No announcement yet.

Enigma (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He attacked a government building, which is not the same as colluding with the "enemy"... What McVeigh did wasn't treason, that was domestic terrorism.

Jigsaw time: 8 minutes and 48 seconds
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, he bombed a government building, which could've been considered levying war against the U.S.

In general, if there is another available charge (domestic terrorism) that will be used instead of treason.

(I don't think Maybourne committed treason, either, FWIW).

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        Well, he bombed a government building, which could've been considered levying war against the U.S.

In general, if there is another available charge (domestic terrorism) that will be used instead of treason.

(I don't think Maybourne committed treason, either, FWIW).

Seaboe
        I can't remember the details but his dealings with the Trust surely crossed the line to treason at some point. I mean, he started dealing with the Russians with classified intel.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

But were the Russians enemies of the U.S. at that point? Was the Trust advocating the overthrow of the government so as to make them enemies of the U.S.?

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

10:40 13/15

This was a good episode.

The Tollan were very arrogant, understandably so, but still. Omac could have used some classes on social graces. Narim fell in love at first sight-- I do believe that Carter was shocked by it...and intrigued. I love that we got to see Lya from the Nox again.

Colonel Maybourne had his first appearance. I don't think that he made a good first impression on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
              Colonel Maybourne had his first appearance. I don't think that he made a good first impression on the team.
              I doubt any of his impressions count as good...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I doubt any of his impressions count as good...

True that

Comment

Their were times when he was more of an ally than antagonist
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

If I remember correctly, I always found him annoying.

Comment

What I liked about early Maybourne (as opposed to other military villains) is that while he was a jerk, he really did have good goals. He just wasn't so nice about how he intended to achieve them.

Seaboe

Comment

He's the bad guy doing good on the side?

Comment

What Seaboe is saying is yes he is an antagonist, Maybourne ultimately does what he does to protect his country. In contrast to Cool Simmons who was a greedy mikta
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Exactly.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                              What I liked about early Maybourne (as opposed to other military villains) is that while he was a jerk, he really did have good goals. He just wasn't so nice about how he intended to achieve them.

Seaboe

I can agree with this..

Comment

Error:

1. Maybourne gave an order to fire, so the Nox Lya made the Tollans disappear, the chevron 2 and 3 went off as well in the background.
                                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x16/01.jpg
                                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x16/02.jpg
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X