Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save Caprica Apple Campaigns Begin

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/caprica-apples/

It seems like no matter how bad a show does fan campaigns always surface. This one will lead to nothing
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL What do you reckon the shipping would be on a bag of apples from the UK??
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

in five years, no writer in vancouver or canada for that matter will ever eat fruit. i mean, SGA had lemons, caprica has apples. SGU has the kiwi.

Comment

I can safely say caprica is done
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Just don't see this going anywhere; these 'save x show' campaigns never work out. I wish them all the best, as I'd love to see another season (or even a miniseries) to close out the show properly, but I'm not going to invest my time in something I don't think will succeed.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I hope things workout but I honestly don't think it will go anywhere. And this makes me unhappy.

Comment

my advice would be... be realistic, conserve and pool your resources for the save the SGU kiwi campaign...
                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Just don't see this going anywhere; these 'save x show' campaigns never work out.
                  Firefly guys got a theatrical movie, I myself participated in "Save Jericho" and, though, we didn't get much success, we still got like shortened 2nd season (though it ended with a cliffhanger again )

It's hard to get anything out of them now, given the fact that the "Serenity" movie was a failure financially and Jericho didn't attract much new viewers and the numbers were still low. So I doubt TPTB now would give in and make more episodes for a show that averages 800 000 viewers... But it's possible.

Though, I'd never again would be involved in such a campaign. Well, maybe only if they said that Stargate as a franchise was done or they'd want to cancel last intelligent not-light entertainment show on tv...
                  - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

Prediction: this will achieve nothing. Our best bet for getting more Caprica is if we get a continuation in book/comic form. Then there's always Blood & Chrome.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Just don't see this going anywhere; these 'save x show' campaigns never work out. I wish them all the best, as I'd love to see another season (or even a miniseries) to close out the show properly, but I'm not going to invest my time in something I don't think will succeed.
                      I would like to respectfully disagree with you, citing the recent case of Jericho and the "Nuts for Jericho" campaign of mid-2007.

Still, though, you are probably right with this, as "SyFy" is not a OTA Network like CBS is (although "SyFy" is owned by NBC). CBS would likely be more inclined to bow to pressure. Tasty, snacky pressure, but pressure none the less.

-Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Philstuf View Post
                        I would like to respectfully disagree with you, citing the recent case of Jericho and the "Nuts for Jericho" campaign of mid-2007.

Still, though, you are probably right with this, as "SyFy" is not a OTA Network like CBS is (although "SyFy" is owned by NBC). CBS would likely be more inclined to bow to pressure. Tasty, snacky pressure, but pressure none the less.

-Phil
                        1 show out practically every show that starts a save campaign after its cancelled. It looks statsically insignificant.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Philstuf View Post

-Phil
                          Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          1 show out practically every show that starts a save campaign after its cancelled. It looks statsically insignificant.
                          Jelgate's more or less nailed what I was speaking to. How many shows since about 1969 or so have had fan-organized 'save our show' campaigns? Tons and tons and tons. And when Jericho is pretty much the only example of success (I don't count Firefly because it got a film instead of more episodes), it looks pretty insignificant.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Any chance they can continue the series with direct to DVD? That might be more financially viable. A lot of films have done it. Including the American Pie series. Different genre but it is targeted at a ninche market, aka fans.

Comment

I wouldn't count on it. When not even the successful parent series is doing direct-to-DVD anymore, it seems pretty unlikely that the failed spin-off will be getting any.

Comment

Working...
                              X