No announcement yet.

Clap Your Hands If You Believe (609)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't so much the counting grains of sugar or salt that bugged me - actually, I thought that was a nice touch of OCD on the faeries' part - but why Sam waited so long to do it. He said it himself, he could have saved himself quite a beating if he'd just done it sooner. (Although the fact that he had to go through it just confirms my suspicion that Sera is a Sam whumper at heart...) Or was it that he didn't believe it would actually work?

Glad you actually enjoyed this one, Crichiel! I know the season's not been going well for you, and I endorse all your arguments why.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

The only thing that bothered me about the salt thing was that X-Files did basically the exact same thing in their vampire episode, they have OCD as well, so Mulder bought himself time by throwing sunflower seeds at the vamp so he had to stop and count them. But then they WERE doing an X-Files episode, so why not?

I didn't mind that it took Sam a while to think of it, because in the heat of the moment (and after being told iron might work), I believe it might slip his mind. Plus, I loved that he pointed out the "D'uh" moment. I laughed at that because every time I hear something like that I think of Marty in SG-1's 200 explaining "We'll hang a lantern on it."

Comment

Inspite of all the problems with this episode i really laughed....

Sam:- You got to be careful dean. The fourth kind is a b*** thing
        Dean:- Empathy sam empathy

My Fav

Comment

I loved the having to count the salt grains thing. That was a great scene.

Thanks for the reminder, Crichiel, of where I had seen that before. I loved that episode of the X-Files.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

I really liked this ep - a nice cheerful little romp. I laughed a lot.

I pick up a lot of little things when I do my capping - so the thing about Dean’s jacket? He definitely got a new one after he had his shower. It’s a mystery where they keep all their clothes because they’ve always carried around plenty with them and they don’t keep them in the trunk (weapons only) or the back seat of the Impala.

Spoiler:

Before

After

I love a bit of a mystery and I reckon this is one of them:
            When Dean goes to the Watchmakers for a bit of a reccie and sees the little people doing watch making thing. Inside the room it was obviously broad daylight outside - the sun was streaming in and the clock which Dean was lurking behind was also prominent.
            Spoiler:

So when Dean went outside and it was totally dark I wasn’t surprised that Dean looked totally freaked by it. Maybe it’s because I’m a Sci-Fi geek and loved the X-files with all the UFO time distortion stuff going on but to me it was another reference to a time-slip. All those watch/clock/time-slip references. Plus when Sam and Dean went to see the watchmaker the clock hanging outside looked at is it had lost time as well. They were in the shop for about 5/10 minutes but the clock had moved on about an hour.
            But it’s a Ben ep and he likes to torture us.

But the red cap guy/gnome/fairie? I’ve no idea about him…it seemed kind of random. I read somewhere that he could have been Rumplestiltskin claiming Dean as the first born…but that seems a bit flimsy.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfriendz View Post
              inspite of all the problems with this episode i really laughed....

Sam:- you got to be careful dean. The fourth kind is a b*** thing
              dean:- empathy sam empathy

my fav
              sigpic

Comment

so, in your opinion people, are we going to ever get an explanation to why fairies look like humans? (i would also be satisfied if they would comment on why humans look like fairies ) ...i mean there has to be a link, it's only logical. also that would be a nice addition to mythology of the show.
                ok cheers, thanks for commenting(if you did, if not - FU! )!

edit: oh and an explanation to why they hate angels
                Last edited by NIMBUS; 13 January 2011, 04:15 AM.
                ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Working...
                X