Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ausiello : Caprica Cancelled

DAMN YOU SYFY!!!!!! I though Fox was bad by canceling Terminator and Firefly, but you are going now the same road, can you not at least air the final five episodes?! Whats with the delay? or are they trying to rewrite it and hope to smash in a conclusion? Really bad choice guys..... only SG:U and Fringe now from the sci-fi section.

This massively sucks, I really liked the exploration of Colonial society and there were some very good actors on the show. Might not have been what people expected about the genesis of the Cylons but still, it was quite an intelligent show in my opinion. Didnt help that they had that long break... it was like people were trying to get it cancelled... *sigh* another one bites the dust

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

How disappointing. I can't say it was totally unexpected, but disappointing nonetheless. At least they will air the last 5 episodes instead of not airing them at all. Poor Caprica.

Major

What the frak, with the ratings I understand they cancel it, but at least give us the last five episodes... And I really hope RDM is pushing a movie to at least wrap things up somewhat.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Not really since the 1.5 dvd boxset comes out on December 21st...
    Are you so sure? Won't this mean they'll either bump, or cancel the 1.5 set and wait for the 'Complete Series'?

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by TBA View Post
    What the frak, with the ratings I understand they cancel it, but at least give us the last five episodes... And I really hope RDM is pushing a movie to at least wrap things up somewhat.
    If Sci-Fi are dropping the last episodes of a season they've already paid for, why on earth would they pay more for a movie?
    Still, if Chrome and Blood returns to a faster more action orientated angle the Franchise should be able to recover (assuming good ratings)

Did Sci-Fi order C&B before canceling Caprica? Or are they treating it as the Franchise's swan song?

Well that stinks.

Anyone know if the show will abruptly end of if they'll do some kind of series wrap up episode?
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Wasn't a fan, too slow moving, too much religion and not enough action. Although I will admit it was getting there. I liked that the origin of the cylons was being explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer 120 View Post
    Are you so sure? Won't this mean they'll either bump, or cancel the 1.5 set and wait for the 'Complete Series'?
    This was announced yesterday.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

caprica was kinda doomed anyway. and in 'doomed' i mean, it's a story with a finite ending. going into it we knew that it'd end with the creation of the cylons and possibly the beginning of the 'sentient robots vs humans'....i couldn't see it ever running more than 1-2 seasons at the most.

blood and chrome, i think, will be the same way. it'll tell the story of the first cylon warr and will likely start with the war beginning, end with the abrupt cease fire and the show is over.

it's kinda like the star wars prequels in a way, there's no need to tell every detail of all 20 years, just the hilights.

I'm not surprised it's been cancelled caprica just failed to live up to the high standards set by BSG.

Caprica had some very bad characters sister clarice why oh why did she get out of the car when we were so close to getting rid of her and the scene with the dancing cylon while funny was a useless scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    This was announced yesterday.
    Ah, then I suspect leakage

First Lieutenant

this sucks. scifi chan and the ppl who run it never really gave it a chance but then again scifi chan isnt even scifi chan anymore its just a load of crap. the ppl who run scifi have buried it into the ground with the bull they put on there. i wish the canadian science fiction network wouldve owned the rights or the uk one. i forgot the chan names but theyre better than what the us shows. i really liked the show too. if this origins show didnt do good what in the world makes them think adama's origins show will do good?
    Last edited by daniel9; October 28th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

Hmm, you know I saw every episode of Caprica, but I always found myself indifferent towards it. It lacked a "hook" or a draw that would really get me interested. It's not (like in the case of Cloverdale in SGU) that it was all bad, I just couldn't figure out or see anything that would be of interest to me, personally. To see it canned now though before the run is completed is not unexpected, but still unfortunate. If nothing else I wanted to see how this would lead into Blood and Chrome but I guess now this might just be the end of that as well. Either way you cut it, it's unfortunate.

Well, hopefully SGU wont reach the same fate, and hopefully there will be some programming on the First Cylon War, eventually. I'll keep my fingers crossed as they say.

Sad to see it cancelled so soon for those who enjoyed it. Unfortunately I had a feeling this would happen even before it aired when I learned of what the show would be like. I very much hope that SGU doesn't go the same way, even though it is afflicted with many of the traits that make a lot of sci fi fans not care about Caprica.

Ironically I've always felt that a series about the cylon war was a much better move (but there'd better be some big giant honking spacebattles in there), and I'm glad that one is at least in the works.
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Frak that sucks!

Looks like Canada's Space is going to still air Caprica. I headed over to their website. They blogged about the cancellation. They also still have Caprica on for next Tuesdays. Hopefully it does stay and the fans in Canada don't have to wait to see the last five episodes of a cancelled series.

And now I'm going to have to make a new siggie.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spimman View Post
    Well that stinks.

Anyone know if the show will abruptly end of if they'll do some kind of series wrap up episode?
    My guess is that we will be left on a pretty big cliffhanger. They didn't know it was going to be canceled.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

http://www.kethinov.com/capricacancellation.php

Read this; I've been a fan of Eric's site for a very long time and this article is intriguing, to say the absolute least.

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    http://www.kethinov.com/capricacancellation.php

Read this; I've been a fan of Eric's site for a very long time and this article is intriguing, to say the absolute least.
    Thanks for posting the link to that. It was a good read.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

like i said before all i want to know is what in the heck was the point of the vitual world...

cylon projection prottype?