Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simeon : The Last Scene.

Spoiler Alert. Moments from the Season Two trailer and theories for the rest of the season will be discussed here.

Simeon's menacing demeanor never gets old but I can't help but think he entered Gin's room with an unsuspecting Mandy inside for one thing, information.

The next episode 'Malice' has the following description:

Simeon makes his escape from Destiny, sending Nicholas Rush on a vengeful mission. But Young and Greer attempt to retrieve Simeon unharmed.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we're about to see our first communication stone death, with Amanda Perry/Gin getting caught in the crossfire. Simeon will probably attempt to retrieve information, use it to disable the ship and then make his escape.

Which will most likely bring us to the shot from the trailer, with Rush in a desert, looking down the barrel of a gun, pointing down at the camera.

It's a tragic story and I loved Gin and Mandy, but I have to hand it to the writers, it's a bold move.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Its a bold move I agree, and its one that Im pretty sure is gonna drop it from my watch list... way to kill StarGate Universe for me in typical Soap Opera fashion, guy finally gets a girl, and shes murdered! going from StarGate, to a mix of classic StarGate and Soap Opera's, and now the absolute jump to classic Soap Opera scenario...

Yep, im done...

Poor Eli, I registered just to angrily vent about it, but, i decided not to, the above is all i can bring about...

Comment

I'm thoroughly disappointed. Killing off Gin just shows the lack of imagination the writers are bringing to this next episode if that turns out to be the case. Killing off guest stars that you spend the first few episodes of a season building up, to me, always seemed frivolous, pathetic and mean to the fans who actually try and put time and care into the characters the writers create for us. If all you plan on doing is giving us a new character to kill them off in some epic way down the road then why bother at all.

Comment

imagine: Simeon vs. Eli and Rush with that old music (the cowboy music for when two people are about to duel)

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
          I'm thoroughly disappointed. Killing off Gin just shows the lack of imagination the writers are bringing to this next episode if that turns out to be the case. Killing off guest stars that you spend the first few episodes of a season building up, to me, always seemed frivolous, pathetic and mean to the fans who actually try and put time and care into the characters the writers create for us. If all you plan on doing is giving us a new character to kill them off in some epic way down the road then why bother at all.
          It does feel like a bit of a cop out, it also feels a little rushed to be honest.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

As much as I hate the fact that they are killing off both ginn and perry, I think it will be helpful for the show. This gives a great emotional development for Eli as well as rush who has been pretty much untouched from all the chaos. All of the other characters have been impacted by the invasion and the stranding in general. TJ lost her baby, chloe being infected, scott's relationship with chloe. Eli hasn't really in comparison. Having the relationship gave Eli the ability to begin to adjust to life on board destiny, but within a more pleasant reality that the others didn't have. Now with Ginn's death, it will force Eli to realize the brutality of the universe and as such grow and develop as a character.

Comment

Hey it's real life people, it's what SGU is about. People swap bodies with people across the galaxy all the time and get back in touch with an old flame only to be killed by some Space Pirate while in the body of another space pirate, it happens.
              sigpic
              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by shadowhunter483 View Post
                As much as I hate the fact that they are killing off both ginn and perry, I think it will be helpful for the show. This gives a great emotional development for Eli as well as rush who has been pretty much untouched from all the chaos. All of the other characters have been impacted by the invasion and the stranding in general. TJ lost her baby, chloe being infected, scott's relationship with chloe. Eli hasn't really in comparison. Having the relationship gave Eli the ability to begin to adjust to life on board destiny, but within a more pleasant reality that the others didn't have. Now with Ginn's death, it will force Eli to realize the brutality of the universe and as such grow and develop as a character.
                so his mothers suicide attempt, the unrequited love he had for chloe, the constant power struggles with him between rush and young... color me silly and daft i guess

Comment

*Face-Palm*

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
                    Completely agree with you. In fact I was so disappointed with it that I decided to log onto the forum again and post, something I've not done for a while. There was actually a character I wanted to know more about, see interact with others more, see what she could contribute to the mission..... Le Sigh @ SGU.

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                    It does feel like a bit of a cop out, it also feels a little rushed to be honest.
                    Feels like a huge cop out to me.

Originally posted by shadowhunter483 View Post
                    I don't think it will be helpful for the show. Eli has already been shown to be tortured with life, as have the others. His mom, his unrequited love towards chloe, his overal sadish demeanor.

If the writers just want to make a point that happy stories always end badly, then why are we bothering to keep on watching? All the writers have done is shown me not to bother investing interest in any new character.

Comment

I wonder if Gin is going to die or the'll say that the 'conciousness' of the person dies, so when they go to swap bodies back Gin survives but perry doesn't.

If it's true that both die it's pretty lame. Back to the old "Eli wants Chloe but Chloe wants matt" dynamic.

Tim

Comment

I don't think Eli is going to go back to that. Judging from this episode he got over it due to his relationship with Ginn. Now with her gone, he's going to be forced to "grow up" and realize the brutality of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                          imagine: Simeon vs. Eli and Rush with that old music (the cowboy music for when two people are about to duel)
                          The last ingredient to make the scene complete would be Justice of the Peace Rush's cowboy boots from Cloverdale.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am bummed by Ginn and Perry both dying ( most likely ), but it does create a geat emotional response with the viewer. I would've wanted both of them to survive of course, although the characters being alive and happy from beginning to end isn't as exciting. Oftenheard criticism is that characters are never in any real danger or always make it out alive. Now characters we care about will probably die.

I would have wanted them to survive, I was happy for Eli ( Gin is quite a catch ) but it is an ultimate step of being involved with the fictional characters the show created; being affected by them dying

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                              I am bummed by Ginn and Perry both dying ( most likely ), but it does create a geat emotional response with the viewer. I would've wanted both of them to survive of course, although the characters being alive and happy from beginning to end isn't as exciting. Oftenheard criticism is that characters are never in any real danger or always make it out alive. Now characters we care about will probably die.

I would have wanted them to survive, I was happy for Eli ( Gin is quite a catch ) but it is an ultimate step of being involved with the fictional characters the show created; being affected by them dying
                              One thing I would like to see is Ginn Surviving in Perry's body. That way we get to focus on Rush flying into a rage while Eli deals with the loss of someone he loves it a way that I think that is worse than her simply just dying. I don't think its a coincidence that perry was chosen for Ginn. When Wray changed bodies with her in Sabotage, we saw the mental strain that it placed on her and how it affected her relationship. Now to have Eli lose the ability to be with someone he is in love with, but not through death but with her being back on earth with no way of seeing her (as in her original body) again would be a nice emotional spiral to send him on.

Comment

Working...
                              X