Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: Ausiello : Caprica Cancelled

the only real good thing that came out of caprica was bear's music. the pilot soundtrack is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I've loathed Syfy since they became "Syfy"....and before that I had dislike when SG1 was axed.
    Don't get me started on that one. I'm pretty sure SG1 was still profitable, but those big wig nut jobs felt that going out on the 10th season would give them an erection. That's about the only logical reason I could come up with. I'm grateful for any Stargate, the more the better.

Quote Originally Posted by pipi View Post
    Don't get me started on that one. I'm pretty sure SG1 was still profitable, but those big wig nut jobs felt that going out on the 10th season would give them an erection. That's about the only logical reason I could come up with. I'm grateful for any Stargate, the more the better.
    The lower ratings and 10 year rising production costs didn't seem logical to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Second Lieutenant Kenton-Atlantis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pipi View Post
    I agree the same with atlantis ... There was no need to cancel the show ! its done better then any other one they have came out with lately !!

Kenton Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
    I agree the same with atlantis ... There was no need to cancel the show ! its done better then any other one they have came out with lately !!
    Except that Syfy didn't cancel SGA, the showrunners simply weren't interested in doing another year so it was ended. And Eureka/Warehouse 13 have/had been dominating Syfy's ratings, not SGA.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    And Eureka/Warehouse 13 have/had been dominating Syfy's ratings, not SGA.
    Indeed! If those two shows were cancelled there would be little reason to watch Syfy anymore. Caprica is another great cancelled sci-fi show.

Second Lieutenant Kenton-Atlantis's Avatar

Yeah i think Caprica is wayy better then Eureka i dont even think space channel show wherehouse 13 i might be wrong but its just weird that so many good shows are done

Kenton Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
    Yeah i think Caprica is wayy better then Eureka i dont even think space channel show wherehouse 13 i might be wrong but its just weird that so many good shows are done
    City TV was showing Warehouse 13. They started this past spring with season 1 (SyFy showed it the previous summer). Then they went right into season 2. So we were only a few episodes behind SyFy. However it meant Warehouse 13 was still airing with the new tv fall season. Some fraking nutcase at City TV decided to yank Warehouse 13 after episode 5 of season 2 and put on Amercia's Got Talent. And now nobody can get a clear answer if City TV plans on airing the rest of the episodes anytime soon! Just some vague thing of probably not. This was a show I could watch with my husband (he's not into sci-fi like me who needs to watch EVERYTHING almost. )
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Caprica...-point-5/14643

We speculated at the time that the just-announced DVD set would probably be delayed as a result of that new decision. After thinking about it for a few days, however, it appears that Universal Studios Home Entertainment has decided NOT to move the street date for "1.5" after all. They will put it on on December 21st, as announced, and include the five episodes in it which will not yet have been broadcast on Syfy. Bottom line: nothing changes! Is that stunning news, or what?

I'm not surprised...this was less than a cult show but considering SyFy's 30 degree downgrade the writing has been reflecting this was an incredibly flawed show.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Indeed! If those two shows were cancelled there would be little reason to watch Syfy anymore. Caprica is another great cancelled sci-fi show.
    I agree with this statement; however I would have add Haven to the list.

I'm sorry ya'll show got cancelled. I didn't watch Caprica, the ads I saw did make the show look very good, because I wanted to see BSG first.

Syfy is just not what is use to be.

P.S. I'm glad other people dislike the fact syfy channel has wrestling on.
    There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Noooooo, I bloody hate it when networks piss about with shedules and stuff like that and then cancel programs because they arent making ratings, heres an idea, make a show, show it at the same time every week, dont have stupid breaks in the middle, then people might actually know whats going on with a show and watch it...

damn you ShyteFi...

Quote Originally Posted by twaxer View Post
    damm it! and the 5 last episodes will be aired in 2011.. blah!
    This is exactly half of the problem, with gaps like this in the program how are people meant to get into a show, put it on, leave it, see how it goes, by the time it airs at this rate people wont know what had happened previously and not bother..

I'm actually quite annoyed, not so much because it was the best show on TV, as it wasnt, but it had the ability to turn into something really good and again what could of turned into a really good show has been screwed over by the bloody TV exec's again and there damned short sightedness...

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    caprica was kinda doomed anyway. and in 'doomed' i mean, it's a story with a finite ending. going into it we knew that it'd end with the creation of the cylons and possibly the beginning of the 'sentient robots vs humans'....
    Ever heard of a film called Titanic?
    Pretty sure everyone knew ths ship was gonna sink before they walked into the cinema..

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    You do realize a pilot has already been order for another BSG show
    Huh?
    Hows that going to work, unless SyFy change there attitude towards shows then everything that they do is just ruining shows for other networks.
    Its not like anything BSG related will be picked up if they keep half arsedly ordering shows and watering down the franchise, nobody will buy into it after 2 failed spinoffs...
    Maybe there should be something in the contract for the show that says the time slot stays the same and its guarenteed at least 2 seasons, otherwise the fans wont be interested and the actors and writers will just dry up as it'll be a short term job..

First Lieutenant

blah it really sucks and is depressing they canceled it just as the best eps are the season are happening. these 5 eps would've saved the show. well maybe not with scifi's crapass way of promoting it.

sometimes i wonder if it was bonnie hammer's plan from the start to take away all the real scifi goodies from scifi chan to make people suffer. and to not be able to watch imaginative stuff but the same ole dullards

Chief Master Sergeant TennisMennis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by syfygyrl View Post
    This is awful!
    Very very disappointed in this news. Bummer! Sigh!
    - The Truth is Out There!

sad indeed. I really liked the show. I can see why some people weren't interested, but i still liked it. One of the things i really liked about the show was that it was kind of a look into our future as a society. If we had holoband tech, we'd TOTALLY have a club V. Probably a New Cap City as well. Plus i really loved seeing Vancouver in the show

Bugs' Carrot Keeper leeman15251's Avatar

This is so sad. Now Syfy will have very few "scifi" shows.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
    sad indeed. I really liked the show. I can see why some people weren't interested, but i still liked it. One of the things i really liked about the show was that it was kind of a look into our future as a society. If we had holoband tech, we'd TOTALLY have a club V. Probably a New Cap City as well. Plus i really loved seeing Vancouver in the show
    Trust me, I am sure that kind of technology is right around the corner.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead