Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible theory about Destiny, the Ancients, the destination, and how it ties in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats rather interesting, like 'The Ark' episode of SGA

N.C

Comment

well the third shuttle was never seen, possible launched by ancients that did go to Destiny at some point... or maybe one of our crew gets sent back in time and takes it so keep timeline straight?

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
        Thats rather interesting, like 'The Ark' episode of SGA

N.C
        I agree it would be an interesting idea to go through.

Comment

the ancients didnt have wormhole drive in atlantis?(in the last episode?..) why they dont use it instead of destiny to get there way faster ?
          or why sgc dont use it to get "this ppl home" ?with that drive they can reach destiny in days lol

Comment

Originally posted by blade7gr View Post
            the ancients didnt have wormhole drive in atlantis?(in the last episode?..) why they dont use it instead of destiny to get there way faster ?
            or why sgc dont use it to get "this ppl home" ?with that drive they can reach destiny in days lol
            We are yet to see the Atlantis movie, which follows on from the events of SGA Season 5. Perhaps Atlantis is destroyed, and the wormhole drive lost with it?
            Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

That would suck. either that, or the Wormhole drive is a short range 'quick travel' at large amt of power get to where you need to kind of thing. So we would still not have enough power to even get to the destiny, let alone back home.

Comment

Originally posted by blade7gr View Post
                If I'm not mistaken Destiny has a Hyperdrive, folds space instead of trying to push through it faster than light. that's what all the guaold had... copies of the Ancients last drive type. But even with Hyperdrive (which I believe IS faster than the FTL drive) Destiny is at least a dozen Galaxies away from earth and that's a LOT of space... Trying to use a Hyper drive to travel that far might be 1/4 of the time... so only 2500 years instead of 10,000 years?

No I still think the Ancients were thinking of using the destiny as some kind of long term storage device with engines... they wanted to SEE what was at the center of the univerrse, not just ship out a vehicle and hope someone in 10,000 years was around to mabey get a chance to hope through thousands of stargates and mabey get to destiny. If they were going to send that many ships that far (seed ships etc.) then they should have figured out a way to be there when destiny got to it's destination.

Comment

if I'm not mistaken the atlantis wormhole drive took a major sip from the ZPM's just by crossing between two very closeby galaxies

Originally posted by cheezegr8r View Post
                  If I'm not mistaken Destiny has a Hyperdrive, folds space instead of trying to push through it faster than light. that's what all the guaold had... copies of the Ancients last drive type. But even with Hyperdrive (which I believe IS faster than the FTL drive) Destiny is at least a dozen Galaxies away from earth and that's a LOT of space... Trying to use a Hyper drive to travel that far might be 1/4 of the time... so only 2500 years instead of 10,000 years?

No I still think the Ancients were thinking of using the destiny as some kind of long term storage device with engines... they wanted to SEE what was at the center of the univerrse, not just ship out a vehicle and hope someone in 10,000 years was around to mabey get a chance to hope through thousands of stargates and mabey get to destiny. If they were going to send that many ships that far (seed ships etc.) then they should have figured out a way to be there when destiny got to it's destination.
                  destiny is a whole lot further out than 12 galaxies...
                  I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                    if I'm not mistaken the atlantis wormhole drive took a major sip from the ZPM's just by crossing between two very closeby galaxies

destiny is a whole lot further out than 12 galaxies...
                    Yeah, they had 3 fully charged ZPMs (the minimal requirement of the drive) and using it nearly depleted them all, so much so they couldn't even effectively battle the super wraith ship (could only use shields or engines, not both). I'm pretty sure the episode states the wormhole drive wasn't even finished by the ancients yet when they abandoned Atlantis. McKay finished it up to get it viable (in his spare time, no less! That episode was waaaay too rushed).

Comment

What we forget is the Anicents where moving leaving the milky way after seeding it with life and to escape the virus. The seeded life in pegusus but the birth of the Waith halted there journey. It as if they where following Destiny's flight path. That make you think there arrogant asses may have thought they would seed life through those same galaxies as they followed. If they did not finish Destiny's mission they may have thought there genetic offsprings would. That probably why Destiny & Atlantis is set up to identify us as just that. Children of the Ancient, in that sense the mission will be completed. By us. As far as ascending, once done they had there answers so now they watch through us, only intervening when we mess with there off the limit toys. There are no ancient on destiny acended or other wise. What no one has yet explored is other races and what acending means to them. The Ori cousins used to make them god's. Could a possiable Planet builder feel the same?, would they care, or just be curious? But please can we put the acended ancient to rest, and let them be. It to easy an answer.

Comment

That is an interesting idea. Perhaps they DID intend to bring the Atlantis city ship in the same path, just slowly enough to seed life in each galaxy and ensure it was flourishing... then we hit the wall of the wraith.

Comment

I just watched Siezure and
                          Spoiler:
                          now i'm positive that the Ancients intended to upload their conscience into the ship so they could endure the log trip to where ever destiny his headed. the fact that they were able to upload Jinn and Amanda AND rush was able to upload himself to the ships "matrix" should prove that the chair was intended for that very thing.

I'm still thinking there's some ancient conscience basically in storage on that ship just waiting for the vessel to get to it's destination......
                          Last edited by jasminaGo; 08 April 2011, 12:20 AM. Reason: adding spoiler tags

Comment

Maybe that was the chair's intended purpose all along.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.

GADS I wish they hadn't of cancelled the show.

I wonder if the writers will kick out some books or something.

I MUST KNOW!!!

Comment

You're discussing it without spoiler tags, this is "The Greater Good" episode folder.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X