• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For King & Country (308)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    FOR KING & COUNTRY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 308

Helen brings her old "friend" Adam Worth back to the Sanctuary to try and heal him, revealing to Will his place in the history of the Five. Meanwhile, Helen goes in search of Druitt, and Will makes a disturbing discovery about his mentor.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:04 PM.

Now this was definitely one of the better episodes.

But I wonder how many more times Magnus is going to be removed from her position before the end of the season.

So which way will Will swing? For her or against her? Was Tesla being entirely selfish? Or was he simply trying to be cautious?

And what lies below the Sanctuary?

And does Adam really know the location of that city?

And is Adam fully responsible for Magnus' condition?

Comment

I need to watch this again in the morning before I can fully comment, but there were so many moments I loved.

I don't ship anyone in this series, but the moment when Magnus wrapped herself in John's arms and went to sleep kinda made me feel happy-sad and squishy.

I also definitely got a Magnus-Watson-Druitt love triangle vibe during that scene on the Thames in Edwardian times.

My favorite line of the night was spoken by Adam: "Who said you could work with men? You're a child." Brilliant. It's actually how I feel about Will most of the time, though I thought RD did an impressive job this week.

Looking forward to reading everyone else's opinion. And rewatching!
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

MAD SQUEE OF MAGNETT EPICNESS!

The whole crawling into his arms and wrapping them around her to sleep just screamed 'I still love you, even if you broke my heart'. I have to agree on the squishyness feeling upon seeing her do that. And I'm pretty sure he was stroking her side when she woke up... I will totally scrutinize that scene again when I download it.

Proud Magnett shipper here!

I am soooo bowing down to the awesomeness that is team MAD (and maybe Chris, because hey, I adore him!)

This whole episode was great! It was wicked awesome to see James again! I hope we get to see more of him in the future... well, in the past. Gotta love flash backs!

Personal opinion: I think Adam is a little bit in love with Helen and that's why he blamed her for everthing. He needed an excuse to hate her for both refusing to let him into the five (6) and for his daughters death, even though she did everything she could to save her.

It's obvious because of the preview that Will chooses to let Adam look at the map. I just hope Helen can forgive him when they find Ashley in the city. Syfy deaths and all that jazz. (Or possibly wishful thinking, but hey, I can dream until the conclusion can't I?)

YAY!

I LOVE this show!
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, quite an episode. Personally, I liked Breach a lot more, but this one had a lot more facts and back story, and I think it was a very good continuation from Breach. Breach had a lot of action, and FKaC had a lot of info, so I think it works well.

It started off fast, with Helen wanting to save his life, and I liked how Tesla established Adam as Jekyll and Hyde. I find it admirable that Helen wants to save him, considering all he did, especially after this episode, he's even crazier than I thought , I thought it was nice of Will wanting to assist Helen in the operation I liked Helen's comment to Will about her being 159, it made me grin. One thing I wanted to see was after Will told Helen "she got the snot kicked out of her" I wanted her to tell him "yeah, well I still won." I like Helen and the teams interactions with Adam, and how he called Will that name, I don't know what it was. I liked Will going to him trying to get answers, and near the end when he was mad for doing this to Helen. Oh, and I loved Tesla and Henry and saying "cool together.

We sure learned quite a bit about Helen and the Five, and how they came to be, I was a little surprised that they took the job to track down Adam, but if they didn't many people would have died because of his plan to release that stuff in the air or something. Even though Helen and Will had a small argument, I still found it intense, and I hope they never argue again. I loved Helen's move on getting the gun, it was like Smallville stuff right there. One moment that I enjoyed seeing was Helen and John, and how she laid down with him.

I found the look about at their pasts very cool, and Amanda was right, it didn't feel like Syfy, it kinda felt like Murdoch Mysteries or another show like that. I think we learned a lot about them in this episode, how they came to be, and it answered a lot of questions from last week. Finding out Helen is sick, and the ending was shocking, and I can't wait until next week to find out what happens. Again, I'll talk more in my replies.

Btw, where was Kate?

Comment

Maybe Kate was on a mission. Biggie wasn't there either.

Too sleepy to review. later.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              I need to watch this again in the morning before I can fully comment, but there were so many moments I loved.

I don't ship anyone in this series, but the moment when Magnus wrapped herself in John's arms and went to sleep kinda made me feel happy-sad and squishy.

I also definitely got a Magnus-Watson-Druitt love triangle vibe during that scene on the Thames in Edwardian times.

My favorite line of the night was spoken by Adam: "Who said you could work with men? You're a child." Brilliant. It's actually how I feel about Will most of the time, though I thought RD did an impressive job this week.

Looking forward to reading everyone else's opinion. And rewatching!
              Hey MoB - it is so cool I can talk to someone about this. Unfair the UK has to wait....now with that said:

I agree, it was a real heart pounder to see Helen wrap Johns arms around her as she quietly allowed them both to rest. For just a short moment it was like it was in the beginning for Helen. Really super.

As for the "triangle" - I think that all the men had a thing for Helen. But perhaps next to John, Watson also loved her (with purity of heart, of course)!

I also loved how you thought one story was true (through the eyes of Adam) only to find out the real truth - like trying to save Adam's daughter or how he was shot and died. See, Helen couldn't kill him....he jumped!

Also Adam was a very bad man - going to poison the British population because he can.... Shame on him. And now I see where the title comes in and why they have the support of the British government now! Very interesting!
              The last two episodes were WOWS. That's all I can say on it! I hope the series goes on for many, many for seasons!
              Last edited by llp; 03 December 2010, 08:00 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Adam was going to poison the city's water. There was cyanide in the machine.
                I also think Adam killed his own daughter to get the source blood. Or hyde did at least.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post

But I wonder how many more times Magnus is going to be removed from her position before the end of the season.

So which way will Will swing? For her or against her? Was Tesla being entirely selfish? Or was he simply trying to be cautious?

And what lies below the Sanctuary?

And does Adam really know the location of that city?

And is Adam fully responsible for Magnus' condition?
                  Breach is still my fave.

It wasn't said she would lose her position, just that she's sick, and Will being the 2IC should take over for now. Personally, I hope he doesn't, and still let Helen run things.

I don't know, dirt?

Maybe he does, I mean if he expected to kill Helen in Breach by using the rift technology, he would have to have had a cure for himself afterwards.

I believe he is, it was made clear going through the rift could kill you, and since he went through so many times, he should die faster than Helen.

Originally posted by Emengee View Post
                  Hehe, someone liked it.

The whole crawling into his arms and wrapping them around her to sleep just screamed 'I still love you, even if you broke my heart'. I have to agree on the squishyness feeling upon seeing her do that. And I'm pretty sure he was stroking her side when she woke up... I will totally scrutinize that scene again when I download it.
                  wow, very good interpretation of that scene. I thought it was sweet of her to lay down next to him, and I'm glad he's still in her heart.

What?

I am soooo bowing down to the awesomeness that is team MAD (and maybe Chris, because hey, I adore him!)

This whole episode was great! It was wicked awesome to see James again! I hope we get to see more of him in the future... well, in the past. Gotta love flash backs!
                  Go Sanctuary.

Personal opinion: I think Adam is a little bit in love with Helen and that's why he blamed her for everything. He needed an excuse to hate her for both refusing to let him into the five (6) and for his daughters death, even though she did everything she could to save her.
                  When a man loves a woman, he doesn't trap her in a building, beat her, try to kill her, and poison her. Maybe Adam does have something for Helen, but I don't think his dark side does.

At least Helen and Watson did try to save his daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Emengee View Post

YAY!

I LOVE this show!

SWEET SHIPPER NIRVANA!!!!!

*Stands with Em* Proud Magnett supporter.

I loved the entire episode. Gonna have to watch it again before I can make a full review...w ell ok... not true. My brain is still reeling from Helen once again being back in John's ARMS!! that was EPIC and heartwarming. It showed that she still deeply loves him! He ruined her life and she can still feel great love for him!! It was awesome!!

DAMN.... THIS EPISODE WAS FRAKKING SWEET!!

Makes ke love this show all the more!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I really loved all the back story on the Five!! It also was really great to see Peter Wingfield back in action.
                      Helen being sick could be what forces Will's hand into showing Adam the map. Will wasn't very happy with Adam when he confronted him towards the end. I could almost see him telling Adam if he lets Helen die, he would lock him in a room with John.

Forgot to mention, It was interesting to learn the crown pretty much blackmailed them into going after Adam.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

So much things going in my head right now, I'm going to try to make sense of it all. Thoughts won't be in order, be warned. ;P

First, this episode was awesome. My personnal favourite so far, really close to Trail of Blood and Breach.

On Will saying (paraphrasing, of course), "This entire thing was built on the blood of a dead man."
                        If you've listened to the episode's promo, I was led to believe that the 'thing' Will was talking about what the city. (I hope I wasn't the only one?) I must admit, I was surprised and hadn't really made the link myself before he actually blurted it out in front of Magnus. Btw, I though this entire exchange was one of the high points of the episode. It was believable and true. I liked Will remembering Helen about the "no secrets" clause of his 'contract'.
                        And it answers one of the Tapping Tuesday question. AT was asked where the fundings for the Sanctuary network came from. Her answer was something along the lines of 'stay tuned.' Well, I guess we just found out.

Talk about unethical decisions.

Great idea for a show like this. IMHO.

I really dislike Adam. In a good way, mind you. I like the fact that I don't like him. (If that makes sense. ;P) I liked his interactions with the Sanctuary team, but I guess I would have wanted him to interact more with Tesla or Druitt. Perhaps in future eps?

And you know... *sighs happily* Helen settling in Druitt's arms was really heartfelt. It was full on emotions and I wouldn't no exactly which ones. I'd say something along love, regret, pain, sadness, anger... Nice mix. ;P
                        For me, it just felt right and it was simply a beautiful moment to watch. And if not for the ship, take it as a moment where Helen attempts to reconcile with her past.

Oh! Another thing I adored about the episode. The alternance between past and present was absolutely enjoyable! It really flowed together and I found out that I really missed seeing those flashbacks. (There weren't that much - or not at all? - in season 2.) I now have an healthy dose to go on for a couple of weeks.

One last thing for this post (I'll go and read what others posted after!)... I SO TOTALLY predicted one of the things that happened. I told Idon'trememberwhoexactly that 'for all we know, Druitt asked Tesla not to tell Magnus'. I couldn't have been more right. I thought it was a nice touch to add. 'Cause we haven't Tesla and Druitt as best friends so far, but they did work together in The Five. So, I find it refreshing to see John going to him for help.

Told you my thoughts weren't organized. I just threw everything here. ;P

Over all, AHHHH. I LOVED IT!
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Hey MoB - it is so cool I can talk to someone about this. Unfair the UK has to wait....now with that said:

I also loved how you thought one story was true (through the eyes of Adam) only to find out the real truth - like trying to save Adam's daughter or how he was shot and died. See, Helen couldn't kill him....he jumped!

Also Adam was a very bad man - going to poison the British population because he can.... Shame on him. And now I see where the title comes in and why they have the support of the British government now! Very interesting!
                          The last two episodes were WOWS. That's all I can say on it! I hope the series goes on for many, many for seasons!
                          Canada gets it first I believe. I think this episode showed that Helen did try to save his daughter, and he jumped on his own, and Helen didn't kill him. But he did have it coming, he did try to kill many people with cyanide, so he was/is the bad guy, and didn't leave them a choice. I think had Helen and the others not agree to stop Adam, he would have succeed in his plan and killed all those people.

Now the title makes sense to me, and I hope the show goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

Forgot to mention, It was interesting to learn the crown pretty much blackmailed them into going after Adam.

That was awesome! I so can;t wait to see this again!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post

You're right. One has to wonder. I thought to exact same thing. But you know, I guess it's different this time? o.ô

Honnestly, I don't really mind. I just ask myself why Nikola brought that to attention?
                              Perhaps since he knew Magnus didn't want to show Adam the map, he thought someone else who doesn't want Magnus dead should make the decision.
                              But knowing Tesla, I'm pretty sure he ALSO has a selfish reason for doing it. (Read here: I believe he wants to help Helen, but maybe help himself also?)

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              I'd gotten that exact same vibe back in Revelations at the end of season 1. Honnestly, I'm one who believes that every member of The Five had something for Helen. (I guess that makes for a love pentagon. ) Come on, she was probably the only woman scientist they knew. She was beautiful and didn't quite conform to the standards of society. How could men like Tesla, Watson and Griffin not find her interesting? But, at last, she chose Druitt.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              Btw, where was Kate?
                              I was watching it with my dad. (He hasn't seen season 1 and 2, but watching the third one with me so far.) I stopped to gave him an explanation that included Kate and that's when I realised she wasn't there. I hadn't notice before...

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              YES! You're absolutely right.
                              I was kind of shocked, but it really together very well. And I thought it wise that we got to see The Five at different stages. For instance, I've always believe that Helen and John never saw eachother post-Ripper, but I guess I was wrong.
                              Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 03 December 2010, 09:22 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                              X