Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enigma (116)

Default Re: Enigma (116)

Hate to admit it but I´m the type who rooted for the pentagon. Getting the Tolen technology for earth would easily justify holding them against their will IMO.

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

What Maybourne proposed is not entirely unreasonable in the context of American history. The most obvious example were the German V2 rocket scientists that were so called 'prisoners of peace' well into the 1950s. Treated very well, and given all the resources they could want, but they certainly weren't free to go home.

It did get us to the moon, so it's kinda hard to argue with it.

And here we are talking about something much more important then going to the moon. To protect the earth and humanity I´d say that a lot is forgivable and justifiable .

This is one of my few beef´s with SG-1, they tend to let emotions and "doing the right thing" get in the way of fulfilling their primary mission which is to protect earth.

There techno is cool, they should have shot them all and copied there stuff.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Well since none of the Earth people could even figure out what the devices were for, killing them wouldn't have been really helpful.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd
    And here we are talking about something much more important then going to the moon. To protect the earth and humanity I´d say that a lot is forgivable and justifiable .

This is one of my few beef´s with SG-1, they tend to let emotions and "doing the right thing" get in the way of fulfilling their primary mission which is to protect earth.
    SPOILER

I know but they have now something to protect the Earth X302 X303 and the ancients outpost of course
    Lord Zedd

Chief Master Sergeant Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Anubis
    SPOILER

I know but they have now something to protect the Earth X302 X303 and the ancients outpost of course
    And zats,and staffweapons and of course the stargate (it can be used as a weapon,look what Anubis did in redemption)

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    I liked both Narrim and Omac(Omoc)
    I dunno if you've seen the third Harry Potter movie, but Omoc reminds me of Peter Pettigrew (you know, the one that was the rat). Something about Omoc just looks...rattish. It bugs me!

Re: Enigma (116)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd
    My dear Wyrminarrd, this may be excellent TV, but it is TV nevertheless. Therefore, acting on emotions and "doing the right thing" and saving the world can automatically go hand in hand. And of course, I, being the poor naive soul I am, like to pretend that one CAN in fact do the right thing, act on emotions, and still save the world.

Hey, you never know. Besides, they're under Hammond's command. I think he trusts them to work things out in the end. It might not be realistic, but that's why we [heart] ole Hammond of Texas with the Crown of Marble.
    Last edited by zats; December 3rd, 2004 at 06:31 PM. Reason: When in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered dragon, always remember: you don't have to outrun the dragon...just the halfing!

Lieutenant Colonel WraithWarrior's Avatar

Chevron Re: Enigma (116)

Not my fave episode but what the Nox girl did at the end with the gate was pretty impressive and when she made them all invisible. I hated Maybourne (no offense to the actor) and I also disliked the Tollans but they did have good technology.

I saw this episode yestarday.It was a very long time that I saw this. I didn't remember Omoc.He is so silent but cool and than the cat Shrodinger
    Lord Zedd

Talking Re: Enigma (116)

Quote Originally Posted by WraithWarrior
    Not my fave episode but what the Nox girl did at the end with the gate was pretty impressive and when she made them all invisible. I hated Maybourne (no offense to the actor) and I also disliked the Tollans but they did have good technology.
    Of course you hated Maybourne. You're supposed to!

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    Of course you hated Maybourne. You're supposed to!
    Actually, you're supposed to love to hate him

Quote Originally Posted by rocket4477
    Actually, you're supposed to love to hate him
    Ha. Ha. Ha.

Captain Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    Ha. Ha. Ha.
    I agree, I love Maybourne.

I only have one thing to add, aside that I love this episode: Damn Daniel! Why is he the only one to ever walk in on Sam smooching someone? It should have been Jack walking in there. So he could remember that scene later and tease Sam about it and be all jealous at the same time Darn, Daniel always ruins my shippy needs.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Zat Re: Enigma (116)

Quote Originally Posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman

I only have one thing to add, aside that I love this episode: Damn Daniel! Why is he the only one to ever walk in on Sam smooching someone? It should have been Jack walking in there. So he could remember that scene later and tease Sam about it and be all jealous at the same time Darn, Daniel always ruins my shippy needs.
    I know!! I was crushed!!!! TPTB had such an excellent opportunity and they let it slip away...sigh. Grrr.

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

Omoc seemed like such a jerk at the beginning of the episode, though later you understood more of his reasons for his actions and it helped somewhat that his attitude towards the Taur’i softened a bit….

Favorite line - Hammond to Maybourne: “That wasn’t an invitation. It was an order, Colonel.”

Loved how the SGC maneuvered around Maybourne at the end… Daniel in the gateroom holding his hand up to his ear, pretending not to hear Maybourne's orders and threats.

And of course, at the end, to hear the line again: “The very young do not always do as they're told.”
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

I loved this ep and the Tollan. Its good to see some more advanced peoples that our actually humans. They were just like us too: didn't want to share their technology or any other information with us. If you think about it America does that to the rest of the world. Good ark with the Tollan later.

Zat Re: Enigma (116)

Overall I thought this was a pretty good episode. Too bad Jack didn't have a chance to beat Maybourne up.
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

I like all the eps w/ the Tollans, and you gotta love the cat
    http://members.shaw.ca/userkey/user_...nky1ani1uj.gif YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast