• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6995 kHz (306)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    6995 KHZ
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306

After a radio transmission erases the memories of more than a dozen people across the East Coast, the Fringe Division finds a bizarre connection to a theory of an ancient race of people on Earth. Meanwhile, Walter grows more vocal in his opposition to Peter’s work on the doomsday device.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 March 2014, 01:40 PM.

Another awesome episode. Fringe is starting to remind me of Eureka this year: both had good starts with the occasional rough patch, but now that they finally found the balance, every recent episode is top notch all the way.

The little moments make the show all the more better, especially the Altlivia stuff: The tiny thing about her lying about loving U2 after the whole Bono conversation four episodes back, being standoffish to Walter and trying to cover it when Nina caught onto her, not knowing about Markham (Yay! Sam Weiss next? That'd be fun.)... You can kinda feel her slipping up as she goes - especially evident when she killed the shapeshifter and Peter immediately went to hug her. While it's easy to say she was putting it on and Peter overreacted by hugging her all tightly and stuff, I can't help but wonder if maybe a bit of Altlivia's human side came out and showed on her face, thus eliciting the reaction from Peter... but that may just be me trying to humanise her some more.

Not that the episode didn't do that itself - the one conversation with Peter about choosing sides was interesting - why do I get the feeling she never considered that someone could try to find a way to make both universes survive as Peter is going to try and do? It probably won't stop her from choosing her universe when the chips are down, and again, I may be overthinking it, but hey - it's what I do, and you never know with this crazy ol' show.

The First People plot was well-handled. We've already seen some alien tech on the show (The drone, the pulse weapon thingie, the doomsday machine) and the Observers themselves could be some kinda remnant from those First Folk or creations that require lots of black pepper to function. Robots, time-keepers... Sometimes susceptible to human emotion as August was, but robots nonetheless? Who knows by this point. I bet they're related though. I'm very much looking forward to knowing how - I've even heard on the grapevine we're getting a big Observer episode soon... WOO!

Onto other matters: Good to see Astrid get some more prominence. It was kinda nice how Walter got her that sandwich... Just a small gesture that involved food. Classic Walter. The Peter as Sherlock and Astrid as Watson thing was fun too. Good ol' high Walter. Speaking of, the Walter/Nina scene was fantastic - maybe I just wanted to see more Nina and got what I wanted, or maybe it was because their history is kinda vague, but it was still fun to watch.

The scene at the end capped the episode off beautifully. Olivia's coming home, kids. Olivia's coming home... and let's just hope she gets there in time to prevent Altlivia's Phase Two or something. I hope there's a lot of shooting involved. It'll be fun!

Oh, and Seamus, the author of that book? The kids at TWOP Forums are joking that Seamus = Sam Weiss. Twenty bucks that's true somehow. Dude's been on my radar since the second season finale mentioned "Don't Trust Sam Weiss"...
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The First People

- An advanced civilization: possessing great intelligence & Technology
      - Discovered the "Vacuum(s)" Light & Dark (Think White Lodge/Black Lodge ie Twin Peaks)

- The 1st people crossed over to Earth-2 and hid one vacuum there while the other stayed on Earth-1 hidden and disassembled

- Both worlds carried a dormant gene from the 1st people that is present in the children that Walter & Bell experimented on as well as Peter (Earth-1 + Earth-2) were the only 2 who can operate the Vacuum

- The Observers are a probable creation of the 1st people meant to be like (Uatu The Watcher) to observe the universes history but never enterfer. When Earth-1's Peter died the observers on Earth-2 took action to make sure that that worlds Peter lived.

Comment

Seriously, Fringe is starting to overthrown my all time favourite show Lost... it is so awesome and I love this whole lovecraftian ancient people plot. I hope we see more of their tech... All the characters are awesome still Astrid is being left at the side, but the little interactions between her and walter are always beautiful. Somehow walternate is planing that our side finds all the parts of the ancient techs but I did not found out why.. so maybe it destroys their universe? what if the ancient people created this whole other alternate universe. who knows? are the observers one of the ancient people who left earth or from another timeline? questions over questions... I hope they can manage to solve this good. I have a bad feeling about Peter.. hope nothing happens to him. Olivianate is still hot as ever
        sigpic

Comment

This show just continues to get better and better. What a reveal about The First People. I hope we learn more.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i love how in the same week fringe and sgu launch into a big story about the origins of life and all that exciting stuff

Comment

Another great Fringe episode this season. Ok, the other seasons were good but now it's incredible. I think I love everything about it. I think the episode plot was pretty cool and it turned to be central to the show mythology.

Again the acting by Anna Torv is top notch. I can't believe she's the same actress of the other season since she's doing such a good job at nuancing her performance. She got range. I love to see her dying inside everytime somebody mention how different she is now. Or that split second anxiety in her eyes (and then somewhat struggle) when Peter ask her to recitate the numbers from the radio broadcast. This week Astrid was on the forefront. This season in general they develop her relation with Walter much more. It's cool and not too much also. It's also great to see the development of the relation with Walter and Nina. Those 2 goes way back and now with Walter being the owner of Massive Dynamic we will probably see much more of her.

The dialogues were again solid. Every characters had their own motivations. And the plot moving along splendidly mixing between the episode storylines, overall mythology and character arcs with ease. I find it episode story pretty cool with the small group of initiate trying to decipher the code. Chatting on the internet.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Oh, and Seamus, the author of that book? The kids at TWOP Forums are joking that Seamus = Sam Weiss. Twenty bucks that's true somehow. Dude's been on my radar since the second season finale mentioned "Don't Trust Sam Weiss"...
              Good catch by the people on the TWOP forum. There's something there I think.

The first people make me thinks about the Observers. Maybe the Observers are the small remnants from the first people. They look human and different at the same. They may be the people ultimately responsible for having rendered those 2 parallel universe much closer. I know the actor doing Peter said they wouldn't not do the multiple universes war or something like that as far as he knows, but maybe the first people are much more alive and striving in another parallel earth and that is where the Observers are from.

Now I can't wait for my next Fringe fix and knows what is going to happens to our Olivia now that she got no use for Walternate.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Love the addition of a mythos to it and historical/archeological aspect to it. This is just great. Wonder what's going to happen with Olivia, how she's going to escape.

Comment

Indeed this show just gets better and better If we can just get Olivia back where she belongs and Altivia converted, killed, captured or sent back then everything will be gravy.

I immediately thought of the Observers when the ancient race was mentioned too but who knows, this series has already proven its capacity to choose the unexpected several times as well as sometimes being predictable (Mr Secretary = Walternate) so it just keeps you guessing.
                  "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

One of the best moment and quote of the episode is when Walter tell the girl who got her brain erased: "The human brain is a miracle. A most resilient organ. A storage unit for everything you have ever known, seen, or felt. It's all still in there, whether or not you're conscious of that.". I think it was one of the most kind and powerful thing a man of science could tell to that woman who felt extreme anguish about her amnesia and not knowing if she'll ever be herself anymore. It was also nice than in the next scene Walter tell Altlivia that he knows what she's going through because he lived it. The dialogues are incredible this year.

As for the device they are building. Being an SGA fans, I think it's a vacuum machine created by the first people. This vacuum machine take the power from one universe to transfer it to another universe. Maybe the first people didn't know what they were doing at first and they thought they were creating energy out of a vacuum, not destroying a parallel universe. The mission of Altlivia is being close to Peter so when he'll activate the machine so she can push the button to insure that the machine is taking the power from our universe to theirs. Thus destroying our universe.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The writing this season has definitely been top-notch. This episode was another great example of that.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow...yeah again...another excellent episode of Fringe! I liked learning about the first people.
                        sigpic

Comment

That was a great episode, I really enjoy the "First people" touch to Fringe's mythology ^^
                          sigpic

Comment

Is it my imagination or does Nina suspect something about Olivia?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Is it my imagination or does Nina suspect something about Olivia?
                              I got that too...because Atlivia is acting different than Olivia.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X