No announcement yet.

Ausiello : Caprica Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syfy is wild im trying to understand is there no money in company why on earth do all the new shows seem to struggle SGU and Caprica are both having problems why ... We only here things in canada late which sucks but im glad i can watch the last eps of the season on Space !
    sigpic
    Kenton Canada

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      So basically your judging them because they don't do what you want?
      Yes. Then again the purpose of the channel was originally to have science fiction/fantasy programming...which it hardly seems to have nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Yes. Then again the purpose of the channel was originally to have science fiction/fantasy programming...which it hardly seems to have nowadays.
        It sure does. Granted a lot of its not good but by the definition they have mostly scifi/fantasy
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          It sure does. Granted a lot of its not good but by the definition they have mostly scifi/fantasy
          Indeed. Even the wrestling could be classed as fantasy.

Comment

My Hero .. So true its a Science Fiction channel but it plays Wrestling ?????? very confusing. And the Good sy fy shows they have dont work out
            sigpic
            Kenton Canada

Comment

the only real good thing that came out of caprica was bear's music. the pilot soundtrack is awesome
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've loathed Syfy since they became "Syfy"....and before that I had dislike when SG1 was axed.
                Don't get me started on that one. I'm pretty sure SG1 was still profitable, but those big wig nut jobs felt that going out on the 10th season would give them an erection. That's about the only logical reason I could come up with. I'm grateful for any Stargate, the more the better.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                  Don't get me started on that one. I'm pretty sure SG1 was still profitable, but those big wig nut jobs felt that going out on the 10th season would give them an erection. That's about the only logical reason I could come up with. I'm grateful for any Stargate, the more the better.
                  The lower ratings and 10 year rising production costs didn't seem logical to you?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                    I agree the same with atlantis ... There was no need to cancel the show ! its done better then any other one they have came out with lately !!
                    sigpic
                    Kenton Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
                      I agree the same with atlantis ... There was no need to cancel the show ! its done better then any other one they have came out with lately !!
                      Except that Syfy didn't cancel SGA, the showrunners simply weren't interested in doing another year so it was ended. And Eureka/Warehouse 13 have/had been dominating Syfy's ratings, not SGA.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        And Eureka/Warehouse 13 have/had been dominating Syfy's ratings, not SGA.
                        Indeed! If those two shows were cancelled there would be little reason to watch Syfy anymore. Caprica is another great cancelled sci-fi show.

Comment

Yeah i think Caprica is wayy better then Eureka i dont even think space channel show wherehouse 13 i might be wrong but its just weird that so many good shows are done
                          sigpic
                          Kenton Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
                            Yeah i think Caprica is wayy better then Eureka i dont even think space channel show wherehouse 13 i might be wrong but its just weird that so many good shows are done
                            City TV was showing Warehouse 13. They started this past spring with season 1 (SyFy showed it the previous summer). Then they went right into season 2. So we were only a few episodes behind SyFy. However it meant Warehouse 13 was still airing with the new tv fall season. Some fraking nutcase at City TV decided to yank Warehouse 13 after episode 5 of season 2 and put on Amercia's Got Talent. And now nobody can get a clear answer if City TV plans on airing the rest of the episodes anytime soon! Just some vague thing of probably not. This was a show I could watch with my husband (he's not into sci-fi like me who needs to watch EVERYTHING almost. )
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Caprica...-point-5/14643

We speculated at the time that the just-announced DVD set would probably be delayed as a result of that new decision. After thinking about it for a few days, however, it appears that Universal Studios Home Entertainment has decided NOT to move the street date for "1.5" after all. They will put it on on December 21st, as announced, and include the five episodes in it which will not yet have been broadcast on Syfy. Bottom line: nothing changes! Is that stunning news, or what?

Comment

I'm not surprised...this was less than a cult show but considering SyFy's 30 degree downgrade the writing has been reflecting this was an incredibly flawed show.

Comment

Working...
                                X