Where were Gloria/Franklin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where were Gloria/Franklin ?

So why did Gloria or franklien not appear? I am why? Maybe because the Mission is now known? Is because the crew knows?

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Maybe because only Rush can see them...

and its Franklin*

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Maybe because they only appear to Rush?

Comment

It's possible they only appear to rush but I'm hoping that's no neccesarilly the case. Imagine the scene.......

Brody: I don't understand how you could have figured everything out about the bridge by yourself.
        Volker: Yeah I mean I know you're good buuut.....
        Rush: Oh I had some help....
        Eli, Volker, Brody *together*: Who?
        Franklin: Hey guys...
        *The three scientists jump out of their skin and look behind them, seeing Franklin standing behind them near the doors of the bridge.........Franklin waves*
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by FoX-1028 View Post
          Maybe because only Rush can see them...

and its Franklin*
          Thanks for the correction!

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

I'm hoping we see them again . . .
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I'd guess that the reason only Rush can see Franklin/Gloria is because Destiny is using what they represent to Rush in order to communicate with him. It's entirely possible that once more people start interacting in a more direct manner with the Destiny that they may see thier own versions of Franklin/Gloria as well.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                It's entirely possible that once more people start interacting in a more direct manner with the Destiny that they may see thier own versions of Franklin/Gloria as well.
                If Riley shows up, Young is gonna jump out of his skin. Seriously, I'm not sure about a bunch of dead people running around the bridge. That ship is dark and creepy enough as it is . . .
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                  If Riley shows up, Young is gonna jump out of his skin. Seriously, I'm not sure about a bunch of dead people running around the bridge. That ship is dark and creepy enough as it is . . .
                  I could see that working quite well if Young was forced to make a "cost analysis" decision. Besides, it doesn't have to all "I see dead people" type stuff, just people from X characters past (living or dead) that represent a certain "thing" to the observer (Jungian Archetype type stuff, but on a personal basis)
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

While it would be good if for nothing else to see riley again, i doubt it could use those who were not in the mind of someone who has not sat in the chair.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                      I'm thinking that we're going to see Riley flashbacks or dreams from Young. Actually I'm surprised we haven't seen any yet as Young thought very highly of Riley (as did most of the crew—and the viewers).
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                        So why did Gloria or franklien not appear? I am why? Maybe because the Mission is now known? Is because the crew knows?
                        They appear to Rush when he's on the bridge... and Rush wasn't on the bridge this episode.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Since we know Julie McNiven's character will recur, it's a safe bet that she'll appear on the bridge when Eli is there. The ship has no reason to manifest Gloria for a character other than Rush. I guess the image of Dr. Franklin will work for all characters, who happen to be on the bridge.

Comment

Unless Destiny is specifically sending these 'helping hand' avatars for Rush and Rush alone.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Only Rush and Chloe have sat in the neural interface chair and not been uploaded like Franklin was so perhaps only they will be able to see the ship's manifestations?
                              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Working...
                              X