Poor TJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    Just gotta jump in and say that he's hurt too and less in a position to deal with it. TJ has a whole slew of people to talk to about what's happened and yeah, it would be great if Young talked to TJ and in time I think they will but I think calling him a selfish a-hole just because he's badly hurt and can't deal is a bit much. As a woman I often wonder why the hell a lot of guys can't open up and talk but I have to keep reminding myself that, unlike women, guys aren't taught to. I'm thinking for a military guy like Young that might even be more so. He's trying to "hold it together" and "keep up a strong facade for the crew" and all sorts of other things because SOMEBODY has to hold it together, even if it looks like it's being held together with spit and baling wire at the moment. That it clearly isn't working doesn't change the fact that it's likely all he's got. I feel sorrow for TJ but I feel the same for Young as well. If ever a guy needed slack cut, it's him.
    People like him need to attend counselling for anger management or social behaviour to remove the stick up his butt that makes him so uptight and unresponsive. Kinda like he's conspitated for life.

Comment

Is there ever a good time to bring up the magic dead baby theory?

Really, its what every dude wishes for. You really wish that the chick you bang behind your wifes back, who you accidentally knock up, will then lose the baby and claim that mega aliens whisked it off to a garden of eden planet to live with a bunch of hippies.

Bunny boiler alert!

Just goes to show....chicks that bang married dudes are usually a little messed up...but the grass is always greener and all that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Not sure, but you could deliver it with facts instead of the weird fantasies. She saw exactly that Aurora in her Vision before she knew Destiny was near one.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

TJ should find solace into the arms of the decent man she loves and who loves are, i.e. Varro
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

Really, its what every dude wishes for. You really wish that the chick you bang behind your wifes back, who you accidentally knock up, will then lose the baby and claim that mega aliens whisked it off to a garden of eden planet to live with a bunch of hippies.

Bunny boiler alert!

Just goes to show....chicks that bang married dudes are usually a little messed up...but the grass is always greener and all that.
            That's a bit of tough love. Nice of you to fault the girl when the guy co-contributed to the accident.

Comment

I felt for TJ-but I got the impression that Young didn't want to hear anything like that right then-so she (probably unknowlingly) picked a real bad time.
              He was dealing with all sorts of problems, wife divorcing him, crazy dreams or hallucinations of his own-and he was sliding down fast. And he does feel responsible for the baby's death
              Spoiler:
              As he tells Scott in the last scene

I did feel for TJ, though.

Comment

TJ had been trying to get Young to listen to her for a while, but he kept on avoiding her.

That is not fair.

Young has been trying for a while now but she was always distant towards him (understandable.. but). You can see with the scenes how he's always there asking her to be careful and checking on her, but then she was cold him. Then suddenly she decides to pick the moment where hes crumbling to also put this on him?
                " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
                - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

It was indeed unfortunate. Although she had not picked the suitable time to bring this up [ given Young's evident state of mind] , she was trying to help him have hope in a time of great difficulty and downfall for him. TJ may also , finally felt comfortable to confide in him, only to have her claims disregarded. It is unlikely that se would feel comfortable to confide in anyone else later on, based on this reaction.However, hopefully, now that Young has regained a proper sense of command, he can deal with her more maturely and form an opinion on the matter in a more collected state of mind.

I think TJ needs to discuss these issues with Young and try to make sense of what happened to the baby, before she considers moving on in another relationship.
                  Last edited by smart; 06 November 2010, 04:24 AM.
                  Abbas Karimjee
                  www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                  The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here Greetings from Poland

I don't think so. Besides his reaction to pregnacy was quite positive. Also he had this 2-3 months to accept the fact.
                    I think he blames himself, but not for the baby's death as a loss of his child, but for causing TJ more pain. Maybe her action was to let him know that she wasn't blame him.

Comment

Not one person agrees with me that this was a good time to tell him? Again, I say that he might have gone with it, or at least not called her crazy/stupid, because he was going through similar real-life fantasies. He reacted like 'he reacts' but later on in the series (conjecture), especially after he figures out that those real-life fantasies are SUPER IMPORTANT, he might re-visit the subject.

Sidenote--And how far can we feel sympathy for her? She had an affair with a married man. I'm certainly not judgmental, but things work out or they don't, and you have to deal with the consequences. Don't judge me for saying that! I love T.J. a lot. But she must have known that playing with fire doesn't always result in beautiful fireworks.
                      sigpic
                      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                        Not one person agrees with me that this was a good time to tell him? Again, I say that he might have gone with it, or at least not called her crazy/stupid, because he was going through similar real-life fantasies. He reacted like 'he reacts' but later on in the series (conjecture), especially after he figures out that those real-life fantasies are SUPER IMPORTANT, he might re-visit the subject.

Sidenote--And how far can we feel sympathy for her? She had an affair with a married man. I'm certainly not judgmental, but things work out or they don't, and you have to deal with the consequences. Don't judge me for saying that! I love T.J. a lot. But she must have known that playing with fire doesn't always result in beautiful fireworks.
                        Do I think that she should tell him at some point? Yep, those two need to talk, but telling him now, heaping your crazy notion on top of every burden he's carrying around, when he's half in the bag and thinks he might be going insane, may not be the best time. Also, while (during Faith for example) Young will tolerate what may be a whacko theory, he doesn't have to buy it.

They both had an affair so if judgment is due, they're both getting it and they'd be the first to tell you so, I believe. they both know it was a mistake and, in other circumstances, she would have left the program, gone somewhere else and likely they never would have set eyes on each other again. I feel sympathy for them both because - however it came about - they both lost a child and she nearly lost her life, and he nearly lost a friend. The whole situation deserves sympathy.
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          To be fair she picked probably the single worst time to bring up her crazy sounding visions to Young. "Ok he's obviously sleep deprived, irritable and drunk off his ass, it's magic dead baby theory time!"
                          Hah hah hah... this.
                          Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Working...
                          X