2 episodes in a row with no Stargate action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Which brings up the point, now they DO know what the destinies mission is, will they even try to go back home via dialing?>

I would say more like a dozen!
    Some of the civilians would still like to go home since they are completely useless on Destiny. That would give enough cause to attempt to dial Earth and send them back.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
      I dont care that the stargate isnt part of the main plot, but i would really love seeing a secondary team go or come back from getting stuff. It can be a 10 seconds scene where you see a group coming back with herbs, fruits or water.
      Uh, that was the entire plot catalyst of Aftermath.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
        I guess in SGU, adventure comes to you.
        This would be the DS9 approach.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
          This would be the DS9 approach.
          I find DS9 is a lot like SGU already. They had their adventures but their was a lot of character involvment as well.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

How many times the gate was used in each episode......???? Come on people!!! Is that really a topic on which the show is considered good or not? I think not. The great thing about SGU is that even if you took the gate right out of the show, it could stand alone as a greatly written,directed,produced, and acted series....period. People actually care if the gate has, or hasn't been used in an episode??!?!?!?! Wow. Goodtimes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
              How many times the gate was used in each episode......???? Come on people!!! Is that really a topic on which the show is considered good or not? I think not. The great thing about SGU is that even if you took the gate right out of the show, it could stand alone as a greatly written,directed,produced, and acted series....period. People actually care if the gate has, or hasn't been used in an episode??!?!?!?! Wow. Goodtimes!!!
              I don't care to go through episodes of SG1 and SGA to count gate use and thereby judge their stargatiness on that but I often wonder how those two shows would rate. Would some of them not be stargatey enough? Is the big kawhoosh the only thing that made and continues to make the show? It's an aspect, yes, but it's not the sole determiner. It reminds me of something Montalban said in relation to his role as Khan - even when Khan wasn't in the scene, the others were still talking about him. The stargate may not be in each and every scene but it's presence and all the fallout from its existence infuses every scene. They wouldn't be where they were if not for the thing. It's important, yes, but not as the physical thing in itself. It's important because of everything else it touches and how it affects those that come into contact with it. It doesn't need to be in every scene.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Well given that the extent of usefulness of most of the scientists has been to open and close doors so far. The gate is one of the more interesting doors. While the CGI helps to distract us from a show that only has TWO sets. If they don't go off ship at least every other episode we're averaging 1 set per episode? That's going to get old quick...

Just saying... That without some serious budgeting and effects, there's only so much the living room of Destiny can do to be "interesting" over the long term. Bad dreams don't count IMO. Or things that never happened. Or medical miracles just dismissed like nothing ever happened. They are interesting distractions, but shouldn't be over 5% of the series, much less 10+%.

You can't have a bunch of space adventurers for more than 2 seasons if you don't expand past the set of the tonight show. (which probably has more gadgets on that set, than all of Destiny so far). Robot and Kino (plus remotes) as far as things of Destiny not bolted to Destiny. And a bunch of supposedly empty crates. ????? I'm all for roughing it, but I thought that the ancients were better than that? I mean look at all the gadgets they left behing in the milky way and pegasus. All SGU gets is an empty ship? Season two and we haven't found so much as a bicycle yet. Well they did pass up a seeder ship, but that's it so far.

Comment

A stargate got them there in the first place in spectacular style, ninth chevron and all that!

Inventive use of a stargate in 'Cloverdale' was enough Stargate action to stop withdrawl on two episodes in a row without Stargate action I would have thought!

Great adventures as a result of a stargate, yep, still Stargate to me!

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                    I'm grateful that SGU has more plot lines to offer than a spinning circle.
                    Excuse me ?
                    Oh, you mean the bickering between a handful of people locked into a can.
                    Yup, that sure is storyline... /sarcasm
                    Try soap opera

The spinning circle is supposed to take them to all sorts of alien planets to offer the most diverse possible settings and plot lines.

Indeed, the last seasons of SG1 and SGA also neglected the spinning circle -- no wonder their ratings tanked and they got canceled...

Comment

Originally posted by James71 View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I like SGU. But they seem to be drifting too far away from their roots. SGA and SG1 had the occasional episode with no Stargate action. But I doubt they ever went over 50% of the episodes like SGU is doing.
                      the universe is a barren dull place. sgu is a drama not exploration so what's going on inside destiny is the main story
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        the universe is a barren dull place. sgu is a drama not exploration so what's going on inside destiny is the main story
                        and more important than liberating some idiots from oppression
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          and more important than liberating some idiots from oppression
                          I think part of the problem with SGA practiclly being a carbon copy of SG1 its common to a lot of people and consider it a staple of Stargate. I don't think it is personally.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                          X