What I don't Understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I don't Understand

What i don't understand about this episode, and I havnt seen it brought up yet; why didnt they take the little fighter ship to get them(Rush, Young) back?

If I have overlooked something, the simplicity of that solution please fill me in.

If by little fighter ship you mean one of the shuttles then they don't have any left, one was lost in 'Faith' the other in 'Aftermath'.

Comment

What I don't understand is... hey lets send the commander and the one person with the most knowledge about ancient systems to a derelict ship floating in space.

Comment

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
        What I don't understand is... hey lets send the commander and the one person with the most knowledge about ancient systems to a derelict ship floating in space.
        ^this

in like star trek terms young is the captian and rush might as well be first officer.
        sigpic

Comment

Plot device, nothing more. As soon as Rush wanted to go, especially after his suspicious behavior for the past few weeks, you just *know* that Young is going along with him. And who's going to tell him he can't?

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Well Rush stopped the ship to investigate the ship personally - he figured he'd be fine. Young went to keep an eye on Rush. They both do the offworld thing a lot, so it's not exactly uncommon.

What I don't understand is how somebody, even if they hadn't seen Aftermath or Faith and realised that we were down two shuttles, missed Brody's big line: "We've got no shuttles."
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

What I don't understand is why they didn't send another kino to the rescue. And since they can actually manoeuver Destiny, there wasn't much tension there. Looked like a gratuitous and clumsy "action" scene to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oulak View Post
                What I don't understand is why they didn't send another kino to the rescue. And since they can actually manoeuver Destiny, there wasn't much tension there. Looked like a gratuitous and clumsy "action" scene to me.
                Space is very big, and they might not have been able to shut off the counter. Plus, with the ship moving like that, it'd be hard to get the Kino to them without the ship batting it aside during its spin.

Comment

What I don't understand is why in god's name you would EVER manually maneuver a ship as advanced as Destiny. You should be able to tell it to match speed and approach an object and it should just plot the course and execute the maneuver itself.

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
                    What I don't understand is why in god's name you would EVER manually maneuver a ship as advanced as Destiny. You should be able to tell it to match speed and approach an object and it should just plot the course and execute the maneuver itself.
                    If you could control its autopilot, sure, but they can't do that.

Comment

Even worse they picked two guys who aren't exactly the best of friends. It was obviously done for dramatic effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Oulak View Post
                        I also found this confusing.

Surely guiding a Kino over would have been easier than the alternative, even with the spin of the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                          I also found this confusing.

Surely guiding a Kino over would have been easier than the alternative, even with the spin of the ship.
                          Harder than you think. Kinos don't move that fast, and the ship was spinning at a pretty decent rate. That's a small bullseye to hit.

Comment

If by fighter ship, you mean all of those blues shuttles, they blew them all up. Without salvaging ANY technology off of them. And yet casually went to unknown ship to salvage technology?????

What I can't figure out is how simeon was unguarded. How a year later they still only have TWO working space suits. And how a ship the size of a large city has virtually nothing in it to help the occupants live productive lives. Showers and beds? No library, gift shop, arcarde, day care, sporting arena? Or how a ship that's supposed to undertake a million plus year journey doesn't automatically repair itself. i.e. Just the one robot?

Or better yet, what happens when they run out of Kinos?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                              If by fighter ship, you mean all of those blues shuttles, they blew them all up. Without salvaging ANY technology off of them. And yet casually went to unknown ship to salvage technology?????
                              They couldn't exactly get to the second one, and the blues would track them while they were trying to salvage anything.

What I can't figure out is how simeon was unguarded. How a year later they still only have TWO working space suits. And how a ship the size of a large city has virtually nothing in it to help the occupants live productive lives. Showers and beds? No library, gift shop, arcarde, day care, sporting arena? Or how a ship that's supposed to undertake a million plus year journey doesn't automatically repair itself. i.e. Just the one robot?
                              Simeon probably killed his guard, there only found three spacesuits and only two were intact, they've barely explored any of the ship so it may have more rooms, and automatic repair would be just as prone to failure as anything else on that ship.

Or better yet, what happens when they run out of Kinos?
                              The ship makes more every time they take one. They haven't lost that many anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X