Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate lore used in Fringe tonight! (spoilers for Fringe and greater good)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate lore used in Fringe tonight! (spoilers for Fringe and greater good)

Fringe's episode tonight had all sorts of lore that I swear came straight out of Stargate! They had a whole storyline of humans that existed long before we did.. before the dinosaurs even. There were references to Atlantis, the big bang, a code buried in time that was left by the ancients. Peter even dropped the word Destiny.

They had to go around to different locations to dig up things.. i half expected to see a Stargate on the end of the crane! =D

I know it's got nothing to do with Stargate per se but needless to say, I ate it up!

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
    Fringe's episode tonight had all sorts of lore that I swear came straight out of Stargate! They had a whole storyline of humans that existed long before we did.. before the dinosaurs even. There were references to Atlantis, the big bang, a code buried in time that was left by the ancients. Peter even dropped the word Destiny.

They had to go around to different locations to dig up things.. i half expected to see a Stargate on the end of the crane! =D

I know it's got nothing to do with Stargate per se but needless to say, I ate it up!
    Yeah I just saw that Fringe episode. Thats some crazy stuff. I thought of stargate as well.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post

Great episode. I thought of Stargate too. And I also thought
      Spoiler:
      about the observers!!!

Fringe is kicking all kind of ass plotwise this season!! It's more serialized or mytholized with each episodes presenting a whole compelling story and adding to the overall arcs at the same time.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        Spoiler:
        about the observers!!!

Fringe is kicking all kind of ass plotwise this season!! It's more serialized or mytholized with each episodes presenting a whole compelling story and adding to the overall arcs at the same time.
        Agreed. I'll go into it more when the discussion thread opens up in the Fringe forum. Good fun on the horizon!

Yeah, it did remind me of Stargate for a moment. Ancients and all that. Also, kinda Lost-y with the numbers, and kinda Alias-y with the guest star guy being that short guy from Alias whose name I've forgotten.

But most importantly, it was kinda Fringe-y. And I wouldn't have it any other way...
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I noticed these too with all the "First people" references. I think it's possible this was done on purpose, but it could very well just be coincidences.

Comment

Ya imediatly after they said that on Fringe i said STARGATE
            "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
            with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
              Spoiler:
              about the observers!!!

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Agreed. I'll go into it more when the discussion thread opens up in the Fringe forum. Good fun on the horizon!

Yeah, it did remind me of Stargate for a moment. Ancients and all that. Also, kinda Lost-y with the numbers, and kinda Alias-y with the guest star guy being that short guy from Alias whose name I've forgotten.

But most importantly, it was kinda Fringe-y. And I wouldn't have it any other way...
                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                X