Why the bone saw?SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    That's what I get for skimming. In that case, waiting the full 38 minutes would do the trick. They had enough time. Not that it's any better than the kawoosh.
    Yeah. Kawoosh is rather inaccurate in comparison though.

Comment

It's predictable enough that you could manage a clean cut if you did a couple of test runs. Just not quite as safe. It is faster, though.

Comment

It's predictable enough that you could manage a clean cut if you did a couple of test runs. Just not quite as safe. It is faster, though.
        "Does anyone want to volunteer? We need to do a couple of test runs to check where to keep Scott's arm into the kawoosh to cut it at the right place. Who feels that he can do without an arm? Hands up please."
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          "Does anyone want to volunteer? We need to do a couple of test runs to check where to keep Scott's arm into the kawoosh to cut it at the right place. Who feels that he can do without an arm? Hands up please."
          Just call the ship for some red shirts. "Sorry buddy, that test didn't go quite as planned. Other arm, please."

Comment

Thanks to the others for explaining my idea to morbofist. It' all good morbo, I skim all the time
            sigpicSGU PARTY AT MY PLACE!!

Comment

Just call the ship for some red shirts. "Sorry buddy, that test didn't go quite as planned. Other arm, please."
              You first boss... lead by example and all that!

Comment

I am not a doctor, but amputation is more than just sawing off the arm. You have to attend to the nerve endings, the blood vessels, the skin and so on. Simply holding it into the gate and shutting said gate down would result in a very messy wound. I can't remember an instant where that procedure cauterized a wound, so he would probably bleed out very quickly.
                sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                  I am not a doctor, but amputation is more than just sawing off the arm. You have to attend to the nerve endings, the blood vessels, the skin and so on. Simply holding it into the gate and shutting said gate down would result in a very messy wound. I can't remember an instant where that procedure cauterized a wound, so he would probably bleed out very quickly.
                  Either the kawoosh or just leaving the body part in the event horizon would cauterize the wound. For examples, Kalawsky's "death by puddle" cleanly amputated the back-half of his skull. Also, those prisoners who let themselves be hit by the kawoosh in that episode where SG1 got sent to the prison world were hit by the event horizon and their ankles were smoking.

Comment

Even if it would cauterize the wound and he wouldn't bleed out on the spot, it would still cause a number of problems if it wasn't properly treated, for example, phantom pain.
                    But, like I said, I am not a doctor, so I can't really tell how problematic it would be
                    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Yeah, there is all those other problems, but bleeding out at least wouldn't be a concern.

Comment

Working...
                      X