Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jes View Post
    I also personally don't hate the Chloe character, not upset that she choose Matthew over Eli, and disappointed they had nothing else to develop her for than a Alien Hybrid.

You have a problem with that storyline? Considering what she was given to do in season one that's a big step up.

I am however more upset over the possible/likely loss of Ginn than anything being inflicted on Chloe.
    I'm just the opposite. I'm invested in Chloe. I however am not invested in a character who seemed to be brought on for two reasons:

1)to shoot the mean, bald LA guy in order to shut up critics who felt the the show lacked tough females
    2)to fall head over heels in a minute for Eli because the other group of critics of the show constantly whined about his lack of a love life.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
      To think TNG fans showed tougher stomachs when TPTB killed off K'Ehleyr. I suppose I was right all along that the original Stargate shows were as safe as a Saturday morning cartoon in which every situation ended up rosy. Now that I think about it SGU probably lost half its audience once we learned Eli's mom has HIV. Way to dark for this crowd.
      While your sarcasm is noted, it does however point towards the Writers/producers not understanding their audience very well. Without following much from the producers/writers it almost struck me that they watched BSG, fell head over heels with it, and then tried to make a Stargate Show in its image. It was a bold move and risky move. I will give them credit for trying it. But I don't think it was the right move, especially offing Atlantis in the process. They however seemed to have failed to capture the BSG crowd and alienated a portion existing fans by a large margin.

BTW does anyone have a link to the "Angry Atlantis fan" stuff, I would be quite interested in reading that. Thank You in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
        You have a problem with that storyline? Considering what she was given to do in season one that's a big step up.

I'm just the opposite. I'm invested in Chloe. I however am not invested in a character who seemed to be brought on for two reasons:

1)to shoot the mean, bald LA guy in order to shut up critics who felt the the show lacked tough females
        2)to fall head over heels in a minute for Eli because the other group of critics of the show constantly whined about his lack of a love life.
        On the first point, I don't really have a problem with it, aside from being disappointed with it. I would have liked them to have found something else to have done with Chloe, like her being fed up with not having much use on the ship and learning from someone to be more useful.

On the second point, I don't think of Ginn as a tough female. My referal to her as a damsel in distress a couple of pages ago reveals that. Kiva brought much more toughness IMO even if she wasn't around very long. Wish they could have kept her so she could butt heads with Young over leadership issues rather than Wray or Rush. But I assume Rhona Mitra had already signed on for "The Gates". Sigh!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
          Sarcasm is really the refuge of a weak mind. Your posts would have more merit if you considered using a spell checker once in a while.
          Flame on...
          Last edited by Azzers; 14 November 2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

From how it went down in the last scene and what I've read in the Brad Wright interview. I can only conclude that it will go down like this.

Simeon knowing he's the "only" one of the LA people giving misinformation, fears what damage Gin is doing this moment while being at earth. He decides to handle the situation quickly, so he disables his only guard (silly Greer and Young for only assigning simeon 1 guard, anyone could see he'd be trouble). So he sneaks over to Gins/Perry's room with all intention of killing her and thus killing them both, while being a grunt I am sure that Simeon's been briefed on all technology available to the Destiny Crew. And he must have been there to witness what happend with Rush (Telfords body) while Young was suffocating Telford (Rush's body).

So he kills Perry (Gin's body) which creates complications with Gin (Perry's body) but being that Perry's body has received no fatal damage, SGC is able to resesitate Perry's body and thus Gin's consciousness which is now trapped in Perry's body and to boot she's in a coma, so they can bring Gin back at a later date at the writers convenience (basing this on what Brad said in interview).

Comment

Originally posted by Cruor View Post
              Simeon knowing he's the "only" one of the LA people giving misinformation, fears what damage Gin is doing this moment while being at earth. He decides to handle the situation quickly, so he disables his only guard (silly Greer and Young for only assigning simeon 1 guard, anyone could see he'd be trouble).
              Monday morning quaterbacking.

Weeks ago people were wondering if Greer was picking on Simeon by not allowing him passage down a corridor. Some other posters even felt Simeon wasn't all that tough because they saw him get owned by TJ and felt he was scared of Greer when he didn't challenge Greer at all when the two of them were left alone. Now suddenly Simeon is this great, big threat after all.

Look I too never bought into anything other than Simeon was a pure badass. But once Young made the decision to allow the LA to leave their cells, there's only so many personnel you can have looking after one man who had yet to do anything really dangerous.

Frankly if anyone is responsible for Perry's death its Rush. If it wasn't for his unwilligness to share his secret with the Destiny crew, Perry would have never been involved in any of this in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                If this is true, I'd like to see how shallow Eli is. Would he still like Ginn?
                Originally posted by Cruor View Post
                So he kills Perry (Gin's body) which creates complications with Gin (Perry's body) but being that Perry's body has received no fatal damage, SGC is able to resesitate Perry's body and thus Gin's consciousness which is now trapped in Perry's body and to boot she's in a coma, so they can bring Gin back at a later date at the writers convenience (basing this on what Brad said in interview).
                Interestingly Enough, in this very episode Eli commented how it can be easy with the stones to forget you are in someone else's body. He seemed shaken up by Rush kissing Perry/Ginn, and I don't think he could handle if Ginn survived in Perry's body back on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes
                  Well with the ratings having dropped by 50% roughly since the early part of season 1,
                  Well, to be fair SGA also lost something like a million+ viewers from the pilot compared to the end of season 1. Pilots tend to have significantly higher ratings. Although checking the ratings I was quite suprised SGU managed to stay close to 2 million viewers for most of the first half of season 1. Then life came along... and well... we know the rest.. A 550.000 viewer drop followed that episode.

I'm just happy for the 2 season we got. SGU really managed to capture that feeling of totally alien enviroments, as opposed to the medieval village of the week in a forest, that got rather old.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                    Well, to be fair SGA also lost something like a million+ viewers from the pilot compared to the end of season 1. Pilots tend to have significantly higher ratings. Although checking the ratings I was quite suprised SGU managed to stay close to 2 million viewers for most of the first half of season 1. Then life came along... and well... we know the rest.. A 550.000 viewer drop followed that episode.

I'm just happy for the 2 season we got. SGU really managed to capture that feeling of totally alien enviroments, as opposed to the medieval village of the week in a forest, that got rather old.
                    My point on the ratings were more of where they were early in season to to the recent pluges below one million. I didn't think the snarky comment about people threating to leave then and now was on target with such a ratings drop. As a previous WOW player I am quite aware of forum posters constantly threating to quit, but in WOW's case their numbers keep rising, were SGU's isn't.

So "Life" was the low point for a lot people, me personally it was the attempted civilian coup. My interest in the show went downhill from there for the first season. The break between seasons 1 and 2 let me get interested again.

As for the medival village in the woods, it was way too over done, but the writers painted themselves into that corner. With both the System Lords and Wraith making a point not to allow Human cultures to rise to the point that they could challenge them it limited the writers options somewhat. With SGU they don't have to establish human cultures and populate them with extras and can have a 2-4 member cast in remote locations much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                      Agreed. Though having said that, we do see a lot of planets that look like the forests surrounding Greater Vancouver. Next week they go to New Mexico, sure. But it's mostly Vancouver. Keep waiting for a blooper reel to show up where shooting gets interrupted by some gravity defying North Shore MTB riders hittin' the skinnies.

In any case, the video on the front page of GateWorld, seemingly from this upcoming episode, clearly shows Fanta-Pants has suffered body-loss. As to which consciousness survives out of her or Wheels, I guess time will tell.

And as for the 50% ratings drop being somehow related to folk on these forums doing the "I'm not going to watch the show anymore" whinge, I think that's complete bunk. They're popular forums, sure. But not to the tune of more than a few thousand active members I'm guessing, and certainly not a representation of the total viewing audience of the show. I think the ratings drop is both PVR or BT related. I D/L the show and it's always the most popular download you can get for a day or so afterwards. Plus it has no ads. Even if I lived over there I'd do the same to avoid ads.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayzersoze View Post
                        Agreed. Though having said that, we do see a lot of planets that look like the forests surrounding Greater Vancouver. Next week they go to New Mexico, sure. But it's mostly Vancouver. Keep waiting for a blooper reel to show up where shooting gets interrupted by some gravity defying North Shore MTB riders hittin' the skinnies.

In any case, the video on the front page of GateWorld, seemingly from this upcoming episode, clearly shows Fanta-Pants has suffered body-loss. As to which consciousness survives out of her or Wheels, I guess time will tell.

And as for the 50% ratings drop being somehow related to folk on these forums doing the "I'm not going to watch the show anymore" whinge, I think that's complete bunk. They're popular forums, sure. But not to the tune of more than a few thousand active members I'm guessing, and certainly not a representation of the total viewing audience of the show. I think the ratings drop is both PVR or BT related. I D/L the show and it's always the most popular download you can get for a day or so afterwards. Plus it has no ads. Even if I lived over there I'd do the same to avoid ads.
                        What is PVR and BT?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                          What is PVR and BT?
                          Probably a typo for DVR and BT would be Bit Torrent. People who download the show as opposed to watch it on cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
                            Probably a typo for DVR and BT would be Bit Torrent. People who download the show as opposed to watch it on cable.
                            Not quite a typo. For some reason Digital Video Recorders are labeled here (in Australia) as Personal Video Recorders. And BitTorrenting is the fastest way to get SGU episodes when you're not in a country that (reliably) broadcasts the show you want to watch. Or if you don't care about watching it live and want to watch it with all the ads edited out. But that affects the ratings, and therefore the likelihood of the show getting continued. So all you Nth American's should watch it live. All we can do over here is buy the box sets, which I end up doing once they're reasonably priced.

Comment

Working...
                            X