Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the bone saw?SPOILERS

Spoiler:
    Where Rush asked for the bone saw I was amazed. Why not just use the gate to amputate the arm. Activate the gate, put his arm in, close gate. The sick arm won't pop up on the other side, and his wound would get cauterized. This goes back to ep 3 of SG-1. WTF!? They only put the saw part in to show his blood being infected. I would understand if TJ had been the one to request the saw, she isn't a gate expert, but Rush is!! Liked the ep, but this is just poor writing on their part. Are the writers even fans? Do they watch the show? Everyone I was watching with, 6 people, all came to the same result without talking about it. We were all confused by the bone saw request.
    sigpicSGU PARTY AT MY PLACE!!

Episode 3 of SG-1, wow, I can't believe they've forgotten about that. That episode aired just 12 years ago!
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

might have been to expensive to do that
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Because then they couldnt have noticed that it was in his blood system without him losing his arm already, silly
        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
        ---
        sigpic

Comment

something tells me that the unstable vortex is not so precise and they could have risked chopping off more than they wanted

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            something tells me that the unstable vortex is not so precise and they could have risked chopping off more than they wanted
            Best answer!

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
              Because then they couldnt have noticed that it was in his blood system without him losing his arm already, silly
              Pointed that out in my first post. Could have just had him get cut, no excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                plus we don't want scott to lose his arm
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                  Episode 3 of SG-1, wow, I can't believe they've forgotten about that. That episode aired just 12 years ago!
                  If you wish to insult my good memory and ample dvd collection thats fine. You still know i'm right.

Comment

The situation raises a number of problems. One, he's unconscious, so you would have to support his arm somehow. Two, if it has spread to his blood, then you've amputated his arm for nothing. Three, he would certainly not be fine having his arm amputated that way, though admittedly it'd be a lot more efficient. Finally, though it's simple enough to tell how the burst will form, one slip-up and half of Scott is suddenly missing.

Comment

From Air, we learn that sticking an arm in the puddle isn't going to cut it off and that Destiny apparently has some sort of safety feature that won't close the wormhole in that way. Given that destiny predates the others, I'd say that, storywise, the arms gets cut off scenario might work later on but not for Destiny era gates.
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        From Air, we learn that sticking an arm in the puddle isn't going to cut it off and that Destiny apparently has some sort of safety feature that won't close the wormhole in that way. Given that destiny predates the others, I'd say that, storywise, the arms gets cut off scenario might work later on but not for Destiny era gates.
                        He's speaking of the kawoosh, which vaporized the plant tentacle near the end.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          No, the OP is not:
                          Where Rush asked for the bone saw I was amazed. Why not just use the gate to amputate the arm. Activate the gate, put his arm in, close gate.
                          Although, using the kawhoosh to shatter an arm seems like a bit much
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                            No hes speaking about putting his arm in the gate then shutting it down. Air was different, the gate momentarily held open while Eli had his hand in the event horizon, even at that the ship was aching and groaning and would have no doubt shut down the gate at any moment. The whole idea of sticking his arm in the gate anyway is rather silly. They were being chased by those creatures and one of their ship mates was badly injured, TJ would have been acting on instinct and doing what she was trained to do or what she thought was correct. Its not like they had all the time in the world to come up with the best idea, while being chased by random creatures at the same time somthing you have no idea about is affecting someone you care and about and theres a time limit on how long the ships going to be there.

Comment

That's what I get for skimming. In that case, waiting the full 38 minutes would do the trick. They had enough time. Not that it's any better than the kawoosh.

Comment

Working...
                              X