Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else thought "oh no, not another one" at the beginning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    the comm stones aren't that big of a deal
    The stones themselves are nice technology. But it would be good to have them used mainly to bring people from Earth on Destiny , not the other way around .

But they caused too much time be wasted with Earth scenes. For example, all those episodes with Young's wife were really painful to watch
    The bad news is that the writers seem to be able to waste time with Earth scenes even without stones : half of the previous episode was a filler ...

Comment

I was definitely somewhere between smh and facepalm for the opening shot of Young at the stones. I'm glad that they have almost totally cut off any reason to need to go back to earth though.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanSGA View Post
        when the episode started with a shot of a communication stone?

Thank god this episode left the whole "Emily wants a divorce"-scene out, to be filled in by our own imagination! The episode was awesome and hopefully the ratings-problem won't do to SGU as what it did with Caprica. Moving the show to tuesdays was a bad decision IMO as week after week it is plain obvious that this show can't compete against mindless crap like Dancing with the Stars.
        My heart immediately sank when i saw that shot of the stones, but thankfully our worst fears weren't realised, but we still got a sub par episode, the only saving grace being as many have pointed out, the acting.

I would like to see more stories with the blue aliens, but if they're just gonna show their ships all the time and none of the actual creatures, i say leave them in their galaxy and let's move forward.( granted we got a glimpse of one through Young's perspective but seeing as though the aliens were never really there it doesn't count).

Lastly if Chloe's gonna go alien let's see it happen already, in short PTB stop promising us a story and just deliver one quickly before more people loose interest. Unfortunately i think we're gonna see more of the "aliens" from the 1st ep who are supposedly looking after TJ's baby, and who just happen to look like humans, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
          Unfortunately i think we're gonna see more of the "aliens" from the 1st ep who are supposedly looking after TJ's baby, and who just happen to look like humans, go figure.
          Ok, you totally lost me here. We haven't seen any aliens that look like humans in this series.

????
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            Ok, you totally lost me here. We haven't seen any aliens that look like humans in this series.

????
            I think the poster is WAY confused about that whole affair.
            Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

I said, "Oh, no, not another one," but it was because it was looking like it was gonna be a Groundhog's Day sort of episode. I enjoy them from time-to-time, but it seems like it's used in just about every sci-fi show ever. I was pleasantly surprised, and i greatly enjoyed the episode.
              "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
              - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Working...
              X