Favourite Moments/Quotes/Alternate Cloverdale Character from 'Cloverdale'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Alternate Cloverdale Character from 'Cloverdale'

New episode, new thread, and plenty for me, at least, to harp on about favourites-wise. So, without further blah blah...

Moments:
    - Lol, Greer and Telford just met in the alternate verse and they hate each other off the bat. Good times.

- Chloe getting herself stung, figuring out the whole situation and what can be done to save Scott. Go her. Bonus points for Rush not immediately scheming or something when confronted about the chair not working by TJ.

- The Eli/Chloe moment. His bitter "Bye" was nuts.

- Greer staying behind and doing the gate thing. Does the level of bromance between him and Scott know NO BOUNDS? It's wicked to see something like that on a show that usually has the characters pitted against each other.

- The ending. I could feel the whole Scott/Chloe vibe, but there was a certain ambiguity about it all, what with the episode's long list of doubts Scott had marrying alternate Chloe and the last shot of her in alien face right before the happy marriage can occur.

Quotes:

Rush: "Like father, like son." - Lolwut?

Hungover!Scott: "Chloe..." Wait for the speech... "I really have to pee."

Alternate Cloverdale Character: Telford's brief role as the sheriff or whatevs. Most of all, that bit in the car that really spoke to the post-brainwashing guilt we hadn't seen much of yet... as seen from Scott's perspective, but still:

Telford: "But, I'm sorry to tell you, that when you wake up, you're gonna feel guilty for things you've done or said, some of it you don't even remember. It'll just be a blur. And you're gonna wonder if you'll ever feel like the person you used to be again."
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Alt-Greer's line about Eli getting the camera out of his face.
    Alt-Volker... funny in a sorta pathetic way, but endearingly so.
    Eli's "bye" has to be seconded. (not that I disagree with any of the above)

What else... well there was the blood transfusion with Rush's voiceover continuing. And the MGM lion. And Vaness!
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Scott: You think you know me?
      Eli: Your not that deep...
      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        Rush: "Like father, like son." - Lolwut?
        Both seen to be abusing alcohol?
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Alt-Rush in his little office: "To what do we owe this partial-presence..?"

I laughed a little when alternate eli was also the cameraguy ^^

Volker awkwardly not trying to give away the suprise at brody's. "They're all there.. the.. the staff...the ehm.. waiters.. so.." xD

Greer's moves at Brody's.'

James-Scott encounter. Was she just daring him so he'd back off or was she on some level serious

When Scott wakes up after fainting in the clothing store:
          Alt-TJ: Hi, I'm tamara, I'm a paramedic. Your friends called 911:
          Scott: ...Why?
          Alt-Greer: You are on the floor, man..

Every flamethrower action

The entire ending part of the episodo when they're on the ramp.

One of the alien plants gettin vaporised by the kawoosh!^^

I probably have more, but these come to mind. I really liked this ep, can't understand all this 'worst ep ever' negativity.

Comment

The Chloe-TJ-Rush exchange at the end when they want TJ to use Chloe's blood to cure Scott. Somethings like

TJ: "her blood looks normal"
            Chloe: "It's not normal, the aliens changed me"
            TJ looking at Rush: "You said the chair
            undid all that."
            Rush:"Well, obviously
            she relapsed."
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Once again this is a paraphrase

Scott:Are you busy?
              Broody:We're packed
              Scott:Where is everyone?
              Broody:Hiding from you
              Everyone: SURPRISE

Young:Wake up.

The little bit at the end where the real Young puts Chloe and Scott in quarantine. Its why I love SGU so much. Their are consequences for our actions
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The ending shot of Scott and Chloe holding hands and smiling at each other, Scott knows what it means, having her blood, he is also happy to be alive at the moment, but theres this little back room to the look in his eyes saying "I am so thankful you saved my life, but further down the line, i may have to *****-slap you .."

Greer, once again, proves to be the most interesting character in SGU

It got me thinking about how much further down the line, i mean we have the LA, Rush and the Bridge, Destiny explorations, Planet explorations, Scott and Chloe's fate, Destiny's true mission, i hope the show doesnt get too crowded with so many plots all tied together, still, this ep got me thinking about the picture as a whole

N.C

Comment

Scott and James in the bar - that old adage "in vino veritas" springs to mind - Scott's true character coming to the fore?

Comment

Alt-Rush's whole scene with Scott, his obvious disdain for Young, and swinging his cool boots up on the desk at the end. Damn, he has a lot of attitude for a little guy, doesn't he?

Speaking of attitude - GREER IS THE MAN!
                    I mean, literally, he IS the man. Flamethrowers? Whooping it up at those freaky flower things? Hiding under the "whoosh" as protection?

He can come save my life ANY TIME.
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Opening line. Orphan Scott, I was kind of hoping to see my dad.

Later on Young IS Scott's DADDY.

And of course Lt. Vanessa James.

An episode named cloverFIELD, but the town is named cloverDALE.

On the bus...

Scott: We're almost in town.
                      Greer: How can you tell?

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                        Alt-Rush's whole scene with Scott, his obvious disdain for Young, and swinging his cool boots up on the desk at the end. Damn, he has a lot of attitude for a little guy, doesn't he?
                        Yeah, but that´s the reason we love him so much, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

The scene with the movie in the Talon.... i mean the theatre was interesting...

Greer... whole episode.

The way's they modified the characters for the Alt-stuff.... yet they were the same....

Telfords bit.

Eli and the betrayal glare...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                            Yeah, but that´s the reason we love him so much, right?
                            Oh, yes, Rush is my absolute favorite. He is all kinds of wonderful!
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                              An episode named cloverFIELD, but the town is named cloverDALE.
                              What?

Comment

Working...
                              X