships clearly communicate with each other because Destiny has info on the gates ahead of them. Rush tried to insert some false data once about the fake Icarus planet a year ahead of Destiny.

If I were a writer trying to make this plausible, I would say that the ships communicate with each other so that they are all roughly within a set range distance of each other. If one gets too far ahead, it can slow down.

Having a Seeder ship 1,000 years ahead of Destiny would be pointless. The odds would be too huge that the gate would be buried, damaged, destroyed by the time Destiny gets there.

Comment

That though, depends on how long it takes to make a gate, the base stand and then put it on planet.

Comment

Was I the only one disappointed when Eli asked that question in "Faith" and got no answer?

Given what we know about the durability of Stargates, it could be a long time, althoug I would guess approximately 100 years or so. It would not make much sense to send them thousands of years ahead of Destiny.
                    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I would also gamble on a couple 100 years. If I were the ancients I would have sent them out in waves, with a big initial wave but also some later launches to correct any mishaps that may have happened after a seed ship of the initial wave passed a particular location.
                      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                        Was I the only one disappointed when Eli asked that question in "Faith" and got no answer?

Given what we know about the durability of Stargates, it could be a long time, althoug I would guess approximately 100 years or so. It would not make much sense to send them thousands of years ahead of Destiny.
                        I'd say it was sooner maybe only a few years. My basis of that is that I think the ancients sent the gates ahead incase the war with wraith went bad, which it did. I don't see why else they would seed the systems out there if they didn't intend in going back. So who knows maybe we will get to see some ancients later on through the series.

Comment

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
                          I'd say it was sooner maybe only a few years. My basis of that is that I think the ancients sent the gates ahead incase the war with wraith went bad, which it did. I don't see why else they would seed the systems out there if they didn't intend in going back. So who knows maybe we will get to see some ancients later on through the series.
                          Umm I think you're about 45+ Million years off the mark...

Comment

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
                            Umm I think you're about 45+ Million years off the mark...
                            I meant the time between the seed ships being sent out then followed by destiny.

Comment

i think the seed ships were launched when the ancients had laid the keel of Destiny... this way the seed ships would probably be a few galaxies over when Destiny was launched

Comment

Working...
                              X