Cloverdale Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aesjos View Post
    I don't really think the Blue Aliens did anything to Chloe. People just kind of assume it. They had Rush too, and for longer, and he doesn't seem to have anything interesting about him. He was in the same kind of container she was.

Could be a million different things, she could have become infected with something on a planet or the ship... heck, maybe even the Ancients never even intended to go to the ship and it was meant for us - maybe there's something on the ship that unlocks knowledge they programmed into our DNA or something crazy.
    In case you've forgotten, she's written pages of the blue alien language. That isn't some random coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
      scared of the Stargate for no reason. At least SG1 gave a reason with the electromagnetic fields.

No official answer but my best guess is, at the start of the infection and just before moving Scott, Rush mentioned specifically that the Plant was tracking them by the vibrations in the ground.

In SG1 episode, when the Russians were first revealed to have a Stargate there was large seismic activity occuring, which is how it was noticed.
      Its very likely when the Kawoosh is formed that the ground has vibrations running deep underground that may of pushed the plants back out of fear, couple with the fact Animals can sense changes in the weather quite quickly, the plant may of been warned off by the pulse the vortex lets off, as the scientist in the end did say it has Coral and Animal properties.

Wall Of Text. lol

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
        I wasn't getting the feeling that the humans represented "food" to the aliens, maybe more of a reproductive strategy? A nice place to plant your spores, get them moved around, and spread your gametes to the next generation?

I'm basing this on the fact that Scott's arm wasn't "digested" in any way - the "fungus" didn't seem to be drawing nutrients from him.

I've spent too much time thinking about this, haven't I?

Could also be that the aliens were themselves the victim of some virus/bacteria which infected them ages ago, and it is this virus which is responsible for turning Scott "blue". The original creature would want to use Scott for food, the alien virus would want to use him as a vehicle to move itself around.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          Could also be that the aliens were themselves the victim of some virus/bacteria which infected them ages ago, and it is this virus which is responsible for turning Scott "blue". The original creature would want to use Scott for food, the alien virus would want to use him as a vehicle to move itself around.

regards,
          G.
          that's a really interesting thought - wonder what they might have been before they turned blue?
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Has nobody commented on the downright AWFUL CGI of the aliens? I haven't seen anything this terrible since the 90's- Stargate the Movie had better effects than Cloverdale.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post

regards,
              G.
              The food idea seems a bit hard to believe because the aliens seems to sprout out anywhere from the ground, and it could actually be one big organism or something. So if they acutally consumed meat then there would have to be an abundant meat source for it to feed on before Destiny arrived. Unless the aliens were hibernating for how many years waiting for a human to step through the gate. Just how big was that planet, you get the idea. If that alien was the apex predator, then that planet is doomed. Or maybe the local inhabitants knows of a way to thwart it, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
                In SG1 episode, when the Russians were first revealed to have a Stargate there was large seismic activity occuring, which is how it was noticed.
                Its very likely when the Kawoosh is formed that the ground has vibrations running deep underground that may of pushed the plants back out of fear, couple with the fact Animals can sense changes in the weather quite quickly, the plant may of been warned off by the pulse the vortex lets off, as the scientist in the end did say it has Coral and Animal properties.

Wall Of Text. lol
                Or as i said, sonic attacks..

As to why the ship didn't lock it out. Maybe when the seeder ship planted the gate, those aliens were either not present or in hibernation.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Please don't ever mention "One False Step" again. That was one SG-1 episode I will never watch again.
                  Is it crazy that it is one of my favorite episodes? It had really good Daniel/Jack interaction, the usual Carter figuring it out through ingenious means. It could have used more Teal'c, but other than that it was classic Stargate.

First four season of SG-1 were the best episodes we've ever seen.

Comment

The moment where the cloverdale plant aliens were the coolest was in the movie theater imo. The scene where the twilight actor cut off the plant and look at his arm injury always make me laugh.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

What bothers me was Park and Rush's dialogue about the aliens, specifically where she said they were "halfway between plants and animals, like coral". First off, corals are entirely animals, they're just animals that stay in one spot and never move. Oysters do that too, but no one calls an oyster a plant. Corals sometimes have symbiotic algae in them, but that doesnt make corals half-plant.

Second off, truly alien organisms would not be plants or animals, no more than fungus or bacteria are a plant or an animal. Just because those two divisions of life are the major macroscopic lifeforms on the planet doesnt mean they're universally ubiquitous. You can talk about sessile or motile organisms, or autotrophs vs heterotrophs, but dont equate that directly with "anything that stays still is a plant, anything that moves is an animal".

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                        The food idea seems a bit hard to believe because the aliens seems to sprout out anywhere from the ground, and it could actually be one big organism or something. So if they acutally consumed meat then there would have to be an abundant meat source for it to feed on before Destiny arrived. Unless the aliens were hibernating for how many years waiting for a human to step through the gate. Just how big was that planet, you get the idea. If that alien was the apex predator, then that planet is doomed. Or maybe the local inhabitants knows of a way to thwart it, who knows.
                        1.) They can sprout up anywhere on the type of terrain where the action was occurring. How they would do when they came across a more rocky terrain remains to be seen.

2.) They are not particularly fast.

3.) These things could be the apex predators in this area, or maybe there's something out that preyed upon them.

4.) There could be some sort of migration path through this area. The prey animals move through on some seasonal move and have no choice but to go through this area where the herd is culled. This could relate to the hibernation idea which you mentioned.

5.) The creature/plant? is an ambush predator. It hits a target with a sting and waits for the prey to die. After the prey has died the predator either sucks it dry or just allows it to naturally decompose, which enriches the soil.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                        X