Favourite Moments/Quotes/Choke Hold's from 'The Greater Good'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Choke Hold's from 'The Greater Good'

'The Greater Good', a title wonderfully summing up Rush's motives and goals since the beginning of the show.

Favourite Moments:

-Rush/Young scenes. I'm a sucker for a fight scene between these two and boy did this episode deliver. But thankfully they didn't stick with it for to long and instead allowed for the two to discuss what had been taking place all this time.

- The scene towards the very end, with the main players of the crew playing onboard the bridge while Young oversaw their work, especially Eli crossing his fingers before taking them out of hyperspace.

-Simeon. Enough said.

-Gin's sex hair while speaking with Wray about the Communication Stone protocol's, rawr.

Favourite Quotes:

Simeon : ''You better be careful with people you start to care about, you never know what you might let slip''.

Brody : ''Destiny just dropped out of FTL, twelve hours on the clock and we can't get a hold of Rush...as per usual''.

Rush : ''I want us to work together, side by side.''
    Young : ''Boy, you are ALOT of work''.
    (gotta love Young's laugh.)

Also my heart sank completely at the very last scene, Simeon entering the room to greet Dr. Perry, boy I love to hate this guy.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Volker: "New friends.... yay."

I also thought it was pretty funny when Scott came in yelling "What's happening?!?!?!.
    My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Eli sitting in the captain's chair.

Young giving the beatdown.

Rush explaining the mission.

Everyone backseat driving.

Comment

Perry's "shut up" to the backseat drivers

The final scene when Simeon goes to ginn/perry. I already got a feeling of malice from it. Can't wait for "Malice"! Poor Eli/Rush..

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post

The final scene when Simeon goes to ginn/perry. I already got a feeling of malice from it. Can't wait for "Malice"! Poor Eli/Rush..
          It will make next week's vengeance all the more satisfying.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
            It will make next week's vengeance all the more satisfying.
            I like and care for these characters ( Eli, Rush, Ginn and Perry ) so it makes the emotional impact all the bigger. What will happen is terrible, but I would not want to miss it for the world.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
              This.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                This.
                +1. I think my title this week woulda been Favourite Moments/Quotes/Perry Verbal *****slap from The Greater Good.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  +1. I think my title this week woulda been Favourite Moments/Quotes/Perry Verbal *****slap from The Greater Good.
                  Personally I think *****slaps and chokeholds are equally as awesome

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                    Personally I think *****slaps and chokeholds are equally as awesome
                    Damn straight.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

The beat down definitely. I'll think about who's right and who's wrong later - just the fact that it was the culmination of 5 episodes' worth of build up - you can feel the catharsis in the scene; the music, the all-out brawling, it all feeds into that output of emotion and stress.

Also, Rush's epic explanation of Destiny's mission. "Message from the beginning of time", "the entire length and breadth of the Universe" - you don't get stuff like this that often on Stargate (unlike, say, Doctor "Big Bang 2" Who), so when it happens - daaaaamn. I can listen to that speech for hours and hours on a continuous loop and I'd love it. Furthermore, as someone who spent a summer working on research about the Cosmic Microwave Background, it was just a thrill hearing it referenced on my favorite show - and all without dumbing it down!

SGU, you are Awesome.

Comment

Looking back, it's a toss-up:

- Opening Ginn scene - facial expressions with her and Wray were priceless.

- Anything to do with Perry. The little moment where she flexed her fingers before writing down Rush's calculations was great. The driving the ship part was fun too: "Maybe Brody should be driving-" "SHUT UP!" "Okay..."

- The Rush/Young beatdown and following conversation.

- Eli's great line, snapping at Rush over the com: "YOU'VE HAD CONTROL OF THIS SHIP THE WHOLE TIME?" I wonder if he put two and two together with Riley as fast as Young did.

- Riley mentions. Miss that guy.

- The whole thing.
                        Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 10 November 2010, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Eli getting really pissed at rush when he first entered the bridge was nice, too bad we didn't get to hear it all.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Furthermore, as someone who spent a summer working on research about the Cosmic Microwave Background, it was just a thrill hearing it referenced on my favorite show
                            Found anything?

Comment

Yes.

Douglas Adams was right. It really is 42!

Comment

Working...
                              X