Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder.. Had we NOT encountered the debris field, would the rest of the season has gone as it did? Would the drones have even cottoned onto us?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I wonder.. Had we NOT encountered the debris field, would the rest of the season has gone as it did? Would the drones have even cottoned onto us?
      Probably not. All indications were that the drones were completely dormant until they woke them in the debris field.
      Meh...

Comment

Great ep.

Eli really showing how depressed he is now.

Kind of eerie seeing these blurs fly past the windows out in the debris field.

Loved Young's line haha. Ancient, English, Bat signal.

Telford coming back with the seed ship. Shocking the first time. Not so much this time.

It's definitely a case of superior numbers > superior fire power in the battles with the drones.

What did Chloe do! da da dum!
        sigpic

Comment

Midweek...another ep of SGU...

1. Ah, the drones. Hello.

2. The Urseni...interesting species to say the least.

3. And now we have a problem...
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            3. And now we have a problem...
            You mean they haven't had one before this?

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              A great episode. How the "....very curious race" (O'Neill in 'The Fifth Race) get themselves into trouble yet again! Even when I watched this the first time round I was saying...... don't change course, don't!!!

Still makes me wonder why humans will always go and explore a debris field floating in space, it's a debris field for a good reason!
              So true about "the curious race," I never thought about it that way before, it's actually a genuine (if half-assed) excuse for why we would do stupid crap like investigate a debris field.

I love it too that the aliens are the ones that get one up on the 'heroes' by double crossing them first, leaving them in dire straits, makes a refreshing change from the people from Earth coming out on top every time! In SGU they really have to work for things!
              That was my favorite part, for the same reason.
              sigpic

Comment

I would love to communicate with the Bat Signal. Joking aside this episode introduces our new enemy in the drones. What I have liked about the drones is the buildup in the first half of the season to the drones. They did not just pop out of no where. We got clues in episodes like Aftermath and The Greater Good before seeing the drones. We summarize that since the drones are mechanical they were obviously created by someone. It always bugged me that we never found who created the drones and why they created the drones. I thought it would have been nice to explore that. As for Telford I remember being surprised to see him back. What was nice about the Ursini is first that they are neither friend nor enemy. They just cared about their people. Are we really that different? I really liked the Ursini because I could see their desperation and understand it. Finally we have the end where Chloe finally completes her transformation. Sadly not much happens here except when she attacks her bodyguard. One thing I disliked about this arc including this episode is that the Chloe infection went on forever. It was sad seeing nothing really happening. Not to mention boring
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  It always bugged me that we never found who created the drones and why they created the drones.
                  It would have been fun to find out who, but I get the why - how often has an advanced race actually improved anything it stumbled into?
                  sigpic

Comment

Perhaps if they had gave us a third season, we might have found out.

Comment

I really enjoyed this one...

A new enemy. Nice. Who created them and why?

Didn't the writers know yet, that the show was gonna get cancelled?

Comment

Trying to remember when we found out... Maybe they did but by then they had already filmed the eps.

Comment

I've heard different opinions to this. Some said they knew already in season one ??

Comment

Working...
                          X