No announcement yet.

Medicinal Supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riley was out of contact from Destiny for ten hours. Found the gate after seven hours, then it went into FTL for three hours. Only then did they have access to the saw and whatever else. By then it was too late for Riley.

And then there's the greed factor. With legs and one arm scott could still be a useful member of society. Riley would have just been a drain on limited resources.

Comment

Ya think he build the from scratch? Obviously he couldn't, the fuel seamed like a bottle of pressurized gas. You can't simply open it up and refuel. They had it from Icarus, probably a torch of some kind. Greer just adapted a trigger and bigger nozzle.
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
        I thought they did. I was sure I saw Rush slipping cloth under his arm and then pulling it up towards his sholder, though I can't recall seeing them actually tie a tourniquet. It's possible this bit only happened in my head...
        Confirmed. Rush was pulling really hard to tighten it - Scott's arm was just below the frame, off camera.

They didn't show it because making it realistically tight enough would have injured the actor. Long takes, even partially cutting off his circulation during this time, esp repeatedly, definitely NOT healthy.

Similarly the CPR on TV is intentionally fake - performing it correctly on a healthy person can seriously screw up their heart rhythm.
        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
          Confirmed. Rush was pulling really hard to tighten it - Scott's arm was just below the frame, off camera.

They didn't show it because making it realistically tight enough would have injured the actor. Long takes, even partially cutting off his circulation during this time, esp repeatedly, definitely NOT healthy.

Similarly the CPR on TV is intentionally fake - performing it correctly on a healthy person can seriously screw up their heart rhythm.
          And incapacitating the person from breathing. Have you ever got hit by something heavy on your chest? You go into panic, can't act like that.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
            They didn't even tie off Scott's upper arm before attempting to cut it. Oops.
            Wow, I didn't even notice that! Woops indeed!
            sigpic

Comment

Wouldnt leaving the remote, the one thing that can dial Destiny behind be a serious security risk? If Chloe threw it, maybe she left it there on purpose because she is in league with the Blaliens

Comment

we're on a friggin space ship. surely they can build something as easy as a flamethower

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  we're on a friggin space ship. surely they can build something as easy as a flamethower
                  didn't Greer build one in Season 1 in the episode WATER when he was using it against the alien bugs?
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post

I thought Rush was using that piece of cloth to hold the arm so he wouldn't have to touch the blue stuff (by wrapping it around his wrist and then pulling to immobilize the arm) Rush was at his feet iirc, I never saw a tourniquet being applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                      I thought Rush was using that piece of cloth to hold the arm so he wouldn't have to touch the blue stuff (by wrapping it around his wrist and then pulling to immobilize the arm) Rush was at his feet iirc, I never saw a tourniquet being applied.
                      Yup, I was going to say that too. I had to rewatch it, but it was hard to see, there was some sort of blue thing around his biceps like the blood pressure checker thing which was not clearly shown. Would that be sufficient to stop the blood flow?

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                        They didn't even tie off Scott's upper arm before attempting to cut it. Oops.
                        Not that we saw..

And why does Greer simply throw away his flamethrower? Chloe ditches the gate remote aswell, youd have thought that they would keep handy bits and pieces of tech?
                        That did anoy me they left those.. but when rushed for time (like they were) do you stop to pick up something?

Wouldnt leaving the remote, the one thing that can dial Destiny behind be a serious security risk? If Chloe threw it, maybe she left it there on purpose because she is in league with the Blaliens
                        Nope. Greer was the one who droped it.

Comment

did no one see greer bending down in the final moments before they went through the gate? obviously he was picking it up

Comment

Originally posted by shortkut View Post
                            did no one see greer bending down in the final moments before they went through the gate? obviously he was picking it up
                            Watch it again. He doesnt have it when they come through the gate.
                            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by shortkut View Post
                              It looked more to me that he was bending down to get a better grip on scott.

Comment

he had one hand on scott, the other hand was out of the shot right where the dialer was dropped. it can be put in he pocket or belt in one motion before they make it through the gate

Comment

Working...
                                X