No announcement yet.

"Conan" Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not what I was expecting last night....monologue and Ted Turner bit were kinda bleh.

And I wasn't expecting much fun from Jon Hamm because the only thing I've ever seen him in is Mad Men and Don Draper isn't exactly a funny guy. I'm so glad I was wrong, man was that ever a good interview

I'd never heard of Charlene Yi before so had no idea what to expect. She seems like she'd be fun to know in RL but not really a great TV personality.

The band I don't know, and I probably won't be in any hurry to listen to more of their stuff. But I was pleasantly surprised to see Tom Morello would be playing with them
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      And I wasn't expecting much fun from Jon Hamm because the only thing I've ever seen him in is Mad Men and Don Draper isn't exactly a funny guy. I'm so glad I was wrong, man was that ever a good interview
      I already knew that he could be a pretty funny guy after I saw the recent SNL episode he hosted.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I'd never heard of Charlene Yi before so had no idea what to expect. She seems like she'd be fun to know in RL but not really a great TV personality.
      sigpic

Comment

Bits like tonight's "Local News Roundup" are why I love Conan so much. So totally biting and spot-on, without being cruel--comedy gold!

Michael Cera is kind of a nice rising star... He only ever plays the same awkward social misanthrope in his movies, so I find him much funnier in interviews like this. His explanation of "Two *****es" and the "2 $hort" story were hilarious

The Julie Bowen interview was one of the funniest all week IMO, especially her giving Michael Cera a hard time what with the "I love you" story

I don't generally find John Dore all that funny. Actually I usually avoid watching his shows on Comedy because I tend to find them pretty dumb. And he had a hard act to follow, what with how funny and off-topic the Julie Bowen interview went. So he dragged it down a bit, but not everything can go perfectly!

Also: "thank you for not wearing pants" rofl
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Fellow nerds, sit up and take notice, Zachary Levi will be making an appearance on Conan! The week 3 schedule is as follows...

Monday Nov 22 -- Christina Aguilera & Zachary Levi
          Tuesday Nov 23 -- Christina Applegate, Patton Oswalt & Maroon 5
          Wednesday Nov 24 -- Eva Mendes, Bob Saget & Neon Trees
          Thursday Nov 25 -- Jim Parsons, Marisa Miller & Brendon Walsh

Comment

Uh, interesting show tonight.

Harrison Ford was clearly extremely high. I mean, you have to smoke a LOT before you get that far out of it

Rosario Dawson was great (also: drool)

And Reggie Watts, what a weird comedian/performer lol

Comment

Watching tonight's show now and Russell Brand is on...

Can someone explain this guy to me? I've never seen him before, and I can't figure him out. For one thing, he's really not that funny and I gather he's supposed to be a comedian. What? And he's married? To a woman? Katy Perry no less? How does that work? I haven't seen anyone this uh....fruity, in a long time.

Comment

Yeah his style of humor has never really appealed to me, but some people like him. Maybe he's a hit in the UK, in the US he isn't really a giant star.

Is it just me or does it seem like Conan gets to the interviews a little quicker than he used to? Interview used to start after 30 minutes now it usually seems to start about 5 minutes sooner. I'm the kind of viewer that watches the first part and then turns the tv off and goes to bed unless there is an interview I really want to see (maybe once or twice a month).
                sigpic

Comment

Not sure what everyone else thinks, but the show has really gotten back to that old "Late Night" feel and I think is going great.

I wonder how this has impacted Lopez? I had never watched his show and now I often catch the first 10-30 minutes. I wonder if others now watch and ratings have improved for his show, thus another win for Conan.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, definitely back in the groove. And I'm loving every minute of it....the newest addition, Minty, is awesome

Comment

Working...
                    X