• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enigma (116)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 116

The SG-1 team rescues a group of advanced humans from a planet near destruction, and must find a new home for the refugees before the Pentagon gets their hands on them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 11:07 PM.

The Tolen really began to get on my nerves, after a while. Not my favourite ep. of the season.
    sigpic

Comment

It was, however, nice to finally meet a race that was actually more advanced then us, and wasn't the Goa'uld too bad they weren't willing to help fight
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Just for a couple examples of known advanced races from before this episode. Don't the Nox count? Or the Oannes?
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
          Just for a couple examples of known advanced races from before this episode. Don't the Nox count? Or the Oannes?
          No they don't

You're right we did meet other advanced peoples. It's just that for me, the Tollans are the first race that we meet that actually "feels" advanced.

Plus I've always thought of the Nox as more biological then technelogical, though I know they do have technology, they don't seem to care about it or why the heck would you live in a hut with no amenities? (They wouldn't share either )

The Oannes -- those were Nem's people right? -- Did he say were his people were? We only ever saw him. I guess he just struck me as a loner, not so much as a people.

OR my brain wasn't working and I just forgot about them
          ~BCM =)

Comment

i was actually really confused why Tollans left a team of ppl....to saty on the planet...and watch...

Comment

IIRC they were left behind to disable the gate so that noone would go there by mistake.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

The introduction of the Tollen, Nirim, and the Cat.

Comment

They were supposed to destroy the gate.

I liked both Narrim and Omac(Omoc)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    No they don't
                    Alright, just checking.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      They were supposed to destroy the gate.
                      How? It seems like the Ancients made the gates un-blow-up-able. They survived a direct meteor hit and a crashing ship.

Comment

I thought the Tollan were a little uptight about sharing their tech,but I understood their reluctance, once Narim explained the real reasons.
                        Nice byplay between Omoc and Daniel,and the NID/Maybourne being thwarted by the Nox. Go Lya !
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                          How? It seems like the Ancients made the gates un-blow-up-able. They survived a direct meteor hit and a crashing ship.
                          Ok then, disable it, phaseshift it or whatever

Comment

Maybe the volcano buried the Gate anyway ?
                            That'd be pretty permanent,IMO !
                            *Sigh* Another one for my rewatch list....
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It would be easier to put a coverstone over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X