Halucinations suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halucinations suck!

I don't understand why the episode had that stupid hallucination in it. Just show me what is really happening. Between episodes like this and Rush's fake wife i'm starting to get tired of fake crap. Lets take the interesting story and make it only last 15 min of the ep while the other 30 is crap. Can the show please get back to reality?

Am I the only one that wants more reality?

I expand on this in my review of the ep.
    sigpicSGU PARTY AT MY PLACE!!

I think the "dream sequence" in Cloverdale was anything but a run of the mill dream sequence, just as I believe that Gloria and Franklin aren't run of the mill hallucinations. As a fave character is known to say, sometimes you have to "look deeper". Fake? nothing fake about it
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

It may not have been real, but it was certainly not pointless. It provided a unique opportunity to get a look inside Scott's mind and how he perceives the people around him.
      And there is certainly more to Gloria and Franklin appearing to Rush on the bridge.

Spoiler:
      After "Trial and Error" we know that Destiny is in some way "sentient", so it is very likely that they are some sort of manifestation of Destiny itself.
      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

And don't forget Lt. Johansen's dream with her baby, the aliens and the people they left on the plant.

Hopefully soon they will bring all the Halucinations (for lack of a better word at this time) to a head so the connection with Destiny will become even more apparent.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Let's also keep in mind that the end lesson that scott learnt at the end of cloverdale was directly linked to trial and error. Young even calls him on it.

Spoiler:
          The fact that he sees Young as somesort of perfect father figure and can't seem to see his flaws until these last two eps.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well..after seeing that episode into Scott's mind...I can say that I still don't care for him at all. He's just so boring...
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Let's also keep in mind that the end lesson that scott learnt at the end of cloverdale was directly linked to trial and error. Young even calls him on it.

Spoiler:
              The fact that he sees Young as somesort of perfect father figure and can't seem to see his flaws until these last two eps.
              Spoiler:
              I agree, what Scott is doing is so essentially unfair to Young, creating this standard that Young - no one in fact - could ever reach. Nobody's perfect.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                It may not have been real, but it was certainly not pointless. It provided a unique opportunity to get a look inside Scott's mind and how he perceives the people around him.
                And there is certainly more to Gloria and Franklin appearing to Rush on the bridge.

Spoiler:
                After "Trial and Error" we know that Destiny is in some way "sentient", so it is very likely that they are some sort of manifestation of Destiny itself.
                I admit, learning how scott viewed his shipmates was enlightening, but I wold have liked more "on the scene" action. I would also like to say that the end of this ep was possibly the best moment ever in the Stargate franchise. The final scene on the ramp was so well done I can't put it into words. I had real concern for the safety of the characters. I love the show, don't get me wrong, but I have never liked dream sequences. Not fireman teal'c, not rodney's imaginary Carter, not any of it. Maybe I'm nuts, but I find FTL more realistic than hallucinations. I have done a lot of drugs, acid included, and have never seen anything that vivid in my life. I guess it just depends on what you as the viewer can suspend your disbelief of. FTL, sure. Vivid hallucinations, no.

Spoiler:
                I don't buy the whole sentient ship thing. Rush is just pulling the strings. I believe the ship is aware of the crew and their needs to some degree, but sentience is debatable in any organism.
                sigpicSGU PARTY AT MY PLACE!!

Comment

Working...
                X