Drill / Work-out sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drill / Work-out sessions?

Back in Season One, to boost morale and health, they had civilians and military personnel run around the corridors to keep up their health, physique and sanity.

Now with the Lucian Alliance on board, do you think they're still doing those drills?

Because other than walking around, having daily light meals, and the occasion couples who have sex, I'm surprised the people aren't any thinner, weaker, and/or drained from space travel and daily duty exhaustion.

Which brings another thought. In Season one, there were those repair robots. How is their repair progress coming along? Which unexplored / damaged rooms have been resurrected and repaired?

Do the ancients have a recreation room and/or gym?

Come to think of it, I forget if the Prometheus / Daedelus / Hammond were equipped with a gym or not either.

Originally posted by qingdom View Post
    Which brings another thought. In Season one, there were those repair robots. How is their repair progress coming along? Which unexplored / damaged rooms have been resurrected and repaired?
    There's one repair robot, and it doesn't work automatically.

Originally posted by qingdom View Post
    Do the ancients have a recreation room and/or gym?

Come to think of it, I forget if the Prometheus / Daedelus / Hammond were equipped with a gym or not either.
    The latter, yes, the former, we don't know.

Comment

We know from last weeks ep, they were wanting the Repair droid to get to work on the large dome (which had numerous holes in), but Young over rid them.

Comment

Back in Season One, to boost morale and health, they had civilians and military personnel run around the corridors to keep up their health, physique and sanity.

Now with the Lucian Alliance on board, do you think they're still doing those drills?
        Considering their supply and rationing situation I'm not sure how feasible that program still is.

Comment

Greer should start a calisthenics class I think he would be a good motivator.

1..and ...2 and...come on you lazy pieces of trash ...3....feel the burn...4.

Comment

my guess they do get exercise but this isn't shown.

and it would be funny to see greer teaching them.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post

Lol i just had a mental image when i read that;

Greer running laps around the whole of Destiny's accessible living area, counting in his head "638 laps" blatantly not aware of the bodies littering the floor from his class who are all passed out and unconscious/gasping for breath, and Greer hasnt even broken a sweat yet

N.C

Comment

It would be funny to see him and varro having a running competition and seeing Varro win.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                  my guess they do get exercise but this isn't shown.
                  (...)
                  This pretty much. After all it would get quite boring if every episode started with a workout session (though this would be an excellent oppourtunity for some fanservice, like James in a tight shirt or Scott and Greer training shirtless so maybe TPTB will do it eventually).

They don't look half-starved since this is a TV-Show and you can't really force the actors to starve themselves for weeks just to make a point.
                  In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

In 'Unending' the Odyssey had one, we can only assume the non-away team members of the ships have to exercise somehow sitting on their butts all day, the ones on their feet walking around wouldnt need that much, but one being available is just obvious, especially if artificial gravity fails

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post

Is he holding a flamethrower?
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        Is he holding a flamethrower?
                        What that means, is feel the burn that your muscles feel like when you are working out good enough.

Comment

True.. but i think she was insuating he would use it as a form of "Motivation:"

Comment

You are quite right, its often said here, along with similar things in the military.

Comment

Working...
                            X