X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Destiny named Destiny

So why do you think?
    What theory's do you have?
    and do you think would be a cool reason?

here's my favourite idea- its not called destiny for any reason its where the word comes from. near the end of the show they find out they are in a time loop. destiny is faced with the chance to get home but they have to let accident happen that sends them back in time because its to put an end to some threat. then when the camera pulls away at the end when there stranded on a planet there on the ori home world and they start the ori/ancients off. interesting twist i think (plus it still keeps darwin's theory of evolution correct). plus maybe those planet builders is why they start off the ori. not all thought out but with some work i think it could be good.

Why is Atlantis named Atlantis or why don't we have a 304 Enterprise , the thing is that ancients sometime just had bad ideas for naming , but Destiny means that it has a mission .
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Well Rush thinks the ship has some grand purpose, so Destiny is a fitting name.

why don't we have a 304 Enterprise
      They should hurry up and name one Enterprise, as we all want it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
        So why do you think?
        What theory's do you have?
        and do you think would be a cool reason?

here's my favourite idea- its not called destiny for any reason its where the word comes from. near the end of the show they find out they are in a time loop. destiny is faced with the chance to get home but they have to let accident happen that sends them back in time because its to put an end to some threat. then when the camera pulls away at the end when there stranded on a planet there on the ori home world and they start the ori/ancients off. interesting twist i think (plus it still keeps darwin's theory of evolution correct). plus maybe those planet builders is why they start off the ori. not all thought out but with some work i think it could be good.
        I like it. Although this would be fitting for a more spiritual series like BSG more than the down to earth attitude SGU has been taking.
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

in the trailer for s2 I'm pretty sure i hear rush saying it is called destiny for a reason.
          And the LA say that it unlocks some kind of power or something like that i can't really remember ,so my idea is that these planet builders used to inhabit the entire universe and eventually ascended or where pushed near the edge of extinction so they had to go back to their original part of the universe , and the ancients knew about them somehow so they sent destiny to them to help them get back on their feet, or take their tech and destroy them fully so the universe is free for the ancients.i think it would be cool if when destiny reached it destination it there was this super advanced race, or this super advanced races tech.
          ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post

Some times like the only stargate fan that does not like startrek
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
              Some times like the only stargate fan that does not like startrek
              You're hardly alone.

We're supposed to find our what the big mission is this season.

Comment

It's journeying to the center of the universe to stop the universal expansion that will one day, billions and billions of years from now, end all creation.

The ancients always think big.

I seriously think it'll turn out to be this or something like it. Stopping the heat death of the universe, or correcting some other fundamental problem with reality itself that can only be done from some point very very far away.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I think Jack wanted to name the Prometheus the "Enterprise" but someone told him, "We're not naming it the Enterprise."

Can't quite remember though....

As for Destiny's name? It probably has some canon-lore behind it, but for now (and when the name was first conceived) it's just a catchy name with artistic design behind it. It's the same reason the Destiny looks the way it does, because it's cool.
                  sigpic
                  ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                    I think Jack wanted to name the Prometheus the "Enterprise" but someone told him, "We're not naming it the Enterprise."

Can't quite remember though....

As for Destiny's name? It probably has some canon-lore behind it, but for now (and when the name was first conceived) it's just a catchy name with artistic design behind it. It's the same reason the Destiny looks the way it does, because it's cool.
                    it was Mckay with the Orion

Comment

Destiny is named the Destiny because it has a Destiny. It is our Destiny to learn what Destiny's Destiny is this season.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Destiny is a fitting name as long as the ship has a purpose/mission/reason for being. But, if you think about it, the reason for being could just be to mess with primitive (well somewhat advanced) humans. It's not like the ancients could truely have a purpose with a ship that only holds corporeal forms anymore. They should in concept be able to get wherever (or do whatever) the ship is trying to get to (or do) a lot faster now that they are ascended.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by n4rc1ssus View Post
                          Destiny is a fitting name as long as the ship has a purpose/mission/reason for being. But, if you think about it, the reason for being could just be to mess with primitive (well somewhat advanced) humans. It's not like the ancients could truely have a purpose with a ship that only holds corporeal forms anymore. They should in concept be able to get wherever (or do whatever) the ship is trying to get to (or do) a lot faster now that they are ascended.
                          And still they don't...cause of the non-interference thing is my guess, maybe the Destiny's mission isn't going to affect their plain of existence.

Comment

Its Destiny is probably something simple. Like its going towards the center of the universe or something for some reason....

all i know is that in the end it will come down to Eli. he will have to do somehting HUGE.

Comment

"Destiny" is actually Ancient for "S.S. Minnow".

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X