This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good times!

MGM has finally been bought out, now its only a matter of time before we get the third SG-1 film and the SGA film........ i would assume, thoughts?
    Captain Simms

not so sure.....
    They would probably have different priorities.....
    sigpic
    Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

They got new people running it now. So now I think it either will never happen or will happen fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
        MGM has finally been bought out, now its only a matter of time before we get the third SG-1 film and the SGA film........ i would assume, thoughts?
        keep dreaming
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
          All we know is that they want to 'move aggressively' into TV, DVD movies could be the last thing on their minds, though if Syfy were willing to get in on the deal as we assumed they had done with the Atlantis movie at least then it might happen. If there was ever a moment when the movie campaigns might actually get something done, now would probably be the time. Having the new guys hear of a horde of fans clamouring for a TV movie certainly couldn't hurt.

Comment

hm... it would be awesome if they brought back atlantis if they want to do another tv show .

but seriously i hope this means they are going to make the movies, since that would mean money for them.
            sigpic

Comment

We all know what happens when we assume don't we....

One thing we can assume with some measure of safety is that the new owners (if in fact this has happened, I am relying on the OPs post as fact) will be setting out to make money and make it fast.
              sigpic

Comment

This is from the on-line site of British newspaper, The Daily Express:

"A controlling five per cent stake will be held by the its new management, small rival Spyglass Entertainment – producers of the Sixth Sense – who plan to raise financing to produce between four and six new movies a year, including the Bond and Hobbit films, prequels to The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Movie experts are relieved by news of the deal. “It’s fantastic that MGM is not going to disappear, and hopefully this means that the next Bond will now be made,” says Allan Hunter, Daily Express chief film critic."

Four to six mainstream movies does not sound encouraging for the prospects of Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallifer View Post
                  This is from the on-line site of British newspaper, The Daily Express:

"A controlling five per cent stake will be held by the its new management, small rival Spyglass Entertainment – producers of the Sixth Sense – who plan to raise financing to produce between four and six new movies a year, including the Bond and Hobbit films, prequels to The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Movie experts are relieved by news of the deal. “It’s fantastic that MGM is not going to disappear, and hopefully this means that the next Bond will now be made,” says Allan Hunter, Daily Express chief film critic."

Four to six mainstream movies does not sound encouraging for the prospects of Stargate.
                  why do you think thats bad?
                  sigpic
                  The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                    why do you think thats bad?
                    Because they are just doing the big movies and nothing to do with Stargate, which is pretty much getting lost in the enormous MGM library.

I bet Spyglass haven't even spoken about Stargate. It is all about Bond and the Hobbit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Because they are just doing the big movies and nothing to do with Stargate, which is pretty much getting lost in the enormous MGM library.

I bet Spyglass haven't even spoken about Stargate. It is all about Bond and the Hobbit.
                      They've said the exact opposite. They've said they're going to 'move aggressively' into television.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        They've said the exact opposite. They've said they're going to 'move aggressively' into television.
                        Source?

Unless the quote in the post a few above was a complete fabrication then your statement can't be true.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          Source?

Unless the quote in the post a few above was a complete fabrication then your statement can't be true.
                          Why can't it? Anyway, it wasn't actually a quote, just an article:

A proposal to put Spyglass toppers' Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum in charge of MGM pushed ahead Wednesday as their plan for restoring the Lion's roar was presented to all of the studio's debtors during a conference call.

Barber and Birnbaum have been holding discussions with MGM's leading creditors, which include Anchorage Advisors and Highland Capital. Wednesday's conference call looped in more than 100 creditors, who must endorse the plan.

Those knowledgeable with the talks say Birnbaum and Barber would take over after MGM goes through a pre-packaged bankruptcy. The creditors would absolve much of the studio's $4 billion in debt and take a majority equity stake in the company, along with providing a certain amount of working capital.

A major component of the plan would likely include shuttering MGM's distribution operation, which would reduce overhead substantially. Instead, Birnbaum and Barber would strike a theatrical distribution deal with another major.

A leading candidate is Paramount, with whom the duo have formed a close relationship, partnering on the rebooted "Star Trek" franchise, "G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra" and "Dinner for Schmucks," according to insiders.(Daily Variety, Aug. 13).

MGM also would move aggressively into television.
                          http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

True or not, the status of those movies has zero bearing on Stargate. Projects aren't funded using a single pot of cash held by the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            Why can't it? Anyway, it wasn't actually a quote, just an article:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

True or not, the status of those movies has zero bearing on Stargate. Projects aren't funded using a single pot of cash held by the studio.
                            Thanks for taking the time to post the story. You didn't have too and I appreciate it.

I hope you are right. I guess it is all speculation and the only ones who actually know what will happen are those who were in those meetings.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X