Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Chloe donate blood to Scott ??!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    For our scientists here... How long would it take for a mismatch in doner blood to have an affect on scott?
    Anything from a few minuets up to a couple of hours after the transfusion, depending on how much blood was transfused and the severity of the reaction.

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-a...on-227030.html
    "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
    "That he is concealing something."
    "Like what?"
    "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
    "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
    "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
    "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
      Yes. It's really sloppy writing to not explain every little thing to us. After all, we are idiots. We can't make logical assumptions like them having compatible blood types. Well, actually we can make one logical assumption. It's logical to assume that if the writers don't spoon feed us everything it's because they're stupid and don't think things through.
      Green for that. I had no problem with the fact that they didn't mention it. Like a lot of people said, there are several possibilities why / how it worked:
      • Compatible blood types (that is what I assumed)
      • Some effect from Chloe's alien blood that made it compatible regardless of blood types
      • Even if none of the above were true, there was no choice. It was either trying or letting Scott die. Worth a shot, even if they were not sure about the blood types.
      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Does it even matter? The reason was explained an episode ago. She is not 100% human anymore.

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
        Yes. It's really sloppy writing to not explain every little thing to us. After all, we are idiots. We can't make logical assumptions like them having compatible blood types. Well, actually we can make one logical assumption. It's logical to assume that if the writers don't spoon feed us everything it's because they're stupid and don't think things through.
        True and Green!
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
          Anything from a few minuets up to a couple of hours after the transfusion, depending on how much blood was transfused and the severity of the reaction.

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-a...on-227030.html
          THanks...

Comment

I'm going with what Rylor said above-Scott was dead anyway if they didn't do it so what's to lose? Also possible compatible blood types.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              I figured either:

(1) Scott is AB+ (universal recipient)
              (2) Chloe is O- (universal donor)
              (3) They have other blood types, but they match (both are A-, for example)
              or
              (my favorite)
              (4) Blue Alien blood makes everything better

Really, is this any worse than all the other bad biology we see in science fiction TV shows every day? My favorite is when giving someone some random injection of DNA changes their phenotype. And then they get "cured" by being given some more random DNA.
              Ooh I like reason number 4 . I must say I called the blood transfusion pretty early on in this episode. I figured they would find some way to explain it. I wonder if that line got cut or if they decided to leave it so we all have something to talk about.

Cheers, webgurl
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X