No announcement yet.

Ausiello : Caprica Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not surprised it's been cancelled caprica just failed to live up to the high standards set by BSG.

Caprica had some very bad characters sister clarice why oh why did she get out of the car when we were so close to getting rid of her and the scene with the dancing cylon while funny was a useless scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
      This was announced yesterday.
      Ah, then I suspect leakage

Comment

this sucks. scifi chan and the ppl who run it never really gave it a chance but then again scifi chan isnt even scifi chan anymore its just a load of crap. the ppl who run scifi have buried it into the ground with the bull they put on there. i wish the canadian science fiction network wouldve owned the rights or the uk one. i forgot the chan names but theyre better than what the us shows. i really liked the show too. if this origins show didnt do good what in the world makes them think adama's origins show will do good?
        Last edited by daniel9; 28 October 2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Hmm, you know I saw every episode of Caprica, but I always found myself indifferent towards it. It lacked a "hook" or a draw that would really get me interested. It's not (like in the case of Cloverdale in SGU) that it was all bad, I just couldn't figure out or see anything that would be of interest to me, personally. To see it canned now though before the run is completed is not unexpected, but still unfortunate. If nothing else I wanted to see how this would lead into Blood and Chrome but I guess now this might just be the end of that as well. Either way you cut it, it's unfortunate.

Well, hopefully SGU wont reach the same fate, and hopefully there will be some programming on the First Cylon War, eventually. I'll keep my fingers crossed as they say.

Comment

Sad to see it cancelled so soon for those who enjoyed it. Unfortunately I had a feeling this would happen even before it aired when I learned of what the show would be like. I very much hope that SGU doesn't go the same way, even though it is afflicted with many of the traits that make a lot of sci fi fans not care about Caprica.

Ironically I've always felt that a series about the cylon war was a much better move (but there'd better be some big giant honking spacebattles in there), and I'm glad that one is at least in the works.
            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Frak that sucks!

Looks like Canada's Space is going to still air Caprica. I headed over to their website. They blogged about the cancellation. They also still have Caprica on for next Tuesdays. Hopefully it does stay and the fans in Canada don't have to wait to see the last five episodes of a cancelled series.

And now I'm going to have to make a new siggie.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                Well that stinks.

Anyone know if the show will abruptly end of if they'll do some kind of series wrap up episode?
                My guess is that we will be left on a pretty big cliffhanger. They didn't know it was going to be canceled.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

http://www.kethinov.com/capricacancellation.php

Read this; I've been a fan of Eric's site for a very long time and this article is intriguing, to say the absolute least.
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    http://www.kethinov.com/capricacancellation.php

Read this; I've been a fan of Eric's site for a very long time and this article is intriguing, to say the absolute least.
                    Thanks for posting the link to that. It was a good read.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

like i said before all i want to know is what in the heck was the point of the vitual world...

cylon projection prottype?
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        like i said before all i want to know is what in the heck was the point of the vitual world...

cylon projection prottype?
                        I bet people said the same about the Opera House
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I bet people said the same about the Opera House
                          the opera house was wrapped up quite nicely
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            the opera house was wrapped up quite nicely
                            In the end but if BSG was cancelled prematurely the same questions would be raised.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That's a shame I thought they were very stingy with airing the show they should have been better about that
                              sigpic
                              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                                I couldn't agree more. The descent of SciFi/Syfy channel has been rather discouraging. Remember when SciFi channel relatively recently regularly aired Doctor Who, and a decade ago aired Farscape (the cancellation notwithstanding), and Babylon 5?

Now it is afflicted with ridiculous low-budget monster movies and as you said, wrestling...

And most of what it does show film wise is less fan fave thn what caprica had for a following.. BUT they still make/show them..

Comment

Working...
                                X