• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hollow Men (310)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    THE HOLLOW MEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310

Magnus and her team attempt to penetrate Hollow Earth in search of her father and a cure for her illness, and find an advanced civilization that is less than welcoming of outsiders. Back at the Sanctuary, Tesla and Druitt work with Adam to find an alternate way into the city.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:04 PM.

quite the cliffie. we end with our heroes all dead. Eek

so, how'll it end up?

my money is on

Spoiler:
    helen's dad, who's working for the super abbies will saw, will orchestrate their salvation. the reason will be two fold. stop adam, who's infiltrated, and save the city, which is dying. I think the earthquakes means that the city is doomed and will soon be destroyed

anyone else get a kick outta praxis? very funny, damian's trek is showing.

the episode was pretty well paced if it was kinda all set up for the second part. we have at least 4 distinct groups here....farmers barred from the city, the city dwellers, the monks and the creepies. and they all seem to be operating for their own motives.

I think my biggest crit...dude, polly walker's costume sooo was not flattering.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I kept getting flashbacks to SG1, Beneath the Surface, in various places of this episode.

And while Tesla may be angry at being left behind, it's a good thing actually given Adam's betrayal - like anybody thought that wouldn't happen. I couldn't help but tsk, tsk over John actually going along with Adam's plan.

I also had the feeling that the group watching the execution were holograms and not real people. And I'm sort of wondering about Polly's character, too. It seemed as though she literally wasn't hearing anything Helen and her group were saying to her - a hologram would behave that way. Just a thought.

And I thought Polly's outfit was pretty bad, too.

Comment

Certainly an interesting way to do a mid-season finale. Dead main cast will draw viewers for the inevitable revival.

Comment

Agreed! Her outfit was Horrible!

I love and HATE this episode!
          sigpic

Comment

Okay I'm a little better now.. Though OMG I'm sure we all REALLYYY wanna know what happens! Darn it!! I hope we don't have to wait too long to see the next ep

Btw..
            Spoiler:
            I LOVED what Nikola said! SON.OF.A.B****
            sigpic
            My tumblr

Comment

Best line?

SON OF A B*TCH! Oh, Tesla...

Cliffhanger? Meh. Knowing there's another 10 eps in the can, I doubt the heroes are dead.

Must rewatch in the morning. Hard to be coherent after before watching.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Best line?

SON OF A B*TCH! Oh, Tesla...

Cliffhanger? Meh. Knowing there's another 10 eps in the can, I doubt the heroes are dead.

Must rewatch in the morning. Hard to be coherent after before watching.
                Did you notice Helen is wearing those boots you like? Or, at least, a pair similar.

Comment

*roaming around house repeating* "I hate this type of episode... all leading to a future episode some time in the unknown bloody future" All the beauty of the special effects for the city where spoiled for me since I kept repeating."They are not going to answer anything tonight" "Bloody Hell!"

Comment

I was using Spaceball lines, and unlike most S9/S10 SG-1 eps, they were used in a good way.

Many great lines, after I watch it again, I'll review more.

And yes, Polly Walker's character was in a VERY unflattering dress.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Did you notice Helen is wearing those boots you like? Or, at least, a pair similar.
                      Helen always wears the best clothes and such I want alot of her clothes. LOL
                      sigpic
                      My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I did! I even tweeted about it! I want those boots. Alas, $1000 is a bit steep for a pair of shoes, even for me. Tho if they came up for auction for S4K, I'd consider it. Except I'm pretty sure they'd be a few sizes too big.

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                        *roaming around house repeating* "I hate this type of episode... all leading to a future episode some time in the unknown bloody future" All the beauty of the special effects for the city where spoiled for me since I kept repeating."They are not going to answer anything tonight" "Bloody Hell!"
                        I still think that is a key phrase in any Sanctuary drinking game. Along with, "Good God."
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          I did! I even tweeted about it! I want those boots. Alas, $1000 is a bit steep for a pair of shoes, even for me. Tho if they came up for auction for S4K, I'd consider it. Except I'm pretty sure they'd be a few sizes too big.
                          NO! I WANT those boots! LOL *grabs them and runs* HAHA!
                          sigpic
                          My tumblr

Comment

*roaming around house repeating* "I hate this type of episode... all leading to a future episode some time in the unknown bloody future" All the beauty of the special effects for the city where spoiled for me since I kept repeating."They are not going to answer anything tonight" "Bloody Hell!

Have to agree, they didn't answer anything, and there wasn't enough character interaction. The acting and the character's are this show's strength, not the special effects. In tonight's episode they seemed to be sacrificing character interaction for things like CGI holographic dragons. Most of us are watching this show for the characters, and not to see what they can accomplish on a green screen.

Comment

It's going to be an annoyingly long wait to see how the writers get our heroes out of this one.

Is it me or did the stunner used on Kate and Henry look like the point of origin for the planet in SG-1's the Gamekeeper?
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                              X