Rush's real motivations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush's real motivations

Something occurred to me when Rush was spilling the beans to Young, specifically the part where Young thought Rush was insinuating that the Destination might let you "play God"

Ignoring the fact that you cant reach the cosmic background radiation by just going really really far in a spaceship, you'd need a timeship (which the Ancients had!!), do you think Rush's thinking is that you can play God, and that he might be able to bring his wife back? There was a moment of hesitation on his face when Young asked if that was what he meant, before he denied it. And it would explain his irrational, obsessive, Ahab-esque behavior about Destiny. Or is that too cliche?

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
    Something occurred to me when Rush was spilling the beans to Young, specifically the part where Young thought Rush was insinuating that the Destination might let you "play God"

Ignoring the fact that you cant reach the cosmic background radiation by just going really really far in a spaceship, you'd need a timeship (which the Ancients had!!), do you think Rush's thinking is that you can play God, and that he might be able to bring his wife back? There was a moment of hesitation on his face when Young asked if that was what he meant, before he denied it. And it would explain his irrational, obsessive, Ahab-esque behavior about Destiny. Or is that too cliche?
    I am sure there is a lot more to this 'Structure" to the background radiation. If it is true or not. Rush isn't the most honest person on Destiny. I would need others to confirm this since by this point Rush's word shouldn't carry much weight anymore, especially with Young.

The hesitation could have been either it didn't occur to him yet or he was thrown for a loop that Young got to that conculsion already.

Comment

They're not trying to "reach" the CMBR, just pick up scatter fragments of the message as they travel out.

I doubt Rush is doing all this just to bring his wife back. More to the point, I doubt he'd even be able to if he had the entire message. Unless it lets you manipulate time on a whim, his wife is dead and gone.

Comment

In all fairness, the LA thought Destiny has the capability to control time and space

N.C

Comment

True dat.. Or maybe it is worse.. he feels if he is the one who acquires it he can rule over all as the first emperor rush

Comment

I think control over time and space is something a lot of people that want Destiny think it's capable of. As for Rush playing "god", yeah, I think he wants to, no matter what he tells Young.
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

BOW DOWN and worship your lord rush!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                BOW DOWN and worship your lord rush!!!
                "Marines, kree!"? Greer as his First Prime?

Comment

That would be funny/ But what would his symbol be?>

Comment

"Marines, kree!"? Greer as his First Prime?
                    funny part is. 41:22...
                    http://www.hulu.com/watch/192012/sta...e-greater-good
                    listen carefully, Eli talks over him.

Spoiler:
                    Rush is a Gua uld. that one second of the show made me want to go back and watch all of the episodes and listen for any other subtle hints. Rush wants to play god. He used to be one. "Sometimes you forget that you're in someone elses body."

Comment

Working...
                    X