Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess we are going to get the answer to what happens when you die when connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aesjos View Post
    I'm not talking about the character's actions/reactions, I'm talking about the writers even doing this at all. Having someone that is basically a child and has had such a obviously horrific life getting killed this way pushes the boundaries for me. It really doesn't fit in with Stargate as a whole. They've gone from something that can be fun to watch and where cool and exciting things happen to one morbid, sad thing after another with absolutely no real fun or up beat anything (and totally changing topic: The more they change, the more viewership they have lost, and instead of diagnosing the problem they rush headlong into it and do it more. The writers are like alcoholics that think drinking more is going to solve their problems and they're really just driving the show into a cliff like they did with Atlantis).
    You pretty much described what SGU was intended to be. The series is targeting a different audience from SG1 fans. Atlantis was a SG1 knockoff which only had SG1 viewers who one by one dropped off. SGU is targeting a new audience.

Comment

If you up for some Spoilers then check this thread here out discussing this topic, Robert Carlyle Interview may shed some light on this topic, Video link is in the Thread......

IF YOU DONT LIKE SPOILERS DONT CLICK THE LINK!!
      sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Based on what we viewed last season in Subversion where Rush feels the affect of Telford's suffocation back on Destiny , I believe that Ginn would die as life threatening situations affect/ kill both of the individuals involved in the transfer.
        Abbas Karimjee
        www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
        The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

I think the surprise with Ginn is that she's playing Ely and actually with Simeon. Thats one twist they could throw at you.

Comment

Or the surprise could be she gets involved with Eli

N.C

Comment

Yes it'd be a surprise that an pretty alien would fall for a chubby desperate human. What does she see in him ? Most likely she is using him.

Comment

Considering she is only credited for 5 episodes so i think she is done

Comment

Two things...

1) The fact that the stones link gets broken by FTL jumps seems to suggest that, in the absence of a constant, active stone-link, the minds automatically revert to their original bodies. This would seem to imply that the consciousness always remains in the physical body, and the stones merely "stream" the consciousnesses to each other's bodies, not "download" them, to borrow the analogy. Death should sever the link, and Ginn would be dead, while Perry would have a rather sudden snap back to her wheelchair.

2) If Ginn's consciousness DOES get trapped in Perry's body, it might set up the stage for a future episode where Ginn trades bodies with Chloe and hooks back up with Eli

Comment

Prob is as mentioned, we saw in Avalon that dying one side, causes it on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
                      I think the surprise with Ginn is that she's playing Ely and actually with Simeon. Thats one twist they could throw at you.
                      Hmmm ... Fanta-Pants and T-Bag are in cahoots. That's a wicked angle I hadn't even considered. The only thing missing is that the spoilers so far indicate that Full-Monty-guy 'wants revenge' on T-Bag for whatever happened, so something bad must happen to Wheels as well.

If Fanta-Pants dies but Wheels survives, I still say Full-Monty-guy should insist that next time Wheels comes over to Destiny, she should trade places with Melons.

Comment

The plug could have been pulled on Earth's end just as the guy is killing Ginn's body, thus Mandy lives but Ginn dies and both Eli and Rush both believe that both women are dead.

Or

The brain does not die when the heart stops. That is why people can be revived by those paddles after they flatline. So even if Ginn's neck is broken and Mandy's body is flatlineing, they have a few minutes to severe the connection before Mandy ends up brain dead. It is a slim chance, but its large enough for the writer's to use it as an excuse as to how they can save Mandy and kill Ginn.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                          I'd like to point out that when Daniel and Vala were using the stones, the Ori burned her alive.

She lived. And I think the woman's body she was in died.

But it remains to be seen if the writers of SGU will pay attention to this continuity.
                          What I would use as an explanation is that in Daniel and Vala's case, the connection was one way, with them inhabiting Herod and Sallas's bodies, with the latter two simply having their consciousnesses suppressed. We still don't have a definitive answer as to what happens when one person dies during a 2 way connection. I'd assume that either they both die, or it simply ends the connection upon death of one individual.

Comment

Originally posted by ONeill4tW View Post
                            The plug could have been pulled on Earth's end just as the guy is killing Ginn's body, thus Mandy lives but Ginn dies and both Eli and Rush both believe that both women are dead.

Or

The brain does not die when the heart stops. That is why people can be revived by those paddles after they flatline. So even if Ginn's neck is broken and Mandy's body is flatlineing, they have a few minutes to severe the connection before Mandy ends up brain dead. It is a slim chance, but its large enough for the writer's to use it as an excuse as to how they can save Mandy and kill Ginn.
                            True. (epic sig BTW)

Alternatively... MAD SCIENCE might happen to them
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

This is why I love watching Space in Canada. We don't get these revealing previews that SyFy feels the need to do. However it does produce posts like this! So I'm just going to pretend I never saw this and think happy thoughts until I can watch the next episode on Friday.

Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Aesjos View Post
                                I'm not talking about the character's actions/reactions, I'm talking about the writers even doing this at all. Having someone that is basically a child and has had such a obviously horrific life getting killed this way pushes the boundaries for me. It really doesn't fit in with Stargate as a whole. They've gone from something that can be fun to watch and where cool and exciting things happen to one morbid, sad thing after another with absolutely no real fun or up beat anything (and totally changing topic: The more they change, the more viewership they have lost, and instead of diagnosing the problem they rush headlong into it and do it more. The writers are like alcoholics that think drinking more is going to solve their problems and they're really just driving the show into a cliff like they did with Atlantis).
                                Why is Perry a child how many Children do you know with PhDs. I mean just cause shes can't use her arms and legs doesn't mean shes like a child. How could she know Simeon was a murdering psycho, thats not being childlike. Its just a stupid stereotype that all disabled people do not have the same mental factillities.

Comment

Working...
                                X