Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OutandAboot View Post
    What?
    You see it on one of the buildings when the bus pulls in. coverdale.

Comment

Or is the episode actually named cloverdale? I could have sworn the Syfy INFO via TV listed it as cloverfield. And a number of other online references as cloverfield. (despite the movie of the same name)

Comment

The town and the episode are both Cloverdale.
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

snorks, yes, the ep and the town, even in real life, are called Cloverdale
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Rush being a Justice of the Peace brought a smile to my face.
            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Rewatch:

New favourite quote:
              Rush: "This is an enemy you can't fight."
              Greer: "Watch. Me."

Scott to Rush's intercom: "Hi, I'm Matt Scott. You're marrying me tonight. I mean-" Too late buddy. Busted.

The plant monster thingie coming down... and then the kawoosh kills it. Add to the pile of kawoosh fatalities (Along with Kawalsky's Goa'uld, the prisoners on Kiera/whatevs's planet, that one guy who killed himself after being infected with that one thing that later infected Daniel, Michael's puddle jumper... and many more that I forget! Woo.)

Also, not really a favourite moment, but I kinda thought it was neat that everybody's looking a little more ragged than usual lately - Rush's epic beard, Greer's stubble, TJ, Chloe and Eli's hair... It's kinda subtle, but it really makes them all look like they've been stuck on that ship and dealing with that... It'd probably be better if they were paler, though.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

This episode was awesome, especially after last week's disappointing episode. I loved all the parts with Greer: the drinking, the flamethrowing, the gate-flushing. He's the man!
                The return part II: Sheppard contacts O'Neill from the jumper and tells him their mission isn''t sanctioned by General Landry.
                General Jack o'Neill: "So am i to assume you're not surrounded by heavily armed SG-teams and young strapping marines?"
                Dr. Weir: "You've got Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, McKay, myself and Dr. Beckett."
                Jack: "Oooh, Dr. Beckett is it? Oh i'm comforted!"
                Dr. Beckett: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Comment

Greer knows best!
                  Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Awesome ep... it started slow but it got much better!
                    The ending was just awesome, with the theme from the wedding, Greer with the flamethrower and dialing the gate over and over again EPIC!

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Every moment with Greer. Reminds me how the show has wasted the character and the actor for the most part.

Lt James in a hot waitress outfit.

The mini-debate about cutting off Scott's arm.

The dream sequence when Eli basically calls Scott out as being rather simple and unable to be in a lasting relationship.

Park begging Young to not have her make the final decision alone regarding Scott's fate. Nice touch.

The movie which cleverly explained how Scott got infected.

Becker got a line of dialogue.

Rush's voiceover as we see Scott and Chloe laying next to each oher on the ramp.

The music used in the final two minutes.

Chloe's devotion to Scott.

The show presenting Scott as a guy who is realizing that there may not be much depth to him behind his facade. He's a character who is flawed in ways that you normally don't see in your sci fi heroes.

The Young in Scott's dreams. so much different than the Young on the ship. Great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by FoX-1028 View Post
                        Awesome ep... it started slow but it got much better!
                        The ending was just awesome, with the theme from the wedding, Greer with the flamethrower and dialing the gate over and over again EPIC!
                        The episode certainly grew on me!! At the end, there was some nice parallel.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Teach me to be looking at the INFO button in Direct TV for a show I'm watching. As I wonder why Voyager looked exactly like AFV all last week (spike). It actually was Voyager for at least two days.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            - Chloe getting herself stung, figuring out the whole situation and what can be done to save Scott. Go her. Bonus points for Rush not immediately scheming or something when confronted about the chair not working by TJ.
                            I agree, it was strange he did not waffle about her status being confiremed as still being blue hybred...

- The Eli/Chloe moment. His bitter "Bye" was nuts.
                            I think it was a little linked to the 'shared feelings' it seemed (to him) they had in Insurrection (last ep of season 1)... Cause in his mind this has shown with NO QUESTION where her heart and mind lie.. that eli will never be anything other than someone to cry on.

- Greer staying behind and doing the gate thing. Does the level of bromance between him and Scott know NO BOUNDS? It's wicked to see something like that on a show that usually has the characters pitted against each other.
                            It is almost a reverse of Shep/ford dynamic where it was the "White guy' caring for the ethnic one'..

Quotes:

Rush: "Like father, like son." - Lolwut?
                            Whil it was a goodie. it was not that good.

One of the alien plants gettin vaporised by the kawoosh!^^
                            That was one of the few scenes i ilked..

The little bit at the end where the real Young puts Chloe and Scott in quarantine. Its why I love SGU so much. Their are consequences for our actions

I was surprised at young for having the balls to do that.

Rush being a Justice of the Peace brought a smile to my face.
                            Well small county justices of the peace are usually men of knowledge (smarts)..

Comment

Favourite quote...
                              Nicholas Rush, J.P. - "...and I can tell you that you're alive until you're dead. You are going to die, Matthew. We all will. Eventually. So! 7 o'clock, then! ...The 'Dearly Beloved' business?"
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

"we'll take the regular vows."
                                *look from rush*
                                "you know, the whole for better and worse things, "
                                "i know what vows are, thank you"

i loved how everyone in cloverdale had a different role yet were exactly themselves. even Young. i LOVED it. also, the eli with camera versus greer thing was a LOT like eli with kino versus greer in, i believe, air.

anyway, i loved some of the references in Cloverdale to things that happened previously. like aforementioned, greer and cameraboy eli. and Telford. his "waking up" speech. and chloe. "you do things because you're supposed to? like marrying me, because that's how it goes?"

Comment

Working...
                                X