Poor TJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor TJ

She got slammed by a crazy drunk ex. or whatever you want to call it.

I think she should go seek happiness with that Lucian Alliance guy. He seems more sensible.

Originally posted by pipi View Post
    She got slammed by a crazy drunk ex. or whatever you want to call it.

I think she should go seek happiness with that Lucian Alliance guy. He seems more sensible.

I think a drunk person is more sensible than 'An alien took my baby', but that scene was my least favourite part of the episode. I don't think it fit in very well and a few minutes wasn't enough for their relationship.

Comment

To be fair she picked probably the single worst time to bring up her crazy sounding visions to Young. "Ok he's obviously sleep deprived, irritable and drunk off his ass, it's magic dead baby theory time!"

Comment

it's kinda hard to pick the right moment when he's like that all the time.

though i got to say, the "young returns" moment reminded me of the Adama Returns moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          To be fair she picked probably the single worst time to bring up her crazy sounding visions to Young. "Ok he's obviously sleep deprived, irritable and drunk off his ass, it's magic dead baby theory time!"
          I thought the opposite. I thought that it was the best time. He had just experienced something exactly like she was talking about. Something that couldn't have been real, the visions, but it feeling so real that it is indistinguishable from reality. He could have listened to her. He did in another universe.
          sigpic
          Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
          O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
          Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
          O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I don't think TJ needs to go off with Varro; I think we just need more Young/TJ interaction. I was so happy (in an awful kind of way) that Young finally hit bottom like this, and they finally got some interaction together. I mean, it was bothering me so much that they never discussed anything that happened between them. It was nice to see that losing the baby wasn't just an easy way for TPB to write in Alaina's pregnancy and then quickly forget that it happened. I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, poor TJ, but overall I think this type of interaction between Young and TJ is what will help them both get over this devastating incident in their lives.

And hey, if TJ's theory about Carmen holds up, then it won't be "poor TJ" after all...

Comment

her getting with the LA guy sounds pretty cool, he really does seem like a nice guy
              sigpic

Comment

I kind of think there was something implied in the theme election of this weeks episode. She told him right when the Ship messed with his head. Who says that the Ship wasnt messing with her too? Kind of taking care of her and keeping her sane since she is one of the few capable medical officers.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  ^this

honestly when watching the scene i was thinking "your seriously going to tell him now?" i think she should have waited to he was at least sober.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    ^this

honestly when watching the scene i was thinking "your seriously going to tell him now?" i think she should have waited to he was at least sober.
                    Or gotten stuck into the medical grade alcohol Mr Brody is cooking up herself.
                    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

TJ had been trying to get Young to listen to her for a while, but he kept on avoiding her. Understandable given that he lost a baby and his wife wanted a divorce on top of everything else he was going through, but even so he should have at least talked to TJ about the loss of their child. Considering that he has been growing more irrational and drinking more lately, when would it be a good time to talk with him?
                      sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        it's kinda hard to pick the right moment when he's like that all the time.

though i got to say, the "young returns" moment reminded me of the Adama Returns moment.
                        Exactly. When would be the best time. Young is always such a selfish A-hole. This relationship seems like a one-sided crush that TJ has. A father complex maybe?

It maybe sterotypical for Young to be a military hardass because he lacks social skills and needs the core to fit in.

Comment

I felt sorry for her. Like the various posters said, there was not really a good time to tell Young, given the nature of her story. But in my opinion, Young has not behaved particurlarly helpful or compassionate towards TJ. She could use some comforting.
                          sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I agree it was probably the worst time possible, but as i stated in another thread and gave reasons as to why i believe TJ's dream was real and not a ship induced slap on the shoulder.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora24 View Post
                              TJ had been trying to get Young to listen to her for a while, but he kept on avoiding her. Understandable given that he lost a baby and his wife wanted a divorce on top of everything else he was going through, but even so he should have at least talked to TJ about the loss of their child. ....
                              Originally posted by pipi View Post
                              Exactly. When would be the best time. Young is always such a selfish A-hole.....
                              Just gotta jump in and say that he's hurt too and less in a position to deal with it. TJ has a whole slew of people to talk to about what's happened and yeah, it would be great if Young talked to TJ and in time I think they will but I think calling him a selfish a-hole just because he's badly hurt and can't deal is a bit much. As a woman I often wonder why the hell a lot of guys can't open up and talk but I have to keep reminding myself that, unlike women, guys aren't taught to. I'm thinking for a military guy like Young that might even be more so. He's trying to "hold it together" and "keep up a strong facade for the crew" and all sorts of other things because SOMEBODY has to hold it together, even if it looks like it's being held together with spit and baling wire at the moment. That it clearly isn't working doesn't change the fact that it's likely all he's got. I feel sorrow for TJ but I feel the same for Young as well. If ever a guy needed slack cut, it's him.
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X