Replicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators

The replicators wanted to follow in the footsteps of the ancients , so why didn't they do anything slightly like destiny?
    ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

They wouldn't need to do it, because the Ancients already had. The Replicators had also based themselves on the Ancients as they were at the time, which meant they had no need for anything like Destiny when they already had all the Ancient knowledge.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      They wouldn't need to do it, because the Ancients already had. The Replicators had also based themselves on the Ancients as they were at the time, which meant they had no need for anything like Destiny when they already had all the Ancient knowledge.
      good point

Comment

Plus maybe the atlantean ancients had forgot about the destiny project when they made the asurans/reps.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Plus maybe the atlantean ancients had forgot about the destiny project when they made the asurans/reps.
          didnt they say something like they found the address in the atlantis database , the replicators wud of had all the info from it.

Comment

Do we know if the Asuran's copied it when they had controlled atlantis..?

Comment

Do we know if the Asuran's copied it when they had controlled atlantis..?
              well they didnt have any memory limit really so theres no reason for them not to have it

Comment

Here's a better question:Will the Replicators return for SGU? They seem to be recurring:Replicstors in SG1, SGA and the movies?
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

there is no logical/plausible way for them to return , and it would be lame
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                  StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                  GW member infractions : 1

Comment

i hope they dont , and they probably wont cause they werent around wen destiny was launched so the only way wud be for the to find out about destiny and try and find another icarus planet but its unlikely since every galaxy we know they were destroyed in

Comment

Originally posted by Benr96 View Post
                      The replicators wanted to follow in the footsteps of the ancients , so why didn't they do anything slightly like destiny?
                      The Asurans wanted to ascend. A few of them wanted to go to work on it in the present, but others like Oberoth felt there was still much to be done before they should. Destiny has nothing (as far as we know) to do with ascension.

Besides, where ever Destiny is heading, it's obviously very far away, and it's been traveling for millions of years, so for the Asurans to launch a similar ship, even ten thousand years ago, would be completely pointless.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      No they did not.

well they didnt have any memory limit really so theres no reason for them not to have it
                      Where are you getting that from? It's been a while since I've seen any Asuran-related SGA episodes, when was it stated that their memory was limitless?

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      Here's a better question:Will the Replicators return for SGU? They seem to be recurring:Replicstors in SG1, SGA and the movies?
                      No they will not.

i hope they dont , and they probably wont cause they werent around wen destiny was launched so the only way wud be for the to find out about destiny and try and find another icarus planet but its unlikely since every galaxy we know they were destroyed in
                      *shudder* I hope English isn't your first language. Whether it is or isn't here is an article I believe should help you. It's for public speaking, but it's a start.
                      We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
                      —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
                      —Ricky Gervais

Comment

Where are you getting that from? It's been a while since I've seen any Asuran-related SGA episodes, when was it stated that their memory was limitless?
                        what i ment was , they can spread there memory over all the replicators and they replicate so the memory limit is constantly growing and there are thousands of them which can probably hold alot each , so they probably could fit all atlantis's info in

Comment

*shudder* I hope English isn't your first language. Whether it is or isn't here is an article I believe should help you. It's for public speaking, but it's a start.
                          i just re read what i wrote and i see what you mean . I'll re read my post before sending it next time

Comment

i thought this thread would be about using replicators to fix the ship such as filling up the holes and fixing solar collectors and what not haha nevermind

to be honest the wouldnt really of gotton the chance to do a distiny type project since once they grew to a huge amout the ancients wiped them and once they rebuilt themselves they were still programmed to attack the wraith so that was the 1st on the to do list, then the wraith reprogrammed them to stay on the planet after attacking so they were sort of limited in their own planet never harming the wraith.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                              i thought this thread would be about using replicators to fix the ship such as filling up the holes and fixing solar collectors and what not haha nevermind

to be honest the wouldnt really of gotton the chance to do a distiny type project since once they grew to a huge amout the ancients wiped them and once they rebuilt themselves they were still programmed to attack the wraith so that was the 1st on the to do list, then the wraith reprogrammed them to stay on the planet after attacking so they were sort of limited in their own planet never harming the wraith.
                              oh yeah i forgot about their programming

Comment

Working...
                              X