This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica: The Official Thread

We have 17 threads regarding Battlestar Galactica, but they are all question or news threads. So, therefore, I decided on this, the official Battlestar Galactica disscusion thread. The show premeires tonight (well, in the U.S.) on Sci-Fi.
    Rocky

Hopefully it will be just as good as the mini-series. It doesn't start on Australian TV until later this year, but atleast we know that it will be on Network Ten sometime this year.

Comment

What?! DOes this thread not count?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5170

Well....it is UK based...and we are US....US THREAD IS BETTER!!!!

Heh. Now go back to watching the lowdown! Trica Hefern is on!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

You know what, it should. I did a search for "Battlestar Galactica," and since the title in that thread is spelled wrong, it didn't come up in the search. I'll let a mod decide what to do.
        Last edited by Erik Pasternak; 14 January 2005, 04:52 PM.
        Rocky

Comment

About 15 minutes in '33' and did anyone else notice the re-use of some of the mini series scenes?

1. The combat landing
          2. Galactica's jump (minus the ion storm background)
          3. The engagement with the cylon raiders

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

They changed the title sequence and music from the versions shown on SkyOne.

-IMF
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Watching the BattleStar Galactica Premiere as of this posting right now. It's turning out to be a great series. Friday nights on SciFi are gonna kick some killer butt this year! (FYI: SG-1, SG-Atlantis and BSG are airing Friday nights on SCiFi on fridays. How cool is that? I can actually stay up and see everything).

As for those not being able to see BattleStar Galactica yet (due to local TV schedules), you will not be disappointed. Good characters and a good developing plot.

Comment

I have to say, I was thouroughly impressed. Both stories were great. Also, Grace Parker's portrayl of this 'What the hell is wrong with me?' charcter, was excellent. Rewatch the last raptor scene if you want to see this.

Man.....great series!

Comment

Really, really, excellent so far. Great writing, strong character development, outstanding production values. Can't wait to see more.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I thought both episodes were excellent. This is a gritty series, I really feel the sense of desperation in the band of colonists on the run. Lots of neat twists.

Impressed with the cast and the characterizations so far. Lots of depth to these characters. I agree that Grace Park is doing a wonderful job in her multiple roles.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I really liked this show. Commander Adama is an awesome character. The president gets on my nervse though.
                      "You're taking orders from a school teacher."
                      So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                      And we never even know we have the key.
                      Already Gone---------
                      The Eagles-----------

Comment

I love Battlestar Galactica because of the deep emotions involved. There are so many emotions running around and they seem so real that it forces the reader into a state of aweness.

If only Stargate can do this with Replicarter....

Comment

First two eps were great....

as stated above....friday nights are gonna rock!
                          definately have to get a replaytv now so i never miss a new ep.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                            About 15 minutes in '33' and did anyone else notice the re-use of some of the mini series scenes?

1. The combat landing
                            2. Galactica's jump (minus the ion storm background)
                            3. The engagement with the cylon raiders
                            I didn't knotice that but it wouldn't suprise me, I bet they'll do it more to.
                            Might be expensive.
                            So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                            And we never even know we have the key.
                            Already Gone---------
                            The Eagles-----------

Comment

Yay! Another reason to look forward to Fridays! I'm so glad they made this into a series, my dad even likes it and he was a major fan of the original. So much for the "fans of the original won't like this show"
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                              X