Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible theory about Destiny, the Ancients, the destination, and how it ties in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible theory about Destiny, the Ancients, the destination, and how it ties in.

So after tuesday's episode, i got to thinking 'if the ancients wanted to go find out about this message being broadcast from the big bang origin, they'd HAVE to know that it's physically impossible for them to survive any trip there because it'd take tens of thousands of years for their (at that time) fastest ship to get there. How would you, an Ancient, who's very advanced and very smart, last long enough to see the awnser? Stasis pod? nope, time goes very slowly but still goes. Loose power to the pad and your toast. How about ascend? well if you ascend you are energy and you probably already know the awnser to the question. But what if.... ascension was devised as a way to endure the long distance travel to this place destiny is going? what if the ancients, figuring it would be far easier to endure the rigors of a trip that long if you could get rid of your body and exsist in say the Destiny data bank? There's episodes that support this.

The guy that was injured and put in the chair (i forget his name). he disappeared... or did he? the ship engages it's FTL drive right after he disappeared.

The ship seems to know it has people on it and actually are testing their commander to make sure he's fit to command.

Rush uses the chair to get the code for the bridge.

My thinking is that the crew didn't leave destiny, their still abord. and they used the chair to sort of semi ascend. their not free flowing energy, but instead contained within the destiny's masive computer system. and their just as interested in the humans that have come aboard as they are in destiny's final destination....

Just food for thought.

The crew didn't leave Destiny because there never was a crew onboard Destiny.

Comment

Are you sure? was there an episode where they found that out?

Comment

Indeed. They meant to come to destiny later on. However it is possible that the Ancients did intend for it to be a generational ship. I mean it is pretty big and areas like the Dome look like pretty massive communal areas.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The Destiney was suppose to be boarded at some point. Like everything ancient, they left lying around. Now that they are ascended they don't care. Now at this point I wonder how Rush knew about this or is it opportunity that came along.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
            Awww... that could have been YARF. (Yet Another Rush Fabrication)

Comment

I just wrote this in another thread, before even reading your post OP. Seems we agree
              ( see my post below )

Originally posted by Stranded View Post
              Perhaps ascension is the way that the Ancients can continue to follow Destiny's journey, in some way?

They were mere mortals - intelligent and powerful yes, but still mortal. Being realistic, they would have realised that their civilisation may eventually end and therefore when ascension presented itself as a viable option, they may have chosen to take it as the only 100% guarantee of being around when the Destiny finally completed its mission.

So far there's no firm evidence or proof of ascended beings present on or near Destiny. Whether that's because they have chosen not to reveal themselves yet, they're still trying to catch up to Destiny even in their ascended forms, or because I'm completely wrong... we're yet to find out.

What I'm trying to say is that even if appears that the Ancients appear to have "forgotten" about Destiny and it's mission - that isn't necessarily the case.
              -----------------

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
              Well, that's what we believe at the moment. And there isn't any evidence to dispute that either.

However, it's possible that the Ancients have used the stargate to board Destiny in the past. There are crates on the Destiny - perhaps supplies brought on board through the stargate the first time a team (Ancients) boarded the ship? Those crates haven't been opened yet, as far as we know. We don't know what is in them.

Yes, the ship was sent out unmanned. Currently evidence seems to suggest that the Ancients never came back to the Destiny, but there is not 100% guaranteed proof to back that up. They may have returned to the ship, only to leave again for some reason. It's a plot thread that the writers may or may not pick up on in the future.
              Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by cheezegr8r View Post
                Stasis pod? nope, time goes very slowly but still goes.
                Unless you put those pods in a time dilation bubble running on star power, that could go for millions of years, and you would still have a fresh minted breath coming out of stasis.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                  Unless you put those pods in a time dilation bubble running on star power, that could go for millions of years, and you would still have a fresh minted breath coming out of stasis.
                  Oh come on, thats an awesome idea, if a little Deus Ex, but because its a good idea the writers wouldnt think of it

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                    The Destiney was suppose to be boarded at some point. Like everything ancient, they left lying around. Now that they are ascended they don't care. Now at this point I wonder how Rush knew about this or is it opportunity that came along.
                    They are actually ridiculously un-environmentally friendly.

Comment

Still not as bad as the Goa'uld though

N.C

Comment

Destiny was never meant to have a crew upon launch. As others have alluded to above, they were meant to catch up to it using my guess is a combination of Expansion via the Stargate System they Destiny/Seeder Ships were setting up.

I mean Destiny does have crew quarters so they did at one point expect to reach it again. But as the show has alluded to: They pretty much sidetracked from the Project with their Ascension projects and the War with the Ori & Wraith.

I'm sure the Ascended Ancients now, have been keeping tabs on it (something that Mallozzi & Co. hint at with the whole Lt. Johanssen baby story).

They said there will also be an Atlantis/SGU crossover I believe in the future. Thought not an in-depth one.

Comment

Doesn't it seem odd thought that placing someone in the chair and letting the chair do it's thing make that person "disappear"? what about the conversation about destiny "knowing" that the earthlings were there. the Dreams that the commander was having? the Miracle of the leutenant and the sergeant both surviving outside during the radition blast at the begining of season 2.

and if I was an ancient I'd wanna live to see what destiny discovered. I mean they HAD to know it was going to take that ship Eons to get there... expecting to reboard it later just doesn't make sense. any Ancient that was around at the launch would be dust by then.

Comment

The Ancients could have sent a crew to Destiny but something happen and they couldn't dial back so they all sat in the chair and hibernated in the ship. Maybe like Wraith technology, one day they'll unbeam themselves. Surprise!

Comment

I was thinking that if they could become part of the ship they might have come up with a way to undo it. Heck, the stargates dematerialize matter and store it in a buffer. They should have the technology to use that process and store their bodies for long term travel and keep their conscience someplace else so they could be aware of what was going on to the ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X