Is Destiny trying to kill the crew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Destiny trying to kill the crew?

After all, the Air planet was fairly dangerous.

The Time and Water planets killed them all at least twice.

The Justice planet had the spaceship there, which helped alert the aliens to the human's presence on Destiny.

It tried to leave the shuttle behind during Light.

It stopped at a planet with dangerous caves and big spiders and then left them behind.

It stopped at a planet that gave them space ticks.

And now we have the Cloverdale planet with deadly plants that almost killed Scott. It must be Destiny's fault, then, since it stopped at these planets. Destiny has apparently been trying to kill people all along! If only Destiny had properly analyzed the danger and made that known to the crew, then perhaps people wouldn't have died....

(Note that this is a bit tongue-in-cheek)

Well, Destiny presumably only has the information about those planets given to it by the seeder ships. We've already seen a broken down seeder ship - maybe they got faulty as they went, and the data they've transmitted is incomplete/wrong/wacked.

I'm just making a random guess, but it works ok as a hypothesis for now, I think.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
      Destiny has apparently been trying to kill people all along!
      I don't think so. Planets are dangerous because if not, exploration would be boooring... Also, planets discarded by Destiny seems to be more dangerous: remember the dinosaur-like creature from Lost. The plants from Cloverdale were also very dangerous, of course. I suppose Destiny doesn't care about threats if the planet has essential resources.
      Last edited by Lainier; 29 October 2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Destiny has made a point of locking out certain planets, which I assume would be even more dangerous. A call for resources goes out and there's a dodgy option or there's no option. Sometimes you have to go for a dodgy option. If the Destiny really wanted to get rid of the crew, it could probably be done very easily without having to even have the crew leave the ship at all. All she'd have to do is kill life support.
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

It's testing them. It's saying, "If you can survive X amount of death worlds, you're worthy to be my crew."

Comment

Heh, this thread was mainly meant as a tongue-in-cheek response to something. But I guess people are saying there can't be blame for what happens when a planet is stopped at...

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
              It's testing them. It's saying, "If you can survive X amount of death worlds, you're worthy to be my crew."
              like this!

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                I was thinking more along the lines of that the ship is bored from all these years alone, now it has things to play with.

Comment

What is Destiny only allowed to stop at planets filled with pillows and with no sharp corners?
                  sigpic

Comment

Nope, no pillow filled planets, the crew (ie Rush and Young) might try to suffocate each other.

A more serious answer might be that the dangerous plants, animals, bacteria, etc may not have existed on a planet the last time Destiny visited the area. Depending on how long it takes Destiny to return to a certain part of space there could be changes that the ship doesn't know about and the database couldn't take into account. Also with Rush now flying the ship, he may have thought whatever resources the planet had were worth a calculated risk.
                    sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

I'm still waiting to see a door on Destiny cut someone's limb off!

Comment

I think it's just trying to kill Lt Scott. If you think about it, in nearly every episode he's the person that nearly gets killed or left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                          Well, Destiny presumably only has the information about those planets given to it by the seeder ships. We've already seen a broken down seeder ship - maybe they got faulty as they went, and the data they've transmitted is incomplete/wrong/wacked.

I'm just making a random guess, but it works ok as a hypothesis for now, I think.
                          Uploaded Franklin says to Rush in Aftermath that the data on the planet is about a million years out of date, so that gives a general sorta time scale between the seeding of the gate and Destiny catching up. Thats a lot of time for things to change on a planet and make it inhospitable to humans.
                          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                            I think it's just trying to kill Lt Scott. If you think about it, in nearly every episode he's the person that nearly gets killed or left behind.
                            Wish they had killed him off, they could have kept Riley then.
                            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

From my summaries im just gonna go with the fact that Destiny is annoyed that Young has nearly exploded the ship 11ty times
                              Tst

Comment

Working...
                              X