Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ausiello : Caprica Cancelled

He just tweeted this...

THIS JUST IN: Syfy has canceled CAPRICA.
    Was never able to get into the show... but it's never fun when your show gets stopped...

EDIT- more...

Link

Caprica is toast. Syfy has announced that the Battlestar Galactica prequel has been canceled.
    “The remaining first run episodes of Caprica – airing Tuesdays at 10/9c – will be removed from the schedule as of next Tuesday, November 2,” said the network in a statement. “These final five episodes of the season will be re-scheduled to air at a to be announced time in the first quarter of 2011, and will conclude the run of the series.”
    “We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for ‘Caprica’ and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series,“ said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions. “Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, ‘Caprica’ has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season.”

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

This is awful!

Comment

It's too bad but I think it was coming. I enjoyed watching Caprica now that i've seen all of BSG. I was hoping to see a series on the first Cylon war, now that looks like that might be happening and I can't wait to see who the 20 some Will Adama will be? Goodbye Caprica cast we hope to see you in other 'Syfy' series.

Comment

That show was too smart and original for the regular Syfy viewer. Soon to become Wrestling channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
          That show was too smart and original for the regular Syfy viewer. Soon to become Wrestling channel...
          There needs to be a new channel for Science Fiction, not wrestling. I expected the show to be canceled, but never in a million years did I expect Syfy to delay its conclusion for several months by pulling it.

Comment

Need to wait till next year to see the Final Five episodes.

Comment

Not really since the 1.5 dvd boxset comes out on December 21st...

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
                There needs to be a new channel for Science Fiction, not wrestling.
                I couldn't agree more. The descent of SciFi/Syfy channel has been rather discouraging. Remember when SciFi channel relatively recently regularly aired Doctor Who, and a decade ago aired Farscape (the cancellation notwithstanding), and Babylon 5?

Now it is afflicted with ridiculous low-budget monster movies and as you said, wrestling...
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Wowowowowowowow I hope this isn't bad for SGU.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm afraid that after Caprica' s cancellation, we won't see an original, complex, philosophical and psychological sci-fi show in a long time.
                    Last edited by Lainier; 29 October 2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

it didn't help that they split up the first season with several months between so the audience never got a chance to grow ... not to mention they shouldn't have put so much space between the miniseries and the first episode

Comment

I'm honestly not too upset because I'm more upset that they didn't follow through on their promise of a show about the creation of the Cylons. Instead they give us a show about STO/religion. It's especially annoying because the stupid ads for the show keep on showing CYLONS yet so far they're nowhere to be seen since the show came back.
                        That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                          I'm honestly not too upset because I'm more upset that they didn't follow through on their promise of a show about the creation of the Cylons. Instead they give us a show about STO/religion. It's especially annoying because the stupid ads for the show keep on showing CYLONS yet so far they're nowhere to be seen since the show came back.
                          Uh....the Cylon has appeared in 3 of the 4 episodes so far this half of the season. Quite prominently in this week's, too.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is sad news for me. Not totally unexpected, but still, sad. It is a shame people couldn't see the greatness in this show. I really think it had a lot of potential. Yet another show canceled before it could truly shine.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm sure a lot of people saw this coming from even before the series aired.

I think the plot moved on too slowly for people to find the show gripping enough to watch, sure we haven't even finished the first season yet, but nothing has really happened has it? Most of it felt like filler and to me it just felt like a chore to have to sit through all that STO stuff and Tamamamaras (whatever her name is) whining.

I never really took to the virtual reality stuff either, though I can see what it's future is in the BSG universe so that's unavoidable.

That said I did enjoy the the Daniel Graystone plot, that was entertaining. And I'm quite annoyed we'll never see how it develops into the first war.

Comment

Working...
                              X