• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vigilante (309)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    VIGILANTE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 309

With new intel from Adam, Helen and John strike out in search of the key to the hidden city. Will receives a visit from an F.B.I. acquaintance looking for help on a case, pointing to a serial killer using Abnormal beetles as his weapon of choice.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:04 PM.

Pretty good eps

Lots of set up. so might seem boring cause of that. but the fr jensen/fr clark is settled, will has a new friend/complication???
    poor biggie, lovely biggie/kate moment

next week....yay for polly walker and it's Hollow Earth time
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yay for Vigilante!

I totally squeed when John fell into the hole and Helen fell on top of him. And when they watched the sunset together. He was so caring! He still loves her!

And either I'm seeing things, or that FBI chick looks a lot like Topanga from.... I can't remember the show! Gah! And I nearly lost it when Nikola was playing with the buttons on her shirt! "You're welcome" LOL!

My inner shipper is still squeeing!
      sigpic

Comment

And either I'm seeing things, or that FBI chick looks a lot like Topanga from.... I can't remember the show! Gah! And I nearly lost it when Nikola was playing with the buttons on her shirt! "You're welcome" LOL!
        Boy Meets World, need to IMDB it to see if it was the same actress!

Comment

Very entertaining episode tonight.

The main thing I wanted to see was Will and the others show Helen they're main reason for wanting to use Adam to find the city is for Helen's survival. I liked when Will went at Adam when he wasn't being serious, and how John asked Adam to give him a reason to hurt or kill him. I loved the Helen and John scenes, especially the one with them on the rock, and when they both fall into the canyon and started laughing. I liked the scene when John had the library dude hanging from the bell tower, and how he was teasing him. One thing I really liked was when John saw Helen taking her meds, and you could tell her was worried about her, and even though the fight was really short, it was sweet. I like then the 2 of them are a team, it's something special. Overall there story was really good, and I hope to see more of them together.

As for the B story, I liked it, I think Will taking over the Sanctuary and seeing how hard it is to do the job gave him a much greater appreciation for Helen, and how hard it must be to do what she does. I'm glad we got to see some more Biggie story, and him bond a bit with Kate. And man, I'm glad that evil priest dude is done for, he was bad. The effects this season have been really good, this episode was a good example of it.

Just some little things I liked, I liked Tesla's interaction with the female cop, and how he just told her his real name, and how he tried to unbutton her shirt. He wouldn't DARE try that with Helen. I also liked the twitter joke, I thought of Amanda right away. Oh, and we now know Helen can speak yet another language. I'll review more in my replies.

Comment

Random thoughts:

I agree with Sky, lots of set up. Probably why I prefered the last two episodes to this one, but it was still REALLY good! It's just if we compared them...

Loved how there were many things going on in that episode. It's a change from the last two that I enjoyed. Breach and FK&C gave us only 'one' story.

I thought that the Father Clark arc would be a more important. Definitly not what I had in mind. BUT I LOVED IT. And the Biggie/Kate scene at the end was really touching. A great moment. Have to watch it again.

And you know, those scenes between Helen & John, especially the ones in Mongolia, were a great continuation from what we saw last week. Over all, I'm just glad they didn't drop it.

Magnus and Tesla have less interactions. Kind of sad. Probably because under the circumstances, their usual banter woudln't fit. Idk... o.ô

Told ya it was random.
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Magic_Amethyst80 View Post
              Boy Meets World, need to IMDB it to see if it was the same actress!
              According to the credits, her name is Pascale Hutton. She played the first officer on the Aurora (ancient warship) on SGA, who turned out to be a wraith disguising itself as the first officer. I knew she looked familiar, but had to look up the name to find out.

Danielle Fishel played Topanga on "Boy Meets World". I looked that up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Pretty good eps

Lots of set up. so might seem boring cause of that. but the fr jensen/fr clark is settled, will has a new friend/complication???
                poor biggie, lovely biggie/kate moment

next week....yay for polly walker and it's Hollow Earth time
                The continuation of the Underground city arc was a bit sparce for me but I did enjoy the other story as a very good stand alone episode. So in the end I was a little torn between wanting to see more of Helen/John and watching the wonderful interaction between the big guy and Kate. Didn't care for the new person with Will much and I'm a little skeptical about her motives. We will see.

Comment

Yay. All I have to say.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    Random thoughts:

I agree with Sky, lots of set up. Probably why I prefered the last two episodes to this one, but it was still REALLY good! It's just if we compared them...

Loved how there were many things going on in that episode. It's a change from the last two that I enjoyed. Breach and FK&C gave us only 'one' story.

I thought that the Father Clark arc would be a more important. Definitly not what I had in mind. BUT I LOVED IT. And the Biggie/Kate scene at the end was really touching. A great moment. Have to watch it again.

And you know, those scenes between Helen & John, especially the ones in Mongolia, were a great continuation from what we saw last week. Over all, I'm just glad they didn't drop it.

Magnus and Tesla have less interactions. Kind of sad. Probably because under the circumstances, their usual banter woudln't fit. Idk... o.ô

Told ya it was random.
                    I like that the last few episodes have given us a lot of story, and I can't wait to see what it all leads up to. As soon as I heard "Mongolia", I thought Emancipation and Sam.

It makes sense for Helen to have a little less interaction with Tesla she had a lot with him in ToB and Animus, so I think it was time for a little Helen and John time.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      According to the credits, her name is Pascale Hutton. She played the first officer on the Aurora (ancient warship) on SGA, who turned out to be a wraith disguising itself as the first officer. I knew she looked familiar, but had to look up the name to find out.
                      That's why she looked familiar! Hehe, thanks.

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                      The continuation of the Underground city arc was a bit sparce for me but I did enjoy the other story as a very good stand alone episode. So in the end I was a little torn between wanting to see more of Helen/John and watching the wonderful interaction between the big guy and Kate. Didn't care for the new person with Will much and I'm a little skeptical about her motives. We will see.
                      That's what I like about it - the fact that it wasn't only about the city. Sure, I enjoy the story arc it brings to the show, but I was never one for a show where every episode follows the preceeding one. I don't mind when it happens sometimes, when you do a call back to an episode that happened a year before, but I don't like it when it's like every episode. (Don't know if I make sense... o.ô) So, I was happy to have a B plot in this week's ep.

But it's just MHO.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        That's why she looked familiar! Hehe, thanks.

That's what I like about it - the fact that it wasn't only about the city. Sure, I enjoy the story arc it brings to the show, but I was never one for a show where every episode follows the preceeding one. I don't mind when it happens sometimes, when you do a call back to an episode that happened a year before, but I don't like it when it's like every episode. (Don't know if I make sense... o.ô) So, I was happy to have a B plot in this week's ep.

But it's just MHO.
                        You make total sense. I look back at my favorite episodes of shows like this and the X-Files and most often the episodes that stand out in my mind are the B story ones. The vampires, the carnival, the slimmy guy that traveled through the sewers.... *grossss*. But it is the main arc of a show that excites me from week to week. Bits of both are perfect entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          I like that the last few episodes have given us a lot of story, and I can't wait to see what it all leads up to. As soon as I heard "Mongolia", I thought Emancipation and Sam.
                          I'm kind of afraid of a big cliffhanger for next week. I don't want the Christmas break to come.
                          But you're right at the same time. I really want to know where all of this will go!

It makes sense for Helen to have a little less interaction with Tesla she had a lot with him in ToB and Animus, so I think it was time for a little Helen and John time.
                          Well, you won't hear me complaining if Helen & John have more screen time together. But I was just pointing out something...
                          sigpic

Comment

Pretty good episode, felt a bit disjointed between the two storylines, but I did like that they brought Father Jensen back and resolved that storyline. Absolutely lovely stuff from Bigfoot and that last Kate and Bigfoot scene was very nicely done. I really like that they've switched up the pairings a bit this season, lots more of Kate and Bigfoot together as well as Will and Henry working together.

Will trying to run the Sanctuary was fun, though Helen still pretty much kept her autonomy in tracking down the keystone. The FBI agent seems rather suspicious (she has access to top secret data even Helen doesn't?) but I can see why Will seems a bit taken with her, she's almost exactly where he was before he joined the Sanctuary. I wonder if, now that he's the boss, he'll let her in on the Sanctuary secret.

The Helen and Druitt storyline felt rather by the numbers, though the character beats between them in that field and on top of that building in Hong Kong were quite nice, though Druitt seems a bit too in control considering how we last saw him.

We finally get to see Hollow Earth next week and yay for Polly Walker! I just hope we don't have to wait too long for the 2nd half of the season.

sigpic

Comment

So Henry has a girlfriend now (the girl lycen from "Animus"). And it looks like Will just might have a girlfriend.

What I want to know is when is Biggie going to find a girlfriend, and when is Kate going to find a boyfriend?

And, also, since when has the Sanctuary started giving tours to people they've just met, just because they ask for a tour? Or, at least, suggested a tour at some later point in time?

Comment

Working...
                              X