No announcement yet.

Ausiello : Caprica Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really sorry to hear about this. I actually found the series quite interesting and the story unfolding just as it should.
    Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Comment

Nooo they never even gave it a chance like they wanted it to fail. I have four Nielsen boxes in my home and will no longer supposed sysf.

Comment

This is a real shame. One thing I'd like to see is the show carried on in graphic novel format. There are some threads that should be tied up here and I'd like to see them do that.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          Some of us actually liked this show. It is not good riddance for us.
          It seem like every cancelliation a few fans come in to celebrate. I'm meh because I knew it was going to h appen
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

damm it! and the 5 last episodes will be aired in 2011.. blah!
            Come join the dark side, we have cookies!!

Comment

DAMN YOU SYFY!!!!!! I though Fox was bad by canceling Terminator and Firefly, but you are going now the same road, can you not at least air the final five episodes?! Whats with the delay? or are they trying to rewrite it and hope to smash in a conclusion? Really bad choice guys..... only SG:U and Fringe now from the sci-fi section.
              sigpic

Comment

This massively sucks, I really liked the exploration of Colonial society and there were some very good actors on the show. Might not have been what people expected about the genesis of the Cylons but still, it was quite an intelligent show in my opinion. Didnt help that they had that long break... it was like people were trying to get it cancelled... *sigh* another one bites the dust

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

How disappointing. I can't say it was totally unexpected, but disappointing nonetheless. At least they will air the last 5 episodes instead of not airing them at all. Poor Caprica.
                  sigpic

Comment

What the frak, with the ratings I understand they cancel it, but at least give us the last five episodes... And I really hope RDM is pushing a movie to at least wrap things up somewhat.
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                      Not really since the 1.5 dvd boxset comes out on December 21st...
                      Are you so sure? Won't this mean they'll either bump, or cancel the 1.5 set and wait for the 'Complete Series'?

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                        What the frak, with the ratings I understand they cancel it, but at least give us the last five episodes... And I really hope RDM is pushing a movie to at least wrap things up somewhat.
                        If Sci-Fi are dropping the last episodes of a season they've already paid for, why on earth would they pay more for a movie?
                        Still, if Chrome and Blood returns to a faster more action orientated angle the Franchise should be able to recover (assuming good ratings)

Did Sci-Fi order C&B before canceling Caprica? Or are they treating it as the Franchise's swan song?
                        Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                        Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                        Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                        Song: Louder!
                        Dalek louder: Mercy!
                        Song: One more time.
                        Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Well that stinks.

Anyone know if the show will abruptly end of if they'll do some kind of series wrap up episode?
                          sigpic

Comment

Wasn't a fan, too slow moving, too much religion and not enough action. Although I will admit it was getting there. I liked that the origin of the cylons was being explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                              Are you so sure? Won't this mean they'll either bump, or cancel the 1.5 set and wait for the 'Complete Series'?
                              This was announced yesterday.

Comment

caprica was kinda doomed anyway. and in 'doomed' i mean, it's a story with a finite ending. going into it we knew that it'd end with the creation of the cylons and possibly the beginning of the 'sentient robots vs humans'....i couldn't see it ever running more than 1-2 seasons at the most.

blood and chrome, i think, will be the same way. it'll tell the story of the first cylon warr and will likely start with the war beginning, end with the abrupt cease fire and the show is over.

it's kinda like the star wars prequels in a way, there's no need to tell every detail of all 20 years, just the hilights.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X