Eli Was Ticked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli Was Ticked

Was it just me or did y'all see that look Eli gave Chloe when she went and got herself stung to stay on the planet and attempt to save Scott's life? It was cold! Why do you all think he was so mad?

I have a few theories:
    -Thought his best friend was going to die
    -Thought his love interest was going to die
    -With that sacrificial act she truly chose Scott over Eli (would die for Scott)

What do you think?
    sigpic

3rd option. She friendzoned him.

Comment

Disappointment. She was disregarding the feelings of everyone else that may have cared about her, to go off and do something that could get her killed. That's a big "**** you!" to everyone else.

Although, granted, if she actually died, it wouldn't be a great loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
        Disappointment. She was disregarding the feelings of everyone else that may have cared about her, to go off and do something that could get her killed. That's a big "**** you!" to everyone else.
        Perhaps, but isn't that her call to make. I would think risking your life to save the person you love is something most people would see as noble. To me it shows a great deal of character growth from the spoiled little Senators daughter we met in S1. I'm not a huge Chloe supporter, but I appreciated what she did in this episode!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          Perhaps, but isn't that her call to make. I would think risking your life to save the person you love is something most people would see as noble. To me it shows a great deal of character growth from the spoiled little Senators daughter we met in S1. I'm not a huge Chloe supporter, but I appreciated what she did in this episode!
          Maybe if they knew she was doing that. From the perspective of everyone else, Eli included, Chloe got herself infected rather than leave an obviously dying man behind. Rush only knew better because he knew she was still under alien influence.

Comment

Yeah, I'm talking about how she presented it to everyone else. We know she's still half-alien, but they didn't. All they saw was that she planned to commit suicide along with Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
              Maybe if they knew she was doing that. From the perspective of everyone else, Eli included, Chloe got herself infected rather than leave an obviously dying man behind. Rush only knew better because he knew she was still under alien influence.
              Good point.
              sigpic

Comment

Of course Eli was pissed. First off, he thought he was gonna lose a friend. And then, the gal he's in love with decides to get herself infected to stay behind with Scott. Chloe infected herself for Scott. Eli got a big dose of remembering the fact he's friendzoned, and combine that with anger and general despair over the whole thing - seriously, after losing Riley and almost losing his mother, dude losing two more friends would've killed him. Hence the look of utter helplessness, despair, betrayal and other things David Blue did a good job with.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

From his prespective he was about to lose not one but two friends at the same time. I'd be angry too.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

He was pissed because she did something that was utterly stupid in his eyes. She didn't tell anyone she thought she might be immune, she just did it. And to him it was a pointless reason to kill yourself. And that he was losing two friends, he just couldn't believe she had done that.
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Heck no. She was being selfless for the person she cares about more than anyone else. If her actions had selfishly jeopardized any other member of the crew then you would have a point. But its HER life to live. It was her choice to make. No one else's. The only thing she possibly put in jeopardy was Rush's scheme.

Comment

She chose to die with scott rather than be with him, I think this episode was the turning point in their relationship he finally got it in his head that he never had a chance, and now that it is over he can move on to the pretty redhead, the whole situation with him chasing after chloe
                        made him look so pathetic. Everytime he was in his room dreaming about chloe she was in scott's quarters having sex the mind can only take so much it wasn't meant to be and now we can finally take eli off of suicide watch.

Comment

Yeah, I'm talking about how she presented it to everyone else. We know she's still half-alien, but they didn't. All they saw was that she planned to commit suicide along with Scott.
                          How was she supposed to present it? Waste time by exposing her and Rush's scheme. Yeah, with every minute being crucial that would have been a disastrous waste of time. And frankly she could only guess what the infection would do to her. She didn't know for sure. She didn't know if she would make it back aboard Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                            Heck no. She was being selfless for the person she cares about more than anyone else. If her actions had selfishly jeopardized any other member of the crew then you would have a point. But its HER life to live. It was her choice to make. No one else's. The only thing she possibly put in jeopardy was Rush's scheme.
                            really it depends on the perspective. To her she was being selfless, to everyone else she was being selfish. Selfish because what he said, she decided to kill herself (that's what they thought) to save her, good as dead, lover... A selfish act.
                            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                              How was she supposed to present it? Waste time by exposing her and Rush's scheme. Yeah, with every minute being crucial that would have been a disastrous waste of time. And frankly she could only guess what the infection would do to her. She didn't know for sure. She didn't know if she would make it back aboard Destiny.
                              She didn't say a thing about it when she could have, instead waiting until she was sure it worked. No one knew what she was doing, so their reaction is justified. It was a selfish act as far as they knew.

Comment

Working...
                              X