Enigma (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
    Just for a couple examples of known advanced races from before this episode. Don't the Nox count? Or the Oannes?
    We got to see the Nox floating city but nothing more... It has more of an impact when the advanced society is human.

Comment

One of my favourite episodes from that season introducing one of my favourite races.
      I got a buzz seeing a race of humans that were so advanced. Damn dark ages.
      Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

So would Earth-lings be your favorite race if the damned dark age didnt happen? Haha...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well, we would be more advanced anyway. OTOH, it's not like all technilogical advances came to a screetching halt durring that time, contrary to popular belief. Slow, but not that much slower than before.

Comment

I liked this episode mostly for Carter/Narim interactions. The cat best of all, they were finally starting to give Carter some humanity later in season 1. I find her very harsh in many of the early episodes... and very... well, unSam-like as we came to know her.

Comment

Hate to admit it but I´m the type who rooted for the pentagon. Getting the Tolen technology for earth would easily justify holding them against their will IMO.

Comment

What Maybourne proposed is not entirely unreasonable in the context of American history. The most obvious example were the German V2 rocket scientists that were so called 'prisoners of peace' well into the 1950s. Treated very well, and given all the resources they could want, but they certainly weren't free to go home.

It did get us to the moon, so it's kinda hard to argue with it.

Comment

And here we are talking about something much more important then going to the moon. To protect the earth and humanity I´d say that a lot is forgivable and justifiable .

This is one of my few beef´s with SG-1, they tend to let emotions and "doing the right thing" get in the way of fulfilling their primary mission which is to protect earth.

Comment

There techno is cool, they should have shot them all and copied there stuff.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Well since none of the Earth people could even figure out what the devices were for, killing them wouldn't have been really helpful.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                        And here we are talking about something much more important then going to the moon. To protect the earth and humanity I´d say that a lot is forgivable and justifiable .

This is one of my few beef´s with SG-1, they tend to let emotions and "doing the right thing" get in the way of fulfilling their primary mission which is to protect earth.
                        SPOILER

I know but they have now something to protect the Earth X302 X303 and the ancients outpost of course
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                          SPOILER

I know but they have now something to protect the Earth X302 X303 and the ancients outpost of course
                          And zats,and staffweapons and of course the stargate (it can be used as a weapon,look what Anubis did in redemption)
                          your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            I liked both Narrim and Omac(Omoc)
                            I dunno if you've seen the third Harry Potter movie, but Omoc reminds me of Peter Pettigrew (you know, the one that was the rat). Something about Omoc just looks...rattish. It bugs me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                              My dear Wyrminarrd, this may be excellent TV, but it is TV nevertheless. Therefore, acting on emotions and "doing the right thing" and saving the world can automatically go hand in hand. And of course, I, being the poor naive soul I am, like to pretend that one CAN in fact do the right thing, act on emotions, and still save the world.

Hey, you never know. Besides, they're under Hammond's command. I think he trusts them to work things out in the end. It might not be realistic, but that's why we [heart] ole Hammond of Texas with the Crown of Marble.
                              Last edited by zats; 03 December 2004, 06:31 PM. Reason: When in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered dragon, always remember: you don't have to outrun the dragon...just the halfing!

Comment

Not my fave episode but what the Nox girl did at the end with the gate was pretty impressive and when she made them all invisible. I hated Maybourne (no offense to the actor) and I also disliked the Tollans but they did have good technology.

Comment

Working...
                                X